Those look really nice. Gorgeous stitching.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Yuketen Footwear - Page 129
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1922 of 20966/22/13 at 11:04pmQuote:
And Nitty Gritty has some on sale
Got my maine guide ox from them a few years agopost #1923 of 20966/22/13 at 11:14pm
I got mine from the only stockist in Toronto: DWND Clothing.
When I went in to try them on, I had a nice conversation with the store owner about the brand. He was telling me how a very peculiar group of people typically buy these shoes because they are aware of the brand and can appreciate the quality. I was slightly hesitant to buy them on the spot because they were a little pricey but the owner offered me a discount because he didn't want "some f*cking loser to walk in and buy them because it is an expensive shoe". The quality of the shoes are amazing and my pair required no break-in at all. I've been wearing them sockless from the get-go and couldn't be happier.post #1924 of 20966/24/13 at 5:41amQuote:Originally Posted by diorhomie
I got mine from the only stockist in Toronto: DWND Clothing.
When I went in to try them on, I had a nice conversation with the store owner about the brand. He was telling me how a very peculiar group of people typically buy these shoes because they are aware of the brand and can appreciate the quality. I was slightly hesitant to buy them on the spot because they were a little pricey but the owner offered me a discount because he didn't want "some f*cking loser to walk in and buy them because it is an expensive shoe". The quality of the shoes are amazing and my pair required no break-in at all. I've been wearing them sockless from the get-go and couldn't be happier.post #1925 of 20966/24/13 at 9:01amQuote:
The store is located on Queen St. W. right at the corner of Queen/Spadina. They carry a lot of unique brands that are less common but appealing to those interested in menswear and fashion.post #1926 of 20966/24/13 at 1:06pmQuote:
oh, then I know the store! there is a shoe store next to it and the do carry Nigel Cabourn as well. And I think a huge exclusive collection of Canada Goos downstairs as well..
Thanks!post #1927 of 20966/28/13 at 4:23pm
sorry to ask another sizing question, but i'm thinking of buying a pair of the johnson boots online and i wanted to be sure they would fit. if i'm an 8.5 in vans, and an 8 in oak street trail oxfords (but they fit a bit wide and long, with a little heel slippage), would an 8D in the yuketen johnson boot be the right fit?
Edited by pessoa - 6/29/13 at 1:15ampost #1928 of 20966/30/13 at 4:31ampost #1929 of 20966/30/13 at 9:04ampost #1930 of 20966/30/13 at 3:00pmpost #1931 of 20967/11/13 at 6:28amJust for sizing... I picked up a pair of country loafers, and a pair of country rangers. I wear a size 10 New Balance, 10.5 RedWing Moc-toe/Iron Ranger, and the sizing was pretty wonky with Yuketen. I got the country loafers in a 10D, they fit w/o socks - but I couldn't wear them with heavier weight socks, maybe dress socks. The country rangers are an 11D and fit perfectly with socks on, wouldn't wear these sockless so that is not really a concern. I've got a pair of 10.5E Maine Guide chukkas coming in, so I'll report back on how those fit.post #1932 of 20967/11/13 at 12:51pmI've personally found Yuketen's sizing to be pretty consistent. I wear a 9 in Aldens, 9.5/10 in Nikes and most other sneaker brands. Lawlercon, did you wind up with different widths? I've got maybe 5 pair of Yuk's, all size 9, but a couple are E width and a couple are D width. The D width I find to fit great right out of the box, but there's definitely an adjustment and break in period with the E widths. My E Width Maine Guides took a while to break in and stretch the toe box out a little.
I mentioned this in the sale thread, but I'll say it here too: the Hermosa sneaker is pretty next level. I've never owned CP's or Margiela GATs, but I've tried on and handled them both, and I gotta say, the Yuk's feel A LOT nicer, construction-wise. Very sturdy, very well made... definitely fit almost like a dress shoe out of the box, i.e. rigid heel cup, stiff leather, etc. After break-in, I see them becoming almost everyday sneakers.post #1933 of 20967/11/13 at 4:07pmBlooingdales in San Francisco has a bunch of Yuketen chukkas and canoes on their sale racks (additional 40% off already reduced prices). Not too sure about the exact models, just thought I'd mention it here. Saw lots of sizes (I'm a 10 in Yuketen and there were 3 different models in my size)post #1934 of 20967/11/13 at 4:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by mcdecker1
Blooingdales in San Francisco has a bunch of Yuketen chukkas and canoes on their sale racks (additional 40% off already reduced prices). Not too sure about the exact models, just thought I'd mention it here. Saw lots of sizes (I'm a 10 in Yuketen and there were 3 different models in my size)
What were the prices like? Exact styles?
- Yuketen Footwear
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 29 seconds ago
- › Alden Black Cordovan Shortwing Bluchers - 9.5E 57 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Alden. Cigar Shell. Cordovan LWB size 10D. 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 11 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 12 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 13 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?