or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yuketen Footwear
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yuketen Footwear - Page 120

post #1786 of 2028
WoW!!!! Shell Cordovan!



http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=3597
post #1787 of 2028

I've been scouring the internet for the Buccaneer Yuketen Maine Guide Boots: 

 

http://fashionstealer.com/PICTURES/STEALS/yuketen/yuketen_maine_guide_db_buccaneer.jpg

 

Cant seem to find them anywhere in a 9 or 9.5 in any width D or E.

 

I was also considering some Yuketen Maine Guide ox db's but I can't find these either in a 9 or 9.5. Specifically the tan or brown.

 

http://fashionstealer.com/yuketen-maine-guide-discount-code-promo-need-supply-sale/

 

If anyone knows anywhere I could get either of these it would be greatly appreciated.

Probably put up a WTB, but just thought i'd ask the experts first. 

post #1788 of 2028
The Maine Guide oxes didn't sell really well and were discounted heavily last year. That plus they're kinda clunky means they pop up on the buy&sell forum somewhat regularly - there were two or three pairs there last I checked. I bought mine from park & bond last year for ~$200 shipped, so try'n find them for less than that.

I can't tell the difference b/w the Buccaneer and the regular Maine Guide Boots, but that line is Yuk's big seller, so they're widely available but harder to find discounted.
For estores, try Woodlands, End Clothing, yoox has a couple, etc.

One more thing: the Oxes run a 1/2 size large. Can't comment on the boots, but since they're the same last I assume it's the same.

Happy hunting!
post #1789 of 2028
Bought a SB JJG Boot. Just to help others, if it is D width, it is true to Size. I am a 10 UK and 11 US fits perfectly.
post #1790 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpes Vulpes View Post

The Maine Guide oxes didn't sell really well and were discounted heavily last year. That plus they're kinda clunky means they pop up on the buy&sell forum somewhat regularly - there were two or three pairs there last I checked. I bought mine from park & bond last year for ~$200 shipped, so try'n find them for less than that.
I can't tell the difference b/w the Buccaneer and the regular Maine Guide Boots, but that line is Yuk's big seller, so they're widely available but harder to find discounted.
For estores, try Woodlands, End Clothing, yoox has a couple, etc.
One more thing: the Oxes run a 1/2 size large. Can't comment on the boots, but since they're the same last I assume it's the same.
Happy hunting!

Thanks for the quick response! The Buccaneer is just a colorway of Maine Guides I believe, don't think I'll have any luck finding them since they came out last year. I checked the sites you provided as well as the Yuketen stockists on their site, no luck :/. Im hopeful but last resort may just get some boots that will get me through this winter and save for some Yuki's next year. I will keep my eye out for the oxes though as I wouldn't mind paying ~$200 for those. And yea I'm a 10 in almost everything 9.5 ish in vans so I was thinking to be safe go with a 9 and break them in. Thanks again I'll keep my eye out.

post #1791 of 2028

As my 3rd pair of Yuketen (I have two Maine Guide 7 eye in cerise and brown) I would like a pair of Chukka Dress in Cobra Snake (hopefully discounted as the are from last spring collection). Norse had them discounted at 222 Euros but when I saw them they were already out of stock. Any idea where these could be still available? Correct size would probably be 9 (this is my Maine Guide size).

post #1792 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate Yoko staff View Post

Just got these Yuketens in for fall...

Yuketen Eskimo Boots Brown $395CAD



Order now at [URL=http:]www.tateandyoko.com [/URL]http://tinyurl.com/avwkhp6



How warm is the boot and any things i should know about it? I'm looking for a nice warm boot this winter.
post #1793 of 2028
Bought a pair of angler mocs on ebay. Amazing shoes, but just slightly too small. Have anyone had experiences with changing the insoles? I might try to do that, the sole is pretty thick. Otherwise I might sell them, they are size 9D UK, barely used. Would be interested in swapping with half a size or even one full size bigger, or other Yuketen shoes.
post #1794 of 2028

I don't know about the mocs.

But with my Maine Guides I found the sole too thick. I pulled it out. It was just glued on.

The sole consists of an upper leather and some kind of foam beneath. I cut off the foam which I don't like and just put in the leather sole. This way they got a bit more roomy plus let my foot work and not get 'lazy' on this footbed with the arch.

That has worked well with me.

post #1795 of 2028
The mocs will give a lot in my experience, I have the dress mocs, which were pretty tight at first, but really loosened up in the mid foot with some good wear. Still not completely broken in, but its in no way uncomfortable.
post #1796 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by KasperSN View Post


How warm is the boot and any things i should know about it? I'm looking for a nice warm boot this winter.

 

I have a pair and you can be sure that these are some of the warmest boots around! I'm pretty sure our Canadian and Denmark winters are both pretty brutal and these should keep your toes nice and toasty.

post #1797 of 2028
Thanks for your answers! They might stretch out, but hard to tell if they strech out enough for them to be comfortable. It's not the season to wear them here in Norway now anyway, lots of snow. Removing the sole seems a bit dangerous, hard to sell them if it would be a fiasco. But I have a feeling they might be comfortable after wearing them for a few weeks.
post #1798 of 2028
I´m considering to purchase a pair of Paul boots. Any idea of how is the sizing compared to Trickers (4444 or 4497), Red Wing (Gt or 875) or Yuketen mocs?
post #1799 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate Yoko staff View Post

 

I have a pair and you can be sure that these are some of the warmest boots around! I'm pretty sure our Canadian and Denmark winters are both pretty brutal and these should keep your toes nice and toasty.


How do the Yuketen Eskimos fit? Say compared to the Main Guides or RW Iron Rangers?

post #1800 of 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoeagle View Post


How do the Yuketen Eskimos fit? Say compared to the Main Guides or RW Iron Rangers?

 

These were made a bit small so maybe size up one from what you wear in the Guide boots or Rangers.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yuketen Footwear