or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yuketen Footwear
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yuketen Footwear - Page 115

post #1711 of 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post


Rancourt made Oak Street at one point I'm pretty sure and Quoddy definitely made Yuketens at one point


Don't know about Rancourt/Oak Street, cannot confirm either way. 

 

Yes, Quoddy did help Yuki when he first began the company but it was for only a year or so but again, this was a long time ago.  They have nothing to do with each other now nor have they in many years.  But Yuki did get a lot of his training from the Shorley's.

post #1712 of 2021
Thanks for clearing this up for me Del-Toro, I was just trying to help the op out and help them find something, didnt mean to strike such a chord with you. Seems like you're super passionate about your Yuketen's. I just look at both sets of boots and see almost the same boot, stitches are in the exact same place, trimming is the same. It's not as much to compare them on well they are both made of leather. Yuki draws his inspiration from brands and tries to emulate their heritage and craft then they do the same back.

I'll agree that they may not be identical, but it's obvious there are lots of similarities between the two. I was just trying to help the op out by mentioning similar brands that have a similar style and quality.

Didn't mean to offend you, you can calm down now.
post #1713 of 2021
I have all three, Yuketen, Oak, Quoddy. I'll say the Rangers look very similar across the board but the Maine Guide boots are different. Look at the white stitching with an extra piece of leather above the soles on the Yuketen (brown), it gives the illusion that they are thicker which I prefer.



246233
post #1714 of 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post

Thanks for clearing this up for me Del-Toro, I was just trying to help the op out and help them find something, didnt mean to strike such a chord with you. Seems like you're super passionate about your Yuketen's. I just look at both sets of boots and see almost the same boot, stitches are in the exact same place, trimming is the same. It's not as much to compare them on well they are both made of leather. Yuki draws his inspiration from brands and tries to emulate their heritage and craft then they do the same back.
I'll agree that they may not be identical, but it's obvious there are lots of similarities between the two. I was just trying to help the op out by mentioning similar brands that have a similar style and quality.
Didn't mean to offend you, you can calm down now.

No problem at all.  It's what I do.

 

&

 

Yup, they are both leather shoes.  That is about the extent of similarities if you know what you are looking at.

post #1715 of 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by oven1969 View Post

I have all three, Yuketen, Oak, Quoddy. I'll say the Rangers look very similar across the board but the Maine Guide boots are different. Look at the white stitching with an extra piece of leather above the soles on the Yuketen (brown), it gives the illusion that they are thicker which I prefer.
 

Yeah, I agree.

 

I think Gnu was arguing that the Quoddy Grizzly and Yuketen MG were "essentially the same thing."  Here is a pic of both to demonstrate the differences.

 

Aside from the physical differences, they have different soles.  Quoddy's stitches on their Vibram sole whereas Yuketen glues on a Vibram Christy (or Christy variance).  The leather on both are different.  The leather on the Yuketen MG is slightly thicker.  The Yuketen is offered in many more colors and finishes.  The stitching is thicker and much different on the Yuketen in the toe box, mid-sole, back, and top of shoe. The Yuketen's tongue is longer and made from different material.  They are both made on different lasts.  They are different height's and have different internal measurements.  The Yuketen reinforces connection areas much better then what you will find on the Quoddy Grizzly.

 

They are both fantastic shoes but are not the same.  Hope this help clear up the confusion.  End of discussion.

 

100303-M-GrizBoot-Brown__84621_zoom.jpg

Quoddy Grizzly

 

yuketen_maine_guide_boot_at_tanner_goods.jpg

 

Yuketen Maine Guide

post #1716 of 2021
I would agree the only thing they have in common is Maine.
post #1717 of 2021
those are my feet!

We've still got a great size run of Dress Chukka's on The Woodlands site. If you use, ANNEX at check-out, you can save 15% off

yuketen_ss12_20120409_1949.jpg?103339

http://www.woodlandsshop.com/products/yuketen-dress-chukka-sg-brown

Also, im starting the list now for FW12 Yuketen Delivery.

We'll have the Johnson boot in Brown Chromexcel and a 5-Eye Maine Guide Boot in Mahogany Chromexcel... definitely one of the most anticipated drops for this fall. Shoot me an email service@woodlandsshop.com if you're are interested in being on the notification list. Once these are gone, they'll be done for the season.
post #1718 of 2021
I updated my listing with new photos and prices. FYI
post #1719 of 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchottie View Post

I updated my listing with new photos and prices. FYI

Just fyi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

Are the "sorry to do this in the xyz thread, but I have this item from xyz for sale, PM me" posts ban-worthy as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

\
Those are ban worthy, not just from the B&S forum, but from the forum, period. That's a commercial post. It doesn't matter if you are making $20 or $20K.


Also anybody with this pair? How is the sizing:
00900m_anglermoc_2.jpg
00900m_anglermoc_5.jpg
post #1720 of 2021

The angler runs tts if not slightly small because of the narrow toe-box.  Usually e width Yuketen size.  Maybe go +.5 if d width.
 

post #1721 of 2021
Anybody try on this years Yuk Bluchers?

277

Curious anybody can chime in on what size I would be if they come in a D width. I'm a 7.5 for barrie / trubalance

Thanks
post #1722 of 2021
i regret getting so many yuks this winter.For instance, the maine guide chukkas has insane heel slippage, which definitely is a design issue. I should get rid of 2 pairs...
post #1723 of 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbe View Post

Anybody try on this years Yuk Bluchers?
277
Curious anybody can chime in on what size I would be if they come in a D width. I'm a 7.5 for barrie / trubalance
Thanks

Anybody?
post #1724 of 2021

Goodstead has them on sale. They say these are standard fit and advise going with your normal size.

http://www.goodstead.co.uk/men/designers-1/yuketen/yuketen-orange-blucher-7635/

post #1725 of 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbe View Post

Anybody?

I'm an 8 Barrie last and 9 Yuk boats were too big. 8.5 was best and 8 with no socks and not much room worked, but wasn't ideal.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Yuketen Footwear