or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Ghosts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ghosts?

post #1 of 312
Thread Starter 
As long as we are talking about weird stuff, what are your views on ghosts? Some of the most otherwise hard-headed, pragmatic individuals I have known claim to have seen ghosts and experienced related phenomena. In addition, their existence has been just about universally accepted in all human cultures around the globe. I have never seen a ghost, but I will listen respectfully and open-mindedly to anyone who claims he or she has--far moreso than if an individual claims to have encountered Bigfoot or UFOs and ETs, for example. Your thoughts?
post #2 of 312
I sort of wonder about that. It is surprising the number of apparently down-to-earth people who appear to have encountered ghosts or ghostly phenomena.
post #3 of 312
'ghosts' do exist. whether 'past individuals' lurking at place of death, or more general-form ghosts, these entities are brought on by the devils themselves. UFO encounters and such as well. these are all in the realm of Satan. brought on as red herrings to confuse and dissuade humans from the truth.
this is my belief.
post #4 of 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe View Post
'ghosts' do exist. whether 'past individuals' lurking at place of death, or more general-form ghosts, these entities are brought on by the devils themselves. UFO encounters and such as well. these are all in the realm of Satan. brought on as red herrings to confuse and dissuade humans from the truth.
this is my belief.

What is the truth? How would ghosts and aliens and Bigfoot confuse it?
post #5 of 312
Guys, it is good to share the good stuff. Don't Bogart!
post #6 of 312
I've not seen one, but my brother swears he saw one in my grandma's house when he was a kid. He's not a really credible guy, but lots of other who claim to have seen them are.

As an aside, thanks for the UFO dig, JLib.
post #7 of 312
truth of God's existence. Word of God.
sincerely put.

im a christian, that is my belief.
post #8 of 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe View Post
truth of God's existence. Word of God.
sincerely put.

im a christian, that is my belief.

Do all Christians believe that ghosts are generated by teh devil? I mean, wouldn't the presence of one supernatural being lead one to conclude there may exist other supernatural beings (i.e. God) as well?
post #9 of 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe View Post
truth of God's existence. Word of God. sincerely put. im a christian, that is my belief.
So because you think that a god exists, it follows that ghosts/UFO's cannot exist? I'm not trying to be facetious; I don't know enough about Christian theology to answer the question myself.
post #10 of 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
Do all Christians believe that ghosts are generated by teh devil? I mean, wouldn't the presence of one supernatural being lead one to conclude there may exist other supernatural beings (i.e. God) as well?

i rather not get into it here, as talking about religious beliefs and opinions will just rile up some people, but if you like you can pm me i can talk to you about it what i believe in.

in a nutshell, not a good portion of true Christians do believe that these entities like ghosts are by the devil. anything to distort the view of the Bible that there is only one God , there is no other salvation but through Christ. any view or claim like ghosts or aliens and psychic powers, and reincarnation and such go against that very claim. that there are alternatives around God, around salvation through Christ.
thus Satan's hard work at creating these phenomena to mislead as many persons as possible.
post #11 of 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
Do all Christians believe that ghosts are generated by teh devil? I mean, wouldn't the presence of one supernatural being lead one to conclude there may exist other supernatural beings (i.e. God) as well?
Gnostics believe(d) that the God known to Christians and Jews (God the Creator, the Father, etc.) is a demiurge who answers to a higher cosmic being. They saw this god as someone consumed by jealousy, vengeance, etc. In short, the "God of Israel" is simply the being who created Earth. He is not the one true God.
post #12 of 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
So because you think that a god exists, it follows that ghosts/UFO's cannot exist? I'm not trying to be facetious; I don't know enough about Christian theology to answer the question myself.

i know you are not being facetious but sincere as weve talked before about this stuff.


again, i dont want to discuss this here as i know how some readers can get and start akindling and this will turn out ugly.
post #13 of 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
Gnostics believe(d) that the God known to Christians and Jews (God the Creator, the Father, etc.) is a demiurge who answers to a higher cosmic being. They saw this god as someone consumed by jealousy, vengeance, etc. In short, the "God of Israel" is simply the being who created Earth. He is not the one true God.

OK, let's return to regularly scheduled programming.
post #14 of 312
I have seen ghosts. I was channel surfing once, and they had them on the Travel Channel.
post #15 of 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
Gnostics believe(d) that the God known to Christians and Jews (God the Creator, the Father, etc.) is a demiurge who answers to a higher cosmic being. They saw this god as someone consumed by jealousy, vengeance, etc. In short, the "God of Israel" is simply the being who created Earth. He is not the one true God.

jealousy is an attribute of God. but it is biblically, only RESERVED for God Himself. it is our interpretation of jealousy here on earth that puts a connotation to that word rendering it a 'poor attribute' of God. but it is not. those who try to be like God, claim they are God, basically, an attitude and heart of PRIDE not humility angers God. THUS, we cannot be jealous.
vengeance is out of context, if you read through the old testament and the history with Israel, the depiction of God is longsuffering and love. it is that description of the relatiohship between Israel that is to be taken as a teaching on how our relationship is with God today.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Ghosts?