or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Oasis Fans?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oasis Fans?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Any Oasis fans out there? It seems like I am the only one, in the states at least. All my friends make fun of me for being so into them. If so, what are your favorite albums/songs/etc? Anyone been to a concert?
post #2 of 13
Quote:
Any Oasis fans out there? It seems like I am the only one, in the states at least. All my friends make fun of me for being so into them. If so, what are your favorite albums/songs/etc? Anyone been to a concert?
Oasis is pretty cool, granted they were never "˜the new Beatles', but their music is still worth listing to, even if it is no longer new. I used to have a similar obsession with Placebo that you have with Oasis, but it was quite short lived. Who cares what they say? I listen to classical as well as techno / trance, classic rock, alternative, metal, opera, etc... do I care if anyone else likes or dislikes what I am listing to at a particular time? No. Why not? Because if they can't appreciate at least the fact that I enjoy the music and it brings me some form of happiness...well then better off without than with them. Jon.
post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
I agree completely. I dont really listen to their opinions. My music tastes are all over. Hiphop (huge tupac fan), pop, (I watch TRL every chance I get), and now I am getting into country. I also love Marilyn Manson. And on top of all that, is Oasis.
post #4 of 13
IMO Oasis had some excellent potential to become a band that would have a long career filled with lot's of good records. Their songwriting ability and arrangements were very good and they had a great sound. They just could never get over themselves. Oh well, still love throwing on Wonderwall... Aaron
post #5 of 13
Supersonic was great, and why are they not touring in the states next year...only in the UK and Ireland.
post #6 of 13
I have not heard much Oasis, but I remember listening to Champagne Supernova and Wonder Wall back in like 6th grade. Oh, and the song they have on the Snatch ost, "Fuckin in the bushes," that's a mighty fine song.
post #7 of 13
Quote:
I agree completely. I dont really listen to their opinions. My music tastes are all over. Hiphop (huge tupac fan), pop, (I watch TRL every chance I get), and now I am getting into country. I also love Marilyn Manson. And on top of all that, is Oasis.
If you are getting into country you gotta listen to George Jones. George Jones, along with Elvis and Sinatra, form the holy trinity of American front men singers. Mr. John R. Cash I consider more of a songrwiter and musician in addition to a singer or else I would include him in this list as well
post #8 of 13
I was the only person I know who liked "Be here now" which is my personal favourite of their output.
post #9 of 13
Huge Oasis fan here. I love all their albums. Check out Standing On The Shoulders of Giants... it's a different feel from the raunch of Definately Maybe, and from Morning Glory and Be Here Now, but with the same epic nature of Be Here Now. Really a tasty album. Standout tracks for me: Fuckin' In The Bushes Roll It Over (I really love this one) Little James (Liam song) Gas Panic Where Did It All Go Wrong
post #10 of 13
I am a huge Fan. Ihave all their cd's even the imports and downloaded vevery song I can off the web. I have seen them in concert 4 times and even had a girl break up with me because i told her not to talk during a song. i think they are very underrated and have heard a new album is due to drop in 2005.
post #11 of 13
Thread Starter 
That's great to hear about an album in 2005. I have never seen them in concert. They came to the Washington DC area a while back, but I couldn't find anyone to come along, so I didn't go. Following up on PHV, "Standing on the Shoulders..." is definitely my least favorite album. "Be Here Now" is a good one, imo. Some of my favorites: Rockin Chair Let's All Make Believe The Fame Champagne Supernova Step Out She Is Love Anyone know of any sites that I can get concert tshirts/menorabilia? I know of www.oasisinet.com, but that's it.
post #12 of 13
Quote:
That's great to hear about an album in 2005. I have never seen them in concert. They came to the Washington DC area a while back, but I couldn't find anyone to come along, so I didn't go. Following up on PHV, "Standing on the Shoulders..." is definitely my least favorite album. "Be Here Now" is a good one, imo. Some of my favorites: Rockin Chair Let's All Make Believe The Fame Champagne Supernova Step Out She Is Love Anyone know of any sites that I can get concert tshirts/menorabilia? I know of www.oasisinet.com, but that's it.
Standing ont he shoulders used to be my least favourite. There are no catchy songs besides maybe Go Let It Out, but in terms of pure music, it is their greatest achievement no doubt.
post #13 of 13
big fan....only letdown was "SOTSOG" but otherwise every other record was really good. the "Masterplan" b-sides cd is also great, esp since it has one of their best songs "acquiesce" on it. the "Defnitely Maybe" dvd is one of the best music dvd's i've seen. really great features and the stories are all very engaging. re: Blur vs Oasis....i think Blur has individual songs i like better than Oasis, but Oasis is by far the better band overall. but "def maybe" definitely deserved to be rated the #1 UK record of all time. not a bad song on it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Oasis Fans?