or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn thread - Page 44

post #646 of 658
Forced to close my Brigg golfer last Wednesday when I was walking to lunch in Brighton with a client. We were out on the promenade, heading for the restaurant, when a dreadful squall of rain and hail with storm force winds blew through. Her long black brolly was wrecked and so we huddled under the Brigg, but when the frame started to buckle under the battering it was taking, I knew I had to close it. I'd had another Brigg golfer collapse on me in similar conditions a few years ago because it couldn't withstand the pounding it was taking, and I didn't want that to happen again. Maybe a Stormshield with its fibreglass frame would have flexed and survived but the double metal ribs of the Brigg felt as though they were going to break...
post #647 of 658

A Goyard:

 

post #648 of 658

Burberry Prorsum, F/W 2012, with a pheasant-shaped handle:

 

 

post #649 of 658

Gents,

I've been lurking the ebay couple of days ago, and decided to type the "fox umbrella" in the search bar. It turned out there is one interesting Fox Umbrella make up there so I hit the buy it now button. Now waiting it's arrival.

My question is: Could the seller be wrong with the description? He is a huge seller, selling all kinds of stuff and said this umbrella was on display in major department store. He's not the type of seller specialized with these things. He marked that this umbrella MSRP was $199 new, and was selling it for $129 ...

Thing is, there is no chance this umbrella had such a low price msrp tag in the first place as per fox umbrella web page it has a high grade canopy, and also the chestnut handle is only available with their solids line. I really cannot tell if this is a stick or a solid, and there was no chance to hassle the seller to open the umbrella and take the photo of the stick/solid ..

I will know that once umbrella reach me.

Could someone tell from the photo what I bought? I have a 30 days money back, so I don't care really if it's a bad purchase .. But would be cool to know I bought a decent umbrella for a 129 bucks ..

Here are some photos seller posted ..

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

post #650 of 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
 


Could someone tell from the photo what I bought? I have a 30 days money back, so I don't care really if it's a bad purchase .. But would be cool to know I bought a decent umbrella for a 129 bucks ..

Here are some photos seller posted ..

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

 

How did you get on in the end?

post #651 of 658

I am still waiting for the umbrella. Long trip from the USA+Customs in my state that were pretty busy around the Easter.. I should receive it Monday or Tuesday finally and will, of course, report back with some photos so you guys could tell your thoughts .. Really excited, I remember this umbrella had a lot of watchers on ebay, and a jack pot would be if the handle is made of a continuous piece of wood (solid) ..

post #652 of 658

Reporting In.

Received the parcel early this morning. Thought I received a sniper rifle upon opening the big box as it had 2 layers of thick bubble paper and a 2 layers of protective heavy paper all wrapped around making the umbrella itself completely invisible.

My suspicions proved right. First, after I eagerly got my hands on the handle through all the paper I noticed the original price was still attached, and it said $295 (luckily my custom agent was lazy enough not to see this info, he apparently didn't even bother to open the package), even though the seller originally stated on ebay the original price was only $199. (He was selling it for $129).

The current price on Fox umbrella online shop is $370 including postage.

So, I proceeded with the further inspection. My major concern was if this is a regular stick or a top of the line solid. However, this seems It has all the best work on it, handmade springs, inside and outside rosettes, metal ferrule, metal runner and notch.

Enough talk. Here are some photos. I made a little comparison with my other Fox Automatic umbrella, which looks like a toy compared with the one I received.


 


 

 

 

 

 

post #653 of 658
Oh, that's a great umbrella! The maroon canopy looks very nice, too. How long is it?
post #654 of 658

^Thanks. The total length is about 95 cm (36 inch). I believe that is their Standard version.

The photos of the colour of canopy hardly do justice as in person the colour feels more rich, much like on the sellers photo couple of posts above ..

All in all, a very good umbrella for a $129 .. Though it cost me a bit more with the postage, but still 50% cheaper compared to the Fox Umbrella web page ..

post #655 of 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

Reporting In.


Received the parcel early this morning. Thought I received a sniper rifle upon opening the big box as it had 2 layers of thick bubble paper and a 2 layers of protective heavy paper all wrapped around making the umbrella itself completely invisible.


My suspicions proved right. First, after I eagerly got my hands on the handle through all the paper I noticed the original price was still attached, and it said $295 (luckily my custom agent was lazy enough not to see this info, he apparently didn't even bother to open the package), even though the seller originally stated on ebay the original price was only $199. (He was selling it for $129).


The current price on Fox umbrella online shop is $370 including postage.


So, I proceeded with the further inspection. My major concern was if this is a regular stick or a top of the line solid. However, this seems It has all the best work on it, handmade springs, inside and outside rosettes, metal ferrule, metal runner and notch.


Enough talk. Here are some photos. I made a little comparison with my other Fox Automatic umbrella, which looks like a toy compared with the one I received.




















a bargain is a bargain...
post #656 of 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

^Thanks. The total length is about 95 cm (36 inch). I believe that is their Standard version.


The photos of the colour of canopy hardly do justice as in person the colour feels more rich, much like on the sellers photo couple of posts above ..


All in all, a very good umbrella for a $129 .. Though it cost me a bit more with the postage, but still 50% cheaper compared to the Fox Umbrella web page ..

Polished chestnut is retailing for £218 on the Fox UK website at the moment and approx £230 - £250 at a couple of my favourite London umbrella retailers....

Looks like a real bargain. Where are you based?

L
post #657 of 658
Treated myself to a new Brigg curved handle golf umbrella (27 inch frame) last week. Went into the shop intending to buy another solid wood umbrella but couldn't really justify £300 or so when I already have two Brigg solids. So I came away with a bright royal blue golfer for approx £125. The blue is very distinctive and eye-catching, but what really sold me on it was that when I opened it, the mechanism seemed much stiffer and tighter than the other four or five golfers I tried. Sometimes an umbrella canopy can feel a bit loose but this is so taut and the dome is so rigid that I think it will take an absolute storm to put it under any pressure. I could hardly get the brolly open but once it's open it feels totally gale-proof! Let's see what Autumn and Winter in Brighton can do but it feels much more "unshakeable" than my existing Brigg golfer which I've had a few years now
post #658 of 658
Intense summer downpours - rain of tropical intensity - on and off during August in Brighton and London, so my royal blue Brigg golfer has been given a real baptism. Not much in the way of wind to test it but I'm confident that it is my sturdiest umbrella at the moment. Whether that will be enough for storm or even violent storm winds in the coming months remains to be seen.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn thread