or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ripped jean by the cuff...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ripped jean by the cuff...

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Ok i turn up the back of my denim (5ep, KMWs) and since where they are turned up has creased and a ripped has occured.

FOr some reason i find this very unsettling. Does anyone have a nice fix for this? I feel like i should trash them but thats not happening with a 200 + pair of denim...

post #2 of 13
are you sure the legs are not too long? then they would wear out on the crease.
only solution is sew it up.
post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anamoly View Post
Ok i turn up the back of my denim (5ep, KMWs) and since where they are turned up has creased and a ripped has occured.

FOr some reason i find this very unsettling. Does anyone have a nice fix for this? I feel like i should trash them but thats not happening with a 200 + pair of denim...


Trash them? Stitch it up
post #4 of 13
been thinking this over, had a flash.
have your tailor sew all around from the outside. the seam would encompass the worn area.
then when you turn up the cuff the seam will be hidden inside the cuff.
post #5 of 13
I just thought about this as well.
I have a new pair of jeans which I want to cuff. My worry is, if I do so, it will probably wear through there sometime (or will it not? It's the efes sky, 21 ounce denim). Any way to prevent this?
Also, is there a way of making the cuff hold up better? Like ironing it in place?
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anamoly View Post
Ok i turn up the back of my denim (5ep, KMWs) and since where they are turned up has creased and a ripped has occured.


thats what happens deal with it or don't cuff and get your jeans hemmed
post #7 of 13
it's just giving them a little character.
post #8 of 13
sander, dont iron use a little spray starch on the cuff and let dry under a book to press. not really good for the denim but it works the best especially for weak denim
post #9 of 13
how about just not cuffing them. this serves 2 purposes: your pants wont rip AND you won't look like a douche...
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskidder View Post
how about just not cuffing them. this serves 2 purposes: your pants wont rip AND you won't look like a douche...

like this one?


well, he'll come over to talk to you about that:

post #11 of 13
So your pants are so long that even cuffed they drag on the ground? Or are they just old and the crease where they're folded has worn through?
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander View Post
I just thought about this as well.
I have a new pair of jeans which I want to cuff. My worry is, if I do so, it will probably wear through there sometime (or will it not? It's the efes sky, 21 ounce denim). Any way to prevent this?
Also, is there a way of making the cuff hold up better? Like ironing it in place?

it'd take a crazy amount of wear to wear through that denim
in 6months a got a hole from my wallet, but the wallet has a corner and when i sit on it, it is under a lot more stress
the rest of the jeans are solid
i dont see a cuff under the same amount of stress as a wallet so you should be fine unless you're stepping on the hem or something
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander View Post
...
Also, is there a way of making the cuff hold up better? Like ironing it in place?

You can sew the cuff into place. Just take a needle and thread and stitch at the selvedge seam, and at the inside seam. It will stay in place, but not look unnatural.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ripped jean by the cuff...