or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? - Page 2548

post #38206 of 38441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hype1234 View Post

It's kind of a SW&D shoe rather than a CM edward green or allen edmonds style, but I'm wondering if I should buy these Mcnairy's new from a friend. Any opinions on the quality of the leather? What type of care does pebblegrain need? His have a basic stacked leather sole.
They look decent. pebble-grain is just embossed calf leather. just your normal polish/cream needed. They are made in Northampton by Sanders (or at least all of his recent shoes have been). Decent quality in my experience - not up to Edward Green but as good as your typical English shoemaker.
post #38207 of 38441
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post

They look decent. pebble-grain is just embossed calf leather. just your normal polish/cream needed. They are made in Northampton by Sanders (or at least all of his recent shoes have been). Decent quality in my experience - not up to Edward Green but as good as your typical English shoemaker.
Thanks! Ya, I know he just slaps his name on a sanders (which is why I'd never pay retail for mcnairys). At this point I'm just trying to decide if they work with my wardrobe I guess. For me they're kind of like an alternative to the thom browne black longwing, at a lower price, and less flashy.
post #38208 of 38441
Nicely, you need to buy more Song for the Mute. Or someone does. Or everyone does

post #38209 of 38441
I do. And I will.
post #38210 of 38441
I didnt really like the way they styled the runway show for Sftm. The jackets are all very cool though
post #38211 of 38441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hype1234 View Post

It's kind of a SW&D shoe rather than a CM edward green or allen edmonds style, but I'm wondering if I should buy these Mcnairy's new from a friend. Any opinions on the quality of the leather? What type of care does pebblegrain need? His have a basic stacked leather sole.

http://www.inventorymagazine.com/updates/mark-mcnairy-ridgeway-long-wing.html


Sorry to bring it up again, but I'm still on the fence and wondering what type of leather is likely being used here. I'm not sure if mcnairy uses a full grain or if these might have even been treated. Any ideas?
post #38212 of 38441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hype1234 View Post

Sorry to bring it up again, but I'm still on the fence and wondering what type of leather is likely being used here. I'm not sure if mcnairy uses a full grain or if these might have even been treated. Any ideas?

The Sanders pebble-grain shoes I've handled have been embossed top-grain, but I've little experience with McNairy's offerings, and without looking closely at the actual shoes to see whether they've been coated I couldn't tell you. Personally I prefer pebble-grain on tan/brown shoes.
post #38213 of 38441
I like those shoes. The pebble grain meshes well with the beefy shape. But without knowing a single thing about your style, I can't give you an opinion either way confused.gif
post #38214 of 38441
I really like these boots, but worried the color is too loud...thoughts? Would they look nice with dark blue and black jeans?

post #38215 of 38441
what goes on here?
post #38216 of 38441
{ I will keep your secret } lol8[1].gif
post #38217 of 38441
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2
post #38218 of 38441
One no two yes. Reversible always useless and you have like sixteen of that jacket already.
post #38219 of 38441
Who makes the shirt? So good...
post #38220 of 38441

GUYS IS THIS TOO LOUD?

 

 

Also if I can only pick one of the two:

 


Edited by accordion - 8/5/14 at 7:44pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?