or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? - Page 2471

post #37051 of 38323
glad the peak has everyone's support. because i don't want a fight or nuffun. go for the peak
post #37052 of 38323
i've always been partial to the peak myself.
post #37053 of 38323
I like the shawl. Where can I get the shawl?
post #37054 of 38323

Haven and The Bureau have the shawl collar.  Or email Nepenthes NY see if they have any

post #37055 of 38323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorcan7 View Post

Haven and The Bureau have the shawl collar.  Or email Nepenthes NY see if they have any

haven also has the peak lapel version
http://shop.havenshop.ca/collections/needles/products/rebuild-bdu-peaked-lapel-jacket
post #37056 of 38323

post #37057 of 38323
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityHunter View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This is more of a 'this or that'...
Pretty set on picking up a Needles Rebuild jacket - but which one? I was set on the shawl collar initially, but for some reason the peak lapel is calling out to me...


PEAK LAPEL



SHAWL COLLAR

Peak.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmaged View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


eg charcoal railroad stripe bedford? does popping the collar w/ peak lapels ever work out well?

Buy it!

And yes, I often wore my Bedford with the peak lapels up. Does not look weird, imo.

post #37058 of 38323

Question:  I found a pair of Brioni olive wool pants ant Neiman Marcus Last Call that fit me close to perfectly, and which are gorgeous, reduced from $875 to $175 which I was about to buy without hesitation until I noticed that the reinforcement stitching bar (please excuse my complete lack of proper syntax knowledge...) at the top of the pocket hole was pulled loose with an approximately 2 mm hole in the fabric where the pocket attached, which if the pocket could be stitched up again, would be unnoticeable.  Unless of course, the stitching didn't hold or the fabric around hole started to come undone.  Is this a repairable fix and should I get the pants?

post #37059 of 38323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualguy View Post

Question:  I found a pair of Brioni olive wool pants ant Neiman Marcus Last Call that fit me close to perfectly, and which are gorgeous, reduced from $875 to $175 which I was about to buy without hesitation until I noticed that the reinforcement stitching bar (please excuse my complete lack of proper syntax knowledge...) at the top of the pocket hole was pulled loose with an approximately 2 mm hole in the fabric where the pocket attached, which if the pocket could be stitched up again, would be unnoticeable.  Unless of course, the stitching didn't hold or the fabric around hole started to come undone.  Is this a repairable fix and should I get the pants?

Great find!

A good tailor should be invisibly able to do the alteration at not too high a cost:)

I would snap them up before somebody else does!!!!
post #37060 of 38323

Thanks for the advice.  I'm going back tomorrow to pick them up.  Any recommendations out there on a good tailor in the Baltimore, Easton, MD or DC area?

post #37061 of 38323

 

Dries check, DB check, subdued vegetation with deep purple floral hints check, 20% off check.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Lined no check FML.

 

:fu: 

post #37062 of 38323
Quote:
Originally Posted by LelandJ View Post




Dries check, DB check, subdued vegetation with deep purple floral hints check, 20% off check.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Lined no check FML.



 



" src="http://files.styleforum.net/images/smilies/ffffuuuu.gif" style="border-bottom-width:0px;border-left-width:0px;border-right-width:0px;border-top-width:0px;">
 



Gorgeous!!

I say yes!!)smile.gif
post #37063 of 38323

Drives me nuts paying to get it lined, need 50% off to justify fabric and tailor cost.

post #37064 of 38323
It should be half / quarter lined. All you really need is the sleeves lined, which I think it is...
post #37065 of 38323

I know Yoox makes description errors often so I should've zoomed on the inside earlier. You're right it's partially lined:

 

 

Now I have to figure out how often I'd wear it.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
:hide:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?