or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? - Page 201

post #3001 of 39144
Yeah, real python. Barney's says they can't even ship them to CA due to their laws about that stuff.
post #3002 of 39144
Which makes 'em even more baller status. Buybuybuy.
post #3003 of 39144
I think it's too nipped at the waist; the arms could be cut smaller for how slim it fits. But it seems like it probably looks very nice in person, which is why I can't fault you for picking it. I think the cut almost demands something "runway" - narrow shoes, slim trousers, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLester View Post
I assume you have problem with the pants. Are you recommending jeans or wool pants instead? I would like to wear this jacket to work now and then, so it can't be a "just with jeans" jacket.
post #3004 of 39144
Both those belts are good, but I like the black one more. The grey one may be natural but it doesn't look like it.
post #3005 of 39144
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoX101 View Post
That looks very nice, funny I was thinking jil sander before I saw the label. Definitely would work better with some nice sleek modern trousers and shoes (have a look at how they wear it on the runway, not that you should wear it the same way but it gives you an idea of what would work).

That is one of the things I like about it. You know who made it by looking at the design, not the label. It is unmistakeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadcollar View Post
I think it's too nipped at the waist; the arms could be cut smaller for how slim it fits. But it seems like it probably looks very nice in person, which is why I can't fault you for picking it. I think the cut almost demands something "runway" - narrow shoes, slim trousers, etc.

It is a striking jacket, which doesn't come through fully in the grainy, low-light iphone photos. The cut is the main thing, but the fabric also has an interesting, subtle weave. It is definitely right for someone; I can't decide if it is for me.

It is full price so I probably have some time to make a decision.
post #3006 of 39144
It is pretty nice and can easily be had at 40 off if you want it in another couple of months.
post #3007 of 39144
It's good. I would grab it but I have a different aesthetic for work.
post #3008 of 39144
post #3009 of 39144
sperrys..60 bucks..not sure if there is a better alternative around the same price
post #3010 of 39144
I need a boot I can wear regularly to school (alternate with my db's/sneakers), and preferably something I can dress up with for going out sometimes too. Will be worn with my AW cougars and a slim pair of raw denim to be determined. These APCs caught my eye, and I'd rather keep it around $500 than move into $700 territory for the w+h boots. yay or nay?
post #3011 of 39144
^no, get indys if you want that style
post #3012 of 39144
definitely not set on a particular style. with that said, do you have any other recommendations in the $400-$700 price range? thx
post #3013 of 39144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
definitely not set on a particular style. with that said, do you have any other recommendations in the $400-$700 price range? thx

There are a lot of nice Alden boots in that range, check out Alden of Carmel and Leather Soul.
post #3014 of 39144
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyC View Post
really you cant think that out for yourself?it is a gray v neck sweater with a little gold eagle on it. i don know the rest of your wardrobe, the rest of your personal style, so I dont know. im sure you can figure out whether a heather grey v neck sweater would fit into your wardrobe. My guess is yes but who knows I may be wrong and you could be dressing like uncontrol. EDIT: sorry i just read that again and I realized how mean that sounded.I just got back home and I am pretty messed up so i am sorry. but really why can't you figure that out by yourself. this is the part of sf that pisses me off.
post #3015 of 39144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
I need a boot I can wear regularly to school (alternate with my db's/sneakers), and preferably something I can dress up with for going out sometimes too. Will be worn with my AW cougars and a slim pair of raw denim to be determined.

These APCs caught my eye, and I'd rather keep it around $500 than move into $700 territory for the w+h boots.

yay or nay?


If you really want them wait for sale time, but I agree with Jet Alden Indy's are a better buy for the price and style.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?