or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? - Page 1888

post #28306 of 38826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

Mr Shah, while not personally a fan of "the bulb toe" I can see how they go well with le chemineau chic. I lean toward black just because I think it will go with more stuff.
nod[1].gif

thanks Mr Parker ! you're absolutely right. But I'm avoiding black at all costs henceforth ... or so I say. And the reversed/waxed leather isn't as desirable as the shiny smooth one biggrin.gif
post #28307 of 38826

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

not a bad jacket for 2800 sek.

don't you mean 2400 sek?

I can get it for 189 euro with the 15% TBS coupon + 20% VAT discount. 

 

The jacket looks awkward on this guy, and I'm not sure how the jacket will look on me. 

post #28308 of 38826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingusberry View Post

this guy looks awkward.
ftfy
post #28309 of 38826
like the collar, dislike the pocket placement. I d say no.
post #28310 of 38826
How's the sizing on MOMAs...I hear it's a bit big....is that like Alden Indy big? Did you get 8s or 9s Shah? Thanks!
post #28311 of 38826
Quote:
Originally Posted by corneliusparky View Post

How's the sizing on MOMAs...I hear it's a bit big....is that like Alden Indy big? Did you get 8s or 9s Shah? Thanks!

i hope this doesn't come across the wrong way. I ordered the waxed leather in black and the smooth full grain in light brown, and had decided to go with the latter because I am removing more and more black from my wardrobe. the more bulbous toes also scored in their favor. now the leather felt thin, much thinner than I'd expected, true for both pairs. I paid little other attention to the black ones aside that the waxed surface had a grainy feeling, different than the waxed F+B workboots I'd donned for some time -- no more. The Momas were both comfortable to walk around in, but I never left the balcony or my living room so I can't speak any more about that.

I pulled out the hair dryer and prepped the browns for a nice coating of snoseal, something I've done to all my leather footwear aside from cordovan shell and suede (suede water-repellant spray has worked fine so far). as I heated the derbies without getting too close, I started noticing slight deformations forming in the leather. I thought I was just tired, and proceeded to apply a coating, darkening them slightly as the wax is wont to do. as the wax settled and bag drying, i noticed again the wrinkles, as if simply applying light heat aged the skin rapidly. discolorations were more pronounced, the poor glueing of the upper to the soles became more evident, and its value even less apparent despite the cheap price. being that f+b can be purchased at the same price, i'm now wondering why i bothered -- though I know why, and I don't blame reedo since I'd been considering this pair long before his rave reviews. the silhouette was attractive as was the seemingly reasonable price. but there are better options with superior quality in the same range, perhaps this was a one-off and i'll soon be returning a slightly-darkened pair marked as defective for this withering carcass on wood sole they sent me. i have to sleep on whether i even bother trying the black pair out or not given how pathetic this one was ! the great advice of SF, if there's one true statement echoed throughout the forum, is investing in proper footwear (sneakers aside, of course, can't knock the vans and cons i rock satisfied.gif )
post #28312 of 38826
it's all reedo's fault. foo.gif
post #28313 of 38826
Ha yea these weren't near the level of quality of my boots, I'll be honest. Half the reason I returned them.

But seriously, my boots are still my favorite shoe
post #28314 of 38826
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Ha yea these weren't near the level of quality of my boots, I'll be honest. Half the reason I returned them.

But seriously, my boots are still my favorite shoe

i'll assume quality control is non-existant and they make a variety of items ranging from the attrocious to quite satisfactory. can't complain given the price, i was just a bit disappointed in myself really.

maybe if i find another pair as enticing, some beater bulbous wear could be nice
post #28315 of 38826

don't use snoseal obenhaufs heavy duty leather proofing is better;

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post


i hope this doesn't come across the wrong way. I ordered the waxed leather in black and the smooth full grain in light brown, and had decided to go with the latter because I am removing more and more black from my wardrobe. the more bulbous toes also scored in their favor. now the leather felt thin, much thinner than I'd expected, true for both pairs. I paid little other attention to the black ones aside that the waxed surface had a grainy feeling, different than the waxed F+B workboots I'd donned for some time -- no more. The Momas were both comfortable to walk around in, but I never left the balcony or my living room so I can't speak any more about that.
I pulled out the hair dryer and prepped the browns for a nice coating of snoseal, something I've done to all my leather footwear aside from cordovan shell and suede (suede water-repellant spray has worked fine so far). as I heated the derbies without getting too close, I started noticing slight deformations forming in the leather. I thought I was just tired, and proceeded to apply a coating, darkening them slightly as the wax is wont to do. as the wax settled and bag drying, i noticed again the wrinkles, as if simply applying light heat aged the skin rapidly. discolorations were more pronounced, the poor glueing of the upper to the soles became more evident, and its value even less apparent despite the cheap price. being that f+b can be purchased at the same price, i'm now wondering why i bothered -- though I know why, and I don't blame reedo since I'd been considering this pair long before his rave reviews. the silhouette was attractive as was the seemingly reasonable price. but there are better options with superior quality in the same range, perhaps this was a one-off and i'll soon be returning a slightly-darkened pair marked as defective for this withering carcass on wood sole they sent me. i have to sleep on whether i even bother trying the black pair out or not given how pathetic this one was ! the great advice of SF, if there's one true statement echoed throughout the forum, is investing in proper footwear (sneakers aside, of course, can't knock the vans and cons i rock satisfied.gif )
post #28316 of 38826
I need a new bag for uni, old one broke.


http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11652224
North Face Mondaze (Black)


http://www.drjays.com/shop/P1336872/product.html
North Face Heritage Crevasse (Black or Navy)


http://www.drjays.com/shop/P1337346/product.html
North Face Heritage Mountain Rucksack (Black)


http://www.drjays.com/shop/G1-V2796-R375-P1316766/the-north-face/pre-hab-backpack.html
North Face Pre-Hab(Black)

As much as I would love a GoRuck GR1, I only have about $150 tops for a bag. If I shouldn't get any of those, can I get some good recommendations for a black bag?
post #28317 of 38826
withering carcass on wood sole they sent me laugh.gif
i like the idea of brown footwear with blues, blacks and greys. why not keep rocking aldens in cordovan, mailmoth style devil.gif

what other options are you looking at? just curious..
post #28318 of 38826
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanxl View Post

withering carcass on wood sole they sent me laugh.gif
i like the idea of brown footwear with blues, blacks and greys. why not keep rocking aldens in cordovan, mailmoth style devil.gif

what other options are you looking at? just curious..

i dont want to wear the aldens all the time , wanted to rotate them so they can get some rest, and was after more chunky silhouette redface.gif

anything brownish-greenish-reddish could work. couple alternatives that were several times more expensive ...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





am not in a rush, i might just get some black docs since i don't have black boots, or any black non-sneaker footwear for that matter. that will suffice for the winter, at least.
docs (Click to show)
post #28319 of 38826
I got that other thingy from a few pages back, thanks for help. Here is another item, cotton bomber. Fabric looks like a grosgrain weave.

cxTI4.png

http://www.mrporter.com/product/312394

Fit pic


Qzhsp.jpg
post #28320 of 38826
Damn Kanye, time to start sizing up on those jeans
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?