or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? - Page 1868

post #28006 of 37273
has anyone noticed how "new inductees" gravitate towards "sz" type brands? imo i think because it looks "cool" and is so easy and derivative - ie doesn't take much to make it look good/ok....no hate, but just seems really cookie cutter
post #28007 of 37273
OK so just totally forget my last like 20ish posts and advise me on whether or not I should buy this:



Attachment, for those who are curious
post #28008 of 37273
I almost want to say the sweaters aren't as soft as they used to be but I'm not sure since I stopped handling them. Iirc may have overheard someone else mention it I guess.

I don't know and don't care really was just curious since I disagree with your 250 assessment. I have margiela sweaters that were more (some ridiculous but they are handknit) that were $$$ but wouldn't say they were quite worth the price (though much nicer than post 09 offerings that were poor in design).
post #28009 of 37273
Damn, more I look at it the more I think it's a resounding yes haha
post #28010 of 37273
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Damn, more I look at it the more I think it's a resounding yes haha

why say no when it feels so good to say yes

post #28011 of 37273
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyBirch View Post

has anyone noticed how "new inductees" gravitate towards "sz" type brands? imo i think because it looks "cool" and is so easy and derivative - ie doesn't take much to make it look good/ok....no hate, but just seems really cookie cutter

Of course, this has been going on for years. It's the lack of appreciation for subversive design because their eyes are untrained to notice such design details and more importantly the bigger picture. They register for sz and are easily impressed by what they perceive as radical/dramatic dress so they gravitate to it not to mention the color palate is easy peasy. Then after years of spending shit tons of money, getting beat up, called emo by the fashion ignorant, and wasting hours shuffling through innumerable classifieds threads they end up selling off the majority of their wardrobes and start collecting old helmut, margiela and raf.
post #28012 of 37273
The F/W 11 alpaca pocket sweater I have is pretty nice (I would say worth it), but sleeves are a touch too long for me.
post #28013 of 37273
freelz. i mean grey is actually my favourite colour and i love overcast weather, but having an entirely greyscale wardrobe is booooooooooring. colour is so umm...awesome...yeah - yet rarely done well. not to mention easy-way out is meh - you see plenty of dudes with a 3k outfit and still look silly.

like the nerdy kid at school and tries to reinvent himself....like IRL username change ....
post #28014 of 37273
It's like when you starting caring about clothes so you'd go to the mall and cop some z cavariccis, girbauds and/or mustard/drab olive baggy suits with shoulder pads from oaktree that made margiela blazers look like neapolitan soft shoulders. Then you'd style them in a way that would make you a perfect stand in for young mc's bust a move video. You thought you were so cool with that little tag on your fly and when you'd look at people you'd almost nod and want to point at your fly so everyone would know what kind of pants you were wearing. Who would have thought that pants with a half dozen pleats that taper to a hem that would make dior 17.5s jealous were yesterday's equivalent of our beloved fw11 schneider alpaca jacket. Then fast forward ten years later when you see pictures of your so called cool self you realize you were sporting wait, is that a dated fade with a color me badd moustache while flossing a gold chain outside of your t shirt? All of a sudden it hits you; you weren't as cool as you thought you were but it was ok back then. Girls were cooler, clubs were cooler, everything was cooler and it wasn't all about money back then.
post #28015 of 37273
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

OK so just totally forget my last like 20ish posts and advise me on whether or not I should buy this: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Attachment, for those who are curious

It's pretty cool, but come on, you already own that Plokhov. The jackets would serve the exact same purpose. What you need is an inner Hendrix telling you to be content be content be content.
post #28016 of 37273
^ha, that Attachment is the one I originally bought off of Y! Japan 2 years ago and sold to g transistor. It fits incredibly slim reedo, I'm a 46 and it was too small.
post #28017 of 37273
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

It's like when you starting caring about clothes so you'd go to the mall and cop some z cavariccis, girbauds and/or mustard/drab olive baggy suits with shoulder pads from oaktree that made margiela blazers look like neapolitan soft shoulders. Then you'd style them in a way that would make you a perfect stand in for young mc's bust a move video. You thought you were so cool with that little tag on your fly and when you'd look at people you'd almost nod and want to point at your fly so everyone would know what kind of pants you were wearing. Who would have thought that pants with a half dozen pleats that taper to a hem that would make dior 17.5s jealous were yesterday's equivalent of our beloved fw11 schneider alpaca jacket. Then fast forward ten years later when you see pictures of your so called cool self you realize you were sporting wait, is that a dated fade with a color me badd moustache while flossing a gold chain outside of your t shirt? All of a sudden it hits you; you weren't as cool as you thought you were but it was ok back then. Girls were cooler, clubs were cooler, everything was cooler and it wasn't all about money back then.
post #28018 of 37273
Yes to attachment cause that piece is rad and it's super cheap
post #28019 of 37273
I love Ervell knitwear, but I wouldn't say it's $250 nice. I've had probably about eight or nine Ervell knits pass through my hands at least, never paid more than $150 for any of them, and that's including the four or five f/w alpaca ones I've had. I actually like the cotton ones better, since the alpaca is incredibly fragile. Blasphemy, I know.
post #28020 of 37273
i'd say that this season's pocket knits are worth it @ 250, considering that it's been a while since he's made them in interesting colors.
have always regretted missing out on the turq melange knits from FW09. never again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?