or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? - Page 1461

post #21901 of 38832
Do they have to be pebble grain? Plenty of black country brogues out there in addition to the Barker's MoK linked above. Sanders models Braemar, Salisbury, southwark; etc.
post #21902 of 38832
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post

DM's are okay as beaters (I've got three pairs) but for 3x more the tricker's will last you 3x as long and look much better.

Won't argue the looks, but aren't Docs supposed to last forever? My three pairs are still going strong after 10-15 years.
post #21903 of 38832
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobizor View Post

Won't argue the looks, but aren't Docs supposed to last forever? My three pairs are still going strong after 10-15 years.

The leather quality seems to have really dropped over the last few years. They're also not easy to re-sole or cost effective.
post #21904 of 38832

What do you think of these?

3740-4-XL--450-auto.jpg

Oliver Spencer. On sale at 155 USD.

post #21905 of 38832
I like my docs. go great with a lot of things
post #21906 of 38832
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post

The leather quality seems to have really dropped over the last few years. They're also not easy to re-sole or cost effective.

Ah, well, that may be. Mine are all the old school Made in England kind; never had the need to buy the new ones.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #21907 of 38832
I actually have no problem with docs in general. The 1460 makes a great beater boot, but I just don't see the appeal of those shoes when there are so many other options out there.
post #21908 of 38832
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

What do you think of these?
350x350px-LL-e6f22602_3740-4-XL--450-auto.jpeg
Oliver Spencer. On sale at 155 USD.
Not bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobizor View Post

Ah, well, that may be. Mine are all the old school Made in England kind; never had the need to buy the new ones.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

The old (and purportedly the new) MIE were definitely better. I still like current Docs as beater shoes when bought on sale but for regular wear there are better options.
post #21909 of 38832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post

how is it tough to justify the 3x the price when they look like 10x better?

Tough one to swallow at $450. If they go on sale for more than 25% off I'm all over that shit.
post #21910 of 38832
I really love TB oxfords for wearing as dress shirts, with my suit or something similarly bizz. BoO is strictly casual for me, way to short to tuck.

Actually, I'd feel fine if all my shirts were 1/2 TB, 1/2 BoO. Would satisfy my needs sufficiently
post #21911 of 38832
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

I really love TB oxfords for wearing as dress shirts, with my suit or something similarly bizz. BoO is strictly casual for me, way to short to tuck.
Actually, I'd feel fine if all my shirts were 1/2 TB, 1/2 BoO. Would satisfy my needs sufficiently

Thats why you get TB shortened
post #21912 of 38832
Quote:
Originally Posted by bows1 View Post

Thats why you get TB shortened

Yea but then I'd have to take care of the waist flair too, right? Plus, the hem/shirt tails of TB shirts aren't quite as attractive as BoO's, dunno if those could be altered easily
post #21913 of 38832
http://www.parkandbond.com/product/84968198

I remember seeing Kunk's fit a few days ago. awesome looking jacket. Not sure if XL would be too large though
post #21914 of 38832

I buy both TB and BoO, I think I bought about 10 TBs and 12 BoO's this season. I find TBs to be tougher and of higher quality, though BoOs are great too. BoOs are much shorter, which is great for smaller guys such as myself. TBs are longer, yet, with bigger collar, and shorter sleeves. I normally wear BoOs untucked without blazer and TBs tucked with blazer. They fill different roles, and I'd say you can't go wrong with either brand.

post #21915 of 38832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphataru View Post

I buy both TB and BoO, I think I bought about 10 TBs and 12 BoO's this season. I find TBs to be tougher and of higher quality, though BoOs are great too. BoOs are much shorter, which is great for smaller guys such as myself. TBs are longer, yet, with bigger collar, and shorter sleeves. I normally wear BoOs untucked without blazer and TBs tucked with blazer. They fill different roles, and I'd say you can't go wrong with either brand.

jesus, 22?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?