or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How many miles did you run today?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many miles did you run today? - Page 600

post #8986 of 10718

Another quick 1.5 miles this morning

post #8987 of 10718

That is some visible stripping....did you happen to buy it online?

post #8988 of 10718
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post

This morning, in the dark, 5 miles. Saw a rabbit, a deer, a cat, and a group of runners. Not sure which startled me the most!
Man! This reflective stripping stuff really works!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarwick View Post

That is some visible stripping....did you happen to buy it online?

Agreed. I have some striping that doesn't seem nearly as visible as that. Where is that from?
post #8989 of 10718
The reflective striping is on the "Ultimate Visibility Top" which is made by Sport Hill. http://www.sporthill.com/products2011.php?ProductGroup=1520

I purchased my top from LL Bean which carries their products. Besides being a great garment for running in dark conditions, it is a great wind blocker, also--as advertised. Very comfortable to wear. The inside has a thin, reverse fleece.


post #8990 of 10718
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post

The reflective striping is on the "Ultimate Visibility Top" which is made by Sport Hill. http://www.sporthill.com/products2011.php?ProductGroup=1520

I purchased my top from LL Bean which carries their products. Besides being a great garment for running in dark conditions, it is a great wind blocker, also--as advertised. Very comfortable to wear. The inside has a thin, reverse fleece.

Damn! I was looking at those yesterday and almost bought one but changed my mind and decided not to and yesterday was the last day of their 20% off of their high visibility outdoor gear.
post #8991 of 10718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner View Post

Damn! I was looking at those yesterday and almost bought one but changed my mind and decided not to and yesterday was the last day of their 20% off of their high visibility outdoor gear.

I used my LL Bean points and purchased a new headlamp: NO MORE SPILLS ON THE HARD SIDEWALK WHEN RUNNING IN THE DARK
post #8992 of 10718
3.5 "miles" on the elliptical this morning. I'm going to stick to the machine for the rest of the week.
post #8993 of 10718
4.8 miles this morning. I wanted to get in about 2 more but I got a late start because my daughter woke up coughing about 5:00 a.m. and I wanted to wait until I knew she was back to sleep before I left. It was my first run since the marathon and my legs felt terrific. I wanted to run yesterday morning but my flight got in so late on Monday that I decided to just sleep in as late as I could instead.
post #8994 of 10718
0 miles today. Taking 2 full weeks off from running to let the legs recover. Its been a long year of racing and training and they need a break. Will get back into it around Vets Day and then ease back into things. Just over 1600 miles for the year so far as of end of Oct. and been racing / training for almost 1 year straight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

3.5 "miles" on the elliptical this morning. I'm going to stick to the machine for the rest of the week.

Was it you that is running NYC marathon? A few days off at the end of the training cycle before the race will not hurt you at all to rest an injury or illness. I took an extra day for the marathon and 2 extra days for the ultra during the taper periods and saw no ill effects. McMillian's quote is pretty good. "Being the fittest spectator at the race sucks". Get healthy.
post #8995 of 10718
7 miles this evening in the Hokas.
post #8996 of 10718
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingin' it View Post

0 miles today. Taking 2 full weeks off from running to let the legs recover. Its been a long year of racing and training and they need a break. Will get back into it around Vets Day and then ease back into things. Just over 1600 miles for the year so far as of end of Oct. and been racing / training for almost 1 year straight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

3.5 "miles" on the elliptical this morning. I'm going to stick to the machine for the rest of the week.

Was it you that is running NYC marathon? A few days off at the end of the training cycle before the race will not hurt you at all to rest an injury or illness. I took an extra day for the marathon and 2 extra days for the ultra during the taper periods and saw no ill effects. McMillian's quote is pretty good. "Being the fittest spectator at the race sucks". Get healthy.

That's a big year! Yes, I'm running NYC on Sunday. Not planning to run. Running, dammit. biggrin.gif
post #8997 of 10718

I don't know the actual that how many miles i have to run to keep me healthy but usually i run 3/4 miles per day.

 

Thanks

Farabi

post #8998 of 10718

1.5 miles this morning

post #8999 of 10718

Got in 6 miles last night.  It is two loops on my neighborhood roads.  Decided to throw in some intervals after reading about them yesterday and the positive effects.  Since this was my first set I did 4x1 min each lap.  So 1 min ON, 1 min OFF.  Felt good!  The only issue was that all my intervals started on the uphills.  

 

As I work in longer intervals I will have to adjust my run logistics to stay away from the busier street that I usually have to stop at.  I will work my way up to 5x4min and 4x12min just need to figure out if you do 12 on 12 off or less rest is taken.  My only history with speedier runs were fartleks where I would just do 30-45sec bursts every 5 min.

post #9000 of 10718
3 miles earlier to go pick up a candle for the Jack-O-Lantern at RiteAid...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How many miles did you run today?