or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How many miles did you run today?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many miles did you run today? - Page 584

post #8746 of 10382
In Chicago, it was 80 degrees at 6:30 am. Humidity must be near 100%. Ran 5 miles near the lake. It is supposed to hit 97 degrees this afternoon.
post #8747 of 10382
^
Been living w that for several weeks / months here around KC too. Just banking on the cooler weather in fall to help drop overall times.
post #8748 of 10382
I was out at 5:00 a.m. for 13.8 miles. I didn't plan to run quite that far but soon after stepping off the battery in my headlamp died and I was running in an unfamiliar neighborhood and couldn't read the street names and ended up making a fateful turn into what seemed to be a never ending series of very long dead end streets.

It was close to 80º when I started this morning and very very humid. Yesterday on my way to work I had to wear a sweater and jacket and tweed hat (of course, I drive a Jeep and never have doors or a roof on it, but it was still much colder yesterday).
post #8749 of 10382
.1

Injured myself on Sunday's 19-miler. This is not good.
post #8750 of 10382
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarwick View Post

Got out for my last trail run (7.25 miles) until surgery in 2 weeks which will keep me from running until December.  Debating on signing up for an Ultra next year but do not know what to get myself into.  My fiancee said a destination in the states is fine by her so debating what 50M, 100K , and 100M races would be fun to get out and run.

I'd love to do one of the bigger 100M races but may start with a 50M to see how it goes.  

Jbarwick: What ultras have you run before and what type of terrain are you used to? There are quite a few ultras in the states of many lengths. Not sure how familiar you with them all or if you have some in mind as it is a vacation. Most of them are in winter (south), spring (everywhere) and fall (everywhere). If you are out of commission until Dec., a spring run may be tough to train for in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

.1

Injured myself on Sunday's 19-miler. This is not good.

Yikes SB, what happened. I'm in my taper for 2 weeks and have missed 2 workouts now due to being sick, but should be back in business tomorrow. How back are you hurt?
post #8751 of 10382
Early morning run in Chicago. Still, the heat, humidity, and air pollution were dreadful. I ran 4 miles, and I earned every inch. Can't complain about the venue: the Lake, great architecture, greeting dozens of other early morning runners. One block from where I am staying is this surprise--a little bit of Byzantium in the Windy City.

post #8752 of 10382
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

.1

Injured myself on Sunday's 19-miler. This is not good.

Sorry to hear. Take care of yourself.
post #8753 of 10382
What happened, SB?
post #8754 of 10382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner View Post

I was out at 5:00 a.m. for 13.8 miles. I didn't plan to run quite that far but soon after stepping off the battery in my headlamp died and I was running in an unfamiliar neighborhood and couldn't read the street names and ended up making a fateful turn into what seemed to be a never ending series of very long dead end streets.

You should have worn your "Under the Lights", free, blinking-blue bracelet from Saturday's game. smile.gif
post #8755 of 10382
Pain in the area of my plantaris tendon. It even makes a little pop sometimes. Headed to the doctor today. frown.gif
post #8756 of 10382
What did he/she say?
post #8757 of 10382
Let me just hop in my time machine... biggrin.gif Appointment is in a couple of hours.
post #8758 of 10382
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingin' it View Post


Jbarwick: What ultras have you run before and what type of terrain are you used to? There are quite a few ultras in the states of many lengths. Not sure how familiar you with them all or if you have some in mind as it is a vacation. Most of them are in winter (south), spring (everywhere) and fall (everywhere). If you are out of commission until Dec., a spring run may be tough to train for in time.

 

I would train for something next late summer/early fall.  I have not run any ultras before but feel a 50K would not be much of a challenge unless it was up the side of one of the Rocky's and back down.  Previous marathon was a flat one with a 7:45/mi pace and 3:22 overall time.  I am current in Nashville and train on both streets and trails.  I have a good 7.25 mile trail loop I run without any troubles with gain/loss to be roughly 1900 ft.  This has helped me judge my water intake for that distance and how I feel based on multiple loops.  It has also helped in judging what is runnable vs what should be taken at a brisk hike as longer ultras will require hiking up the steep stuff.  Most of my runs are based on feel and a little on distance.  

 

But yesterday I was able to get out for a quick 3 miles.  I was just stretching my legs and flushing out some tired feelings.  Won't get much more in before my surgery but it happens.  Last time I had this surgery I came back to 2 miles being tough but was able to ramp up pretty good and quick without injury.  

post #8759 of 10382
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post

You should have worn your "Under the Lights", free, blinking-blue bracelet from Saturday's game. smile.gif

It might have been useful and enough light if I had the other 115,108 fans attendees with me.
post #8760 of 10382
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Let me just hop in my time machine... biggrin.gif Appointment is in a couple of hours.

Ah, oh, and I thougth headed to the doctor was past tense... smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How many miles did you run today?