or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How many miles did you run today?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many miles did you run today? - Page 462

post #6916 of 10214
5 miles around noon followed by a light workout.
post #6917 of 10214
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Plus a souvenir from SC (I was stupid and tied my laces around my ankles for a beach run) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
5d2f558a.jpg
Rob, sorry about that, but, man, I'm trying to enjoy my blackberry cobbler. eek.gif
post #6918 of 10214
I spent the last two weeks in beautiful West Michigan. Nearly everyday, I ran by this cozy, quaint light house.





And now, I am home. In "Lake Wobegon".
post #6919 of 10214
Started running again after taking several months off due to knee issues and am pleased to report that they feel great. To celebrate, I bought a Garmin and am blown away by it. For people who like to geek out over stats, this thing is a dream come true. I can't believe it took me so long to pick one up.
post #6920 of 10214
Yeah they are impressive, which one did you buy?

I have the 610 and I was happy with it until I realized it didn't make me run faster frown.gif
post #6921 of 10214
5 mile race in central park yesterday. 30:07 in brutal humidity, like going swimming.
post #6922 of 10214
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

Yeah they are impressive, which one did you buy?

I have the 610 and I was happy with it until I realized it didn't make me run faster frown.gif

I bought the 610. It might not make me faster initially but being able to see my progress should be motivating. I like obsessing over numbers.
post #6923 of 10214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazy View Post

I bought the 610. It might not make me faster initially but being able to see my progress should be motivating. I like obsessing over numbers.

I have a 410 and I love it - great for pretty graphs etc but inavluable as a logging tool that lets you see progression over a training program if you use the heart rate monitor function as well as GPS
post #6924 of 10214
This morning, 5.5 miles. 51 degrees, blue sky, moon still shining. Man, this is living.
post #6925 of 10214
3.07 @ 26:39

Fist time running three straight in a while!

For those of you running with a phone and/or music player: how do you carry the device?

Anyone using mapmyrun?

My gloomy route

aefd775c-b123-74bf.jpg
Edited by CalTex - 8/6/12 at 5:00am
post #6926 of 10214
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post

This morning, 5.5 miles. 51 degrees, blue sky, moon still shining. Man, this is living.

drool.gif

Where do you live?
post #6927 of 10214
10k in about 50 minutes. Felt good to get back out smile.gif
post #6928 of 10214
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

3.07 @ 26:39
Fist time running three straight in a while!
For those of you running with a phone and/or music player: how do you carry the device?
Anyone using mapmyrun?

I run with an iPhone, right pocket of my running shorts when I run shirtless, and I have a sleeveless vest where it goes in a zip pocket when its not so warm. I use mapmyrun as well, the app can be wonky at times (yesterday my 5.75 miler registered as 9 miles, according to the ap, my first 3 miles were at a 2 min per pace). Its Annoying if you're running in a strange place, but since I knew the route, i just kept it on for the time). If I'm at all concerned about the ap, I'll just map it on the web.
post #6929 of 10214
What type of shorts are you running in? My shorts have a small pocket that I can stuff the phone in, but it's a pain to take out while running.

I am considering switching from 7" to 5" shorts, it may be purely psychological but I feel hot in the 7" shorts and I find myself pulling them up while running. Anyone notice a difference?

Do you run with music?

Do you guys prefer shorts with boxer brief or brief liners?
post #6930 of 10214
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

What type of shorts are you running in? My shorts have a small pocket that I can stuff the phone in, but it's a pain to take out while running.
I am considering switching from 7" to 5" shorts, it may be purely psychological but I feel hot in the 7" shorts and I find myself pulling them up while running. Anyone notice a difference?
Do you run with music?
Do you guys prefer shorts with boxer brief or brief liners?

Mine are 7" I think, pockets do tend to drop with the iPhone in em, but that's no big deal to me...always have music on and always run in the Nike or underarmor compression shorts.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How many miles did you run today?