or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How many miles did you run today?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many miles did you run today? - Page 457

post #6841 of 10448
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

5 this morning in the mountains above Lake Tahoe. Waited until 10 am, and it was warm (for me, accustomed to San Francisco cool) and there was no oxygen!
Mas (Click to show)



SB, you're so much braver than I am. I'm such a city boy, every time I'm away I never trail run as I'm always paranoid some of the local wildlife would have you reading about me on cnn. I'd run through the crummiest neighborhoods of the deep south in a heartbeat though...will be running Richmond,VA on Wednesday and Charleston, SC on Thursday, hope to have some cool shots. If there's a cloudy/cool day I may run Savannah also.

Loving the pics gets.
post #6842 of 10448
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

5 this morning in the mountains above Lake Tahoe. Waited until 10 am, and it was warm (for me, accustomed to San Francisco cool) and there was no oxygen!

Beautiful. Are you up there for vacation?

I was there for a bachelor weekend for my friend who's getting married in a couple of weeks. We rented a powerboat on Saturday which was so much more fun than I could have anticipated. While out on the lake, we dropped anchor in a bay and I jumped in the lake. I thought my heart had stopped. I've never been in colder water. Needless to say, I got right back out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

SB, you're so much braver than I am. I'm such a city boy, every time I'm away I never trail run as I'm always paranoid some of the local wildlife would have you reading about me on cnn. I'd run through the crummiest neighborhoods of the deep south in a heartbeat though...will be running Richmond,VA on Wednesday and Charleston, SC on Thursday, hope to have some cool shots. If there's a cloudy/cool day I may run Savannah also.

Loving the pics gets.

These are well established hiking/biking trails in broad daylight. I didn't see anything except ants.
post #6843 of 10448
18 late saturday night into Sunday morning, I paced a friend from miles 70-88 of the Vermont 100, before her second pacer kicked in. That was the sickest shit I have ever seen a person do to themselves.
post #6844 of 10448
What was her finishing time?

EDIT: One of the guys I hung out with this weekend told me about this: http://www.hoodtocoast.com/ Seems like fun. Well, maybe fun isn't the word...
post #6845 of 10448
^ SB, If you're a social runner and get out near GGP, we should go for a run sometime.
post #6846 of 10448
A gentle 2 1/2 on Sunday with my little brother at home in Wales which is always fun then 4 today
post #6847 of 10448
A slow but easy 5 miles today. My foot made it just fine, thank goodness.
post #6848 of 10448
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

What was her finishing time?
EDIT: One of the guys I hung out with this weekend told me about this: http://www.hoodtocoast.com/ Seems like fun. Well, maybe fun isn't the word...

She finished in just under 26 hours. It was brutal--dry heaving, crying, etc. etc.

For me, 9.5 @ 8:30/mile. I ran with a friend and had to slow a bit for her, but a nice humid run.
post #6849 of 10448
4.5 miles this morning. Even though it was hot, humid, sticky, and even buggy, I had a great run. I guess that is why we run. Leaving, today, for two weeks literally in the forest on Lake Michigan. Looking forward to some scenic runs.
post #6850 of 10448
Back at the track this morning for another 400 session, this time 8 x 400, I started out way too fast for my first one and paid dearly for it, but by the fourth interval I was getting my times back down. Finished pretty well, not as fast as the last time but close enough and not bad given the weekend and extra times around the track.
post #6851 of 10448
10 K early this morning. just before the 5 k mark, it started ouring rain and I ran back in a heavy thunderstorm.
post #6852 of 10448
12 in bad heat. 8:15/mile, slower than I wished.
post #6853 of 10448
5 1/2 for me - hot and humid here
post #6854 of 10448
6.4 this morning. I pushed myself a bit too hard and had to stop for a minute about .5 from the end.
post #6855 of 10448
Easy 5.5
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How many miles did you run today?