or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How many miles did you run today?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many miles did you run today? - Page 397

post #5941 of 10353
Saturday a.m., ran for about 45 minutes on the snow covered shoreline of Lake Huron in northern Michigan. The wind chill was about 10 degrees, but the vista (blue sky!) was spectacular.
post #5942 of 10353
12 miles on dead legs. Marathon's on Saturday and I'll be resting up for it. Fighting a cold and numerous other issues.
post #5943 of 10353
Did 4.25 miles pushing 105 lbs of weight...ooofa. Last time I ran with my kids in the jogging stroller was the summer, I gotta stop feeding them!
post #5944 of 10353
Saw Quevola today before an 8k we both ran. Very Cool.
12 for the day -
2.5 up
8k in 28:46 (3rd age group/3rd team)
4.5 down.
I am super happy with today's race. Ran 80 miles for the week, and was able to push it today.
Boston here i come!
post #5945 of 10353
^^ Yay.

6 miles
post #5946 of 10353
Damn, Sam!

10 late this morning. Tried to keep a consistent pace, then I put the hammer (such as it is) down for the last mile, about 8% faster than the rest of the run. Felt great. The half-marathon distance seems within reach for the first time.
post #5947 of 10353
Great job Sam! Great seeing you out there this morning. Awesome race and week of running. You are going to rock Boston. Hopefully I'll toe the line in Hopkinton one day.

I came in at 35:22 in my 8k this morning. That's a 4 minute pr for that course.

Thomas: Enjoy the taper.
post #5948 of 10353
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif for the PR!
post #5949 of 10353
Quote:
Originally Posted by samblackbones View Post

Saw Quevola today before an 8k we both ran. Very Cool.
12 for the day -
2.5 up
8k in 28:46 (3rd age group/3rd team)
4.5 down.
I am super happy with today's race. Ran 80 miles for the week, and was able to push it today.
Boston here i come!

HOLY COW. Nice going!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Damn, Sam!
10 late this morning. Tried to keep a consistent pace, then I put the hammer (such as it is) down for the last mile, about 8% faster than the rest of the run. Felt great. The half-marathon distance seems within reach for the first time.

Awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quevola View Post

Great job Sam! Great seeing you out there this morning. Awesome race and week of running. You are going to rock Boston. Hopefully I'll toe the line in Hopkinton one day.
I came in at 35:22 in my 8k this morning. That's a 4 minute pr for that course.
Thomas: Enjoy the taper.

I remember when we ran somewhat similar times. Those days are in the past now. Nice going!

...

It finally hit me last night that I've gone into overtraining. So, it's not just a taper but a full-on recovery. I doubt I'll run a step between now and Saturday, which should be fine.
post #5950 of 10353
4 miles today. Long break from running for me. I did run up the empire state bldg a little while back. Up next is Coogan's 5K this weekend. Should be interesting.
post #5951 of 10353
Quote:
Originally Posted by about11oclock View Post

4 miles today. Long break from running for me. I did run up the empire state bldg a little while back. Up next is Coogan's 5K this weekend. Should be interesting.

tis is a hilly course... I too shall be runnin whit da irish on sat.
post #5952 of 10353
Got in 16.57 milesin Hariman Park on Saturday on about 3 inches of snow. Was challenging to say the least considering the trail markers were white... Ran it in 3:34:09. Got in a quick 3.68 in 25:48 this monring that sort of acted as a recovery run.
post #5953 of 10353
11ish tonight + Core.
Ran on the treadmill. I felt bad for the people around me at the gym as my stomach was causing some problems. Very embarrassing when there are beautiful women around. Oh well - still put in a good effort and after 70 minutes on the treadmill most people have come and gone.
The treadmill is the only place I run with music, and I just tell myself "run for 16 songs" - works pretty well.
post #5954 of 10353
Got in 4.89 miles in 34:01 over the Queensboro Bridge this morning. Left leg is not feelin 100%, may go get some PT later this week.
post #5955 of 10353
6 miles
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How many miles did you run today?