or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How many miles did you run today?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many miles did you run today? - Page 373

post #5581 of 10805
8 miles on the treadmill tonight.
post #5582 of 10805
I just signed up to run the Vancouver marathon in May. Going to start training Sunday with 8 miles. I haven't ran a mile since I last finished a race in 2010. This is going to be fun...
post #5583 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazy View Post

I just signed up to run the Vancouver marathon in May. Going to start training Sunday with 8 miles. I haven't ran a mile since I last finished a race in 2010. This is going to be fun...

Congratulations and good luck! Train wisely and race smart to avoid a death march in the last few miles.

I have a half marathon tomorrow. I hope to be able to use my time to help me calculate appropriate training paces for my marathon in June.
post #5584 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazy View Post

I just signed up to run the Vancouver marathon in May. Going to start training Sunday with 8 miles. I haven't ran a mile since I last finished a race in 2010. This is going to be fun...

I'll be there too...just for the 1/2 though. No ability and no patience to train for the full. ffffuuuu.gif
post #5585 of 10805
13.14 (according to garmin) in 1:40:05. I was shooting for a sub 1:40 but this unexpected 1/4 of a mile hill at mile 12 got me off pace. Not a pr, but still my second fastest half ever.
post #5586 of 10805
60 degrees, could have run 60 miles, but did just about 6.
e7f6f2e5.jpg
post #5587 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatlese View Post

I'll be there too...just for the 1/2 though. No ability and no patience to train for the full. ffffuuuu.gif

Have you joined any running clinics or are you training on your own?
post #5588 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazy View Post

Have you joined any running clinics or are you training on your own?

Just on my lonesome. I considered the Running Room clinics, but couldn't work around some conflicts. I can do the distance right now just through slow, painful brute force, but definitely need to work on a number of things before May.
post #5589 of 10805
6 miles tonight in 39:45.
63 miles for the week smile.gif
post #5590 of 10805
5k this morning... After a lazy December I need to ramp up for the San Diego R&R Marathon in June! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #5591 of 10805
6 miles
post #5592 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatlese View Post

Just on my lonesome. I considered the Running Room clinics, but couldn't work around some conflicts. I can do the distance right now just through slow, painful brute force, but definitely need to work on a number of things before May.

Right on. I joined a running room clinic just because I know I won't train otherwise. The running room sunday morning runs are open to anyone who wants to join so you've still got that option if you want to train with a group once and a while. You'll be paired up with people who are also running the half.
post #5593 of 10805
6 miles this morning. I was forced to take a two-day rest because of a strenuous workout Thursday night that left me painfully sore, too sore to run. I felt better today, and ran well.
Edited by JayJay - 1/8/12 at 2:37pm
post #5594 of 10805
7 miles through the Sunset Park Waterfront today.
20dd986a.jpg
post #5595 of 10805
haven't been running much lately but made it out for 4.5 miles today. I've never really run longer than 5 miles...that seems to be my limit lately. Need to find a way to break through as I'd like to get up to a regular 6-8 mile run.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › How many miles did you run today?