or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page - Page 229

post #3421 of 3614

I was also hoping to pick up a pair of the new pants but went ahead and ordered the jacket because I need it quickly. Can I still use the BELLASPALLA code when the pants become available?

post #3422 of 3614
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmullen View Post
 

I was also hoping to pick up a pair of the new pants but went ahead and ordered the jacket because I need it quickly. Can I still use the BELLASPALLA code when the pants become available?


I believe the pants were delayed and won't be available until sometime in September.

post #3423 of 3614
^^^???

They were summer (hopsack) pants, I thought. It would a be a shame if they came after the season....

Ben, is this true?

@eHaberdasher
post #3424 of 3614

I asked about trousers when I got my pre-order email, and was told they are hoping to have them listed online sometime today (Thurs)

post #3425 of 3614
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post

I received my notification, thanks. Wanted to add a pair of the new pants to my order. Will they be available soon?

Now on the site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmullen View Post

I was also hoping to pick up a pair of the new pants but went ahead and ordered the jacket because I need it quickly. Can I still use the BELLASPALLA code when the pants become available?

Yes you may!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudonihm View Post


I believe the pants were delayed and won't be available until sometime in September.

Sorry for the confusion - the midnight hopsack will hopefully be in production next month - for some reason they did not go in with this batch contrary to what I thought we had communicated to the factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebichuman View Post

^^^???

They were summer (hopsack) pants, I thought. It would a be a shame if they came after the season....

Ben, is this true?

@eHaberdasher

You can shop for them now by clicking here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdepuit View Post

I asked about trousers when I got my pre-order email, and was told they are hoping to have them listed online sometime today (Thurs)

Indeed - just went live - sorry for the delay!
post #3426 of 3614
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post

Now on the site!
Perfect, thanks. Ordered the gray fresco and horn buttons.

Just hope I'm the same size of pants after I get back from vacation. Haha
post #3427 of 3614
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post

Perfect, thanks. Ordered the gray fresco and horn buttons.

Just hope I'm the same size of pants after I get back from vacation. Haha

Real horn buttons really make a huge impact especially when replacing those plastic logo branded buttons. Gone are the fashion dept store looks.
post #3428 of 3614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riva View Post

Real horn buttons really make a huge impact especially when replacing those plastic logo branded buttons. Gone are the fashion dept store looks.

This is my first switchout! Liked the versatility of being able to wear blue jackets with black shoes/ties/belts, but I think this particular jacket will probably only be worn with brown shoes, anyways.
Edited by scatterbrain - 8/12/16 at 1:58pm
post #3429 of 3614
Ben @eHaberdasher, I emailed Colleen several days ago asking when the Bella Spalla jackets might be online. I am talking about the stuff in the current MTO but not yet spoken for - I picked up my pre-ordered jacket but I wanted to pick up another. I hope there your ordered a few extras. I haven't heard back so I am trying you on here... Thanks
post #3430 of 3614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebichuman View Post

Ben @eHaberdasher, I emailed Colleen several days ago asking when the Bella Spalla jackets might be online. I am talking about the stuff in the current MTO but not yet spoken for - I picked up my pre-ordered jacket but I wanted to pick up another. I hope there your ordered a few extras. I haven't heard back so I am trying you on here... Thanks

Don't you try to get that indigo... there's only room for one in our vicinity! (...kidding)

If it's the shepard's check, I completely understand and support your decision...
post #3431 of 3614
devil.gif

Actually, I wanted a peek at the indigo, the check and a brown one... I'll coordinate with you so we don't wear indigo on the same day, if I end up with one ;P
post #3432 of 3614

@Ebichuman, my jacket is on its way to me. I can PM you after I get it tailored (which I expect to be asap when I get back), and you can see it in person if that would help you make up your mind... 

post #3433 of 3614
Thanks, it'll be good to see it in real life. However, I am afraid my enthusiasm just waned... I came home to my navy hopsack jacket waiting for me (from the latest MTO). I put it on and.... It is a three button jacket. Not 3-2.5 roll. The lapels are pressed so they end right ABOVE the top button.

Dang. Looks wrong.

I compared it to another 3-2.5 jacket I have and the top button in Bella Spalla seems to sit a bit higher and the spacing between buttons is a bit larger. If I try to repress the lapels, the top button will end up on the underside, like a hard 3-2 jacket would have. But the buttons are not finished for that and I am not sure repressing is the right approach anyway.

Thoughts anyone?

Ben - what happened?!
@eHaberdasher
post #3434 of 3614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebichuman View Post

Thanks, it'll be good to see it in real life. However, I am afraid my enthusiasm just waned... I came home to my navy hopsack jacket waiting for me (from the latest MTO). I put it on and.... It is a three button jacket. Not 3-2.5 roll. The lapels are pressed so they end right ABOVE the top button.

Dang. Looks wrong.

I compared it to another 3-2.5 jacket I have and the top button in Bella Spalla seems to sit a bit higher and the spacing between buttons is a bit larger. If I try to repress the lapels, the top button will end up on the underside, like a hard 3-2 jacket would have. But the buttons are not finished for that and I am not sure repressing is the right approach anyway.

Thoughts anyone?

Ben - what happened?!
@eHaberdasher

Uh oh. 

 

There's a thread here, that seems to indicate some variance in where the 3-roll-2 actually rolls... http://www.styleforum.net/t/102576/educate-me-on-3-roll-2-coats/0_60 

 

Pic looks kind of like a 3-roll 2.5. Does yours look like this, or HARD 3?

post #3435 of 3614
It's closer to a simple three button jacket, unfortunately. That's how the lapels are shaped/pressed right now. You can see it in the picture you provided: the lapel button is pressed so it ends just above the top button and so is the other lapel: you can see the crease on it, it looks like a shadow but it is the actual crease. On the jacket in picture, the top button is unbuttoned which gives appearance of maybe 3-2.5 roll but it's misleading, it is still a three button jacket with the top button open. The issue is that the lapel roll doesn't extend below the top button, depriving the jacket of the curved lapel look that is usually common with 3-2.5 roll.

I wonder if other who received the latest MTO experienced the same issue. And of course, I am eager to hear from Ben...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page