or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page - Page 193

post #2881 of 3614
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewinderX View Post
 

Received my first eHaberdasher purchase just before the holidays and finally got a chance to actually put it on and check the fit. It's a touch tight through the gut, but I think that's more of a personal post-holiday-without-working-out problem than an issue with the jacket -- I'm pretty sure a size up (from 39/40R to 41/42R) would be too much. Any thoughts? Should I be worried about the tightness now while I can still return it?

 

...

I like the fabric. 

 

I think it looks fine from the front - a touch tight, but nothing to worry about. 

 

But from the back, I think it looks too small.  There's pulling along pretty much the entire centre seam. The vents are also gaping.

 

So I would suggest sizing up and seeing if that works better.

post #2882 of 3614
It's way too tight, but I'm afraid sizing up would cause the shoulders to be too big. I run into this same issue all the time. My gut is a 42 but my shoulders are a 40 haha
post #2883 of 3614

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm not particularly worried about the vents, as I have a fairly large rear end haha. Double vented is much better than a single vent for me! I guess my main hold up is that right now I'm about 5 lbs over my normal weight (although probably about 15 over what I should be haha)... I'm trying to decide if I think it'll ease up a bit more when I get back down to my walking size. It's tough because I absolutely love the fabric (look, feel, everything) and it's not available any more from the site, so I don't think I really have the option of sizing up. It's either this one or none :/

post #2884 of 3614
Are the pre order jackets returnable?
post #2885 of 3614
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewinderX View Post

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm not particularly worried about the vents, as I have a fairly large rear end haha. Double vented is much better than a single vent for me! I guess my main hold up is that right now I'm about 5 lbs over my normal weight (although probably about 15 over what I should be haha)... I'm trying to decide if I think it'll ease up a bit more when I get back down to my walking size. It's tough because I absolutely love the fabric (look, feel, everything) and it's not available any more from the site, so I don't think I really have the option of sizing up. It's either this one or none :/

It does look tight. When do you anticipate getting back to normal weight, and more importantly, do you have any other jackets or suit jackets that normally fit you well but also fit similarly to the new jacket you're modeling? If so, then it's likely your tailor can make slight adjustments to make it work for you. If not, you may need to return it.

If you prefer to contact me directly to further discuss you can email me at ben@ehaberdasher.com.
post #2886 of 3614
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

Are the pre order jackets returnable?

Yes, everything is returnable, but hopefully you won't be ordering a crazy size otherwise I may have to reconsider... by the way I'm closing out the made to orders tonight and submitting to Italy tomorrow.
post #2887 of 3614
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post

Yes, everything is returnable, but hopefully you won't be ordering a crazy size otherwise I may have to reconsider... by the way I'm closing out the made to orders tonight and submitting to Italy tomorrow.

Thanks for your prompt response. No I'm a 41/42R, so nothing crazy!
post #2888 of 3614
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post


Yes, everything is returnable, but hopefully you won't be ordering a crazy size otherwise I may have to reconsider... by the way I'm closing out the made to orders tonight and submitting to Italy tomorrow.

 

Are they only available via pre-order or will there be stock?

post #2889 of 3614
Just ordered the tan. Looks like a great fabric icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #2890 of 3614
Ben - I just wanted to chime in that I think this is a fantastic deal. Unfortunately, the materials don't work for me down here in Florida. I hope this proves successful enough that you come around with something similar for summer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post

Benjamin Bella Spalla pre-orders are up. $160 down then another $165 due in 8-10 weeks when they're ready to ship. The pure cashmere and the silk/cashmere are $200 down then $195 due when ready to deliver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post

Yes, everything is returnable, but hopefully you won't be ordering a crazy size otherwise I may have to reconsider... by the way I'm closing out the made to orders tonight and submitting to Italy tomorrow.
post #2891 of 3614
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

Are they only available via pre-order or will there be stock?

There will be a few, depending on how much fabric is left, but the prices will be slightly higher than the pre-order prices (roughly 10%)
post #2892 of 3614
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

Ben - I just wanted to chime in that I think this is a fantastic deal. Unfortunately, the materials don't work for me down here in Florida. I hope this proves successful enough that you come around with something similar for summer!

Thanks for the kind message. Assuming my visa gets approved to stay on in London for another 2 years I definitely plan to offer spring/summer. Right now I'm without passport for the next 6-8 weeks, but assuming all goes well I'll be headed back to Italy in late February to grab more fabrics for spring/summer and offer on the site by early March around the time the current pre-orders will have already been received so that we can get more feedback if needed moving forward.
post #2893 of 3614
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post

Thanks for the kind message. Assuming my visa gets approved to stay on in London for another 2 years I definitely plan to offer spring/summer. Right now I'm without passport for the next 6-8 weeks, but assuming all goes well I'll be headed back to Italy in late February to grab more fabrics for spring/summer and offer on the site by early March around the time the current pre-orders will have already been received so that we can get more feedback if needed moving forward.

To heck with the jackets, I'm just plain jealous of your work (and, yes, I know it probably reads more glamorous than it is in the trenches, but still... sigh!)
post #2894 of 3614
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

To heck with the jackets, I'm just plain jealous of your work (and, yes, I know it probably reads more glamorous than it is in the trenches, but still... sigh!)

I'll be honest here: I've got three kids ages 12, 13 and 15, two mortgages to pay (thankfully with good tenants, which wasn't always the case), haven't funded retirement in YEARS, zero savings, haven't funded college education for the kids, work about 60 hours a week, and just barely paying the bills. And yet I consider myself extremely blessed because there's food on the table, I enjoy what I do (for the most part), get to see my wife and kids more than probably 95% of working dads, and yes - get to shop, see, feel and touch great cloth and clothing 24/7 365 days a year... I'm not monetarily wealthy, but rich in the ways that are much more important! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

But yes - far from glamorous. Constant production issues. Poor cash flow. And remember I deal with Italians on a regular basis - in other words I'm always getting screwed on deals in one way or another. ALWAYS. "e normale"
post #2895 of 3614
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post

I'm not monetarily wealthy, but rich in the ways that are much more important! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Congrats + bravo!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post

But yes - far from glamorous. Constant production issues. Poor cash flow. And remember I deal with Italians on a regular basis - in other words I'm always getting screwed on deals in one way or another. ALWAYS. "e normale"
And I'm still jealous!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page