or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page - Page 144

post #2146 of 2204
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsbebc View Post

@kmdsimpson nice beefy lapels, I like. Trousers are way too slim to ever fit me but looks like they suit your frame.

It's interesting you point those two things out, because I'd forgotten about them. The lapels are the "usual" size for the Italian suits I like; I suppose they look a little wide because the suit is slim. I'm personally not a fan of narrow lapels and don't own any suits with them. The pants are slim. When I first received the suit, I almost returned it because I wasn't sure if the pants would work. But my tailor said not to worry, and it turns out that they are designed so that the leg is slim, but the waist and seat are very comfortable after being let out just a touch.

Another interesting feature is the shoulders. The shoulder overlaps the seam about a quarter inch. No one notices it, but it makes for a great shoulder silhouette.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


This is definitely not a suit that I would recommend as someone's first or only business suit. I would go with the Benjamin for that purpose. But I'm currently in a place where European style is in and I can get away with wearing this. There are some suits that have something interesting about them that make them special and fun to wear.
post #2147 of 2204
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post

Yeah personally I love the fit and quality as well - admittedly the 10cm lapels are just SLIGHTLY bigger than I prefer, but the 38R fits me to a T without any alterations at all. We're still sitting on a bunch of them - will probably have to mark down even further. I'll be on the hunt again next week as I'm headed back to Napoli... wish me luck!

I love the Riviera cut as well. Very high quality, great fabric, and full canvas. I tried to purchase two of them myself, one in grey herringbone (41R) and the other in grey plaid (42/43R) but unfortunately both were too short. If they were in long sizes (i.e. 31"+ from the bottom of the collar) then they would have been keepers!

Definitely looking forward to more Benjamin sport coats and suits as well bc to me they are the best bang for your buck compared to anything else on your site.

Looking forward to seeing what you bring back from Napoli!
post #2148 of 2204

Hi ben, great store. I sent you a pm, pls get back to me  :)!

post #2149 of 2204
Sorry if this have been covered before, but what is the jacket waist measurement on the Classico II 38R? Ditto for the 36R. Trying to gauge the drop.

I'm shooting for a fit similar to the J Crew ludlow 38S. Judging from the shoulder measurements it seems that 36R is a better match than 38S/R. Anyone have any advice on this front?
post #2150 of 2204
Ben,

I wanted to see if you were still planning on making some sport coats in the swatch below? I absolutely love this fabric and have been waiting on it ever since you posted the picture. If you are, PLEASE make one in a 41/42L!

post #2151 of 2204

Ben,

 

I'm looking for a 39/40R Classico II in the Dark Navy color. I can't seem to find it except for grey or charcoal. Are you expecting these sizes to arrive soon?

 

 

Thanks!

post #2152 of 2204
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

I tried to take a selfie of this awesome suit I bought from Ben. It's a Caruso that he steered me to, and I think it looks great. Better in person than in the pic.

Caruso suit
Benjamin shirt
Cheap tie

BTW, this is a 3-button suit. But it rolls so nicely, you can't tell!


Looks fantastic! Hey what do the lapels measure across? 9cm?
post #2153 of 2204
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastvillager View Post

Sorry if this have been covered before, but what is the jacket waist measurement on the Classico II 38R? Ditto for the 36R. Trying to gauge the drop.

I'm shooting for a fit similar to the J Crew ludlow 38S. Judging from the shoulder measurements it seems that 36R is a better match than 38S/R. Anyone have any advice on this front?

The waist of a 38 jacket is about 38" (19" across), and for the 36 jacket is about 36" (18" across). Hope that helps!
post #2154 of 2204
Quote:
Originally Posted by dls160 View Post

Definitely looking forward to more Benjamin sport coats and suits as well bc to me they are the best bang for your buck compared to anything else on your site.

Looking forward to seeing what you bring back from Napoli!

Trust me - it has been difficult working with the factories to cooperate. Frustrating to no end - I want more Benjamin suits and sport coats for you guys more than anybody else!

Just got back from Italy late last night - exhausted as I've been sick for 2 weeks straight. On the way in the next several weeks:

  • Caruso & Maco suits
  • Marco Pescarolo trousers
  • Various sweaters
  • Benjamin Ties
  • PT01 trousers

In addition, next week we should finally have Lardini suits, Stile Latino suits and jackets, and then shortly after new Battisti ties and pochettes, and I'm sure I'm forgetting to list one or two other things...
post #2155 of 2204
Quote:
Originally Posted by dls160 View Post

Ben,

I wanted to see if you were still planning on making some sport coats in the swatch below? I absolutely love this fabric and have been waiting on it ever since you posted the picture. If you are, PLEASE make one in a 41/42L!


Forgot about that one... will have to ask the factory to look for it - I reserved it over two years ago I wonder if it's still there!
post #2156 of 2204
Quote:
Originally Posted by roge89 View Post

Ben,

I'm looking for a 39/40R Classico II in the Dark Navy color. I can't seem to find it except for grey or charcoal. Are you expecting these sizes to arrive soon?


Thanks!

Sorry you might be out of luck for the time being... there's a few guys waiting on this size/color and we are still waiting on the factory for the new samples to finalize for the next production so we are a few months out at best before restocking... We are getting a little more backstock though in the charcoal and medium grey in that size and others...
post #2157 of 2204
New arrivals: Stile Latino suits (150's, 180's, 200's), jackets (bunch of cashmere) and Lardini suits (fabric from Loro Piana, Zegna etc.). Check it out!
post #2158 of 2204
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post


Forgot about that one... will have to ask the factory to look for it - I reserved it over two years ago I wonder if it's still there!


I will definitely get one if you ever make a SC out of it.

post #2159 of 2204

Any plans to do a navy hopsack or nailhead blazer, three patch pockets? 

post #2160 of 2204
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post

Any plans to do a navy hopsack or nailhead blazer, three patch pockets? 

I have (or at least had) tons of fabrics that I had reserved/set aside for the past two years... I didn't realize production issues would be so difficult and frustrating. So while the short answer is YES, there are plans, the follow-up of WHEN is still uncertain. frown.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page