or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page - Page 140

post #2086 of 2250

I'm a long-time lurker of Styleforum, but this is my first post. I first wanted to thank the community for informing me of great options for quality clothing like eHaberdasher and suits from Benjamin. I recently purchased a navy Classico II and, like others, believe it to be a fantastic suit for the money. I have always struggled to find clothes that fit properly due to my size (5'9", 130 pounds) - even with alterations - and am pleased to report that the Classico in 34R is great for thin gents like myself. It is currently at the tailor for minor alterations (hemming, shortening the sleeves, and letting out the waist a bit), but I'll post some fit pics next week if anyone is interested. I am thrilled with the suit and hope to order more from Ben over the coming months and years.

post #2087 of 2250
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

All of your Benjamin sportcoats are listed as fall/winter weight. Amongst the items you are working on, any year round or 3 seasons weights coming?

And to clarify, is this jacke jacket or this jacketj truly colder weather?

Thanks

 

I wore my jacket (black/white/orange/red check - pics posted earlier in the thread) today. It is moderately warmer than a regular wool jacket. I expect to be able to wear it through the first 2/3 of spring until the temperature consistently reaches the mid-high teens. I feel like the one I have is made more seasonal based on the appearance of the fabric than the actual weight of the jacket. To me it's a bit more of a winter jacket.

 

I got 5 more complements on the jacket today including one from the best dressed guy at the firm.

 

Assuming I get good news soon, I'm going to buy this:nodding: 

post #2088 of 2250
Those new Lardini sport coats are a steal. I have one of their unconstructed sport coats, and it is good quality and has an outstanding fit. These guys know how to do unlined sport coats right. Starting at $300, plus with working buttons, they are a real nice value.

While I'm here, I've long thought that the neckties Ben sells under the Benjamin brand are one of the biggest bargains on his site. (Well, maybe after the suits). For $25 or $40, they are an amazing value. I've purchased a few, and I don't think I've seen any ties under $100 that I would prefer over these (I mean, other than the <$100 ties Ben himself sells, that retail for ~$200-$300). You guys should jump on these before they're gone (since I already have mine...) Actually, Ben, I hope you get fabric to make more ties in the future.
Edited by kmdsimpson - 3/22/14 at 7:11am
post #2089 of 2250
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

Those new Lardini sport coats are a steal. I have one of their unconstructed sport coats, and it is good quality and has an outstanding fit. These guys know how to do unlined sport coats right. Starting at $300, plus with working buttons, they are a real nice value.

While I'm here, I've long thought that the neckties Ben sells under the Benjamin brand are one of the biggest bargains on his site. (Well, maybe after the suits). For $25 or $40, they are an amazing value. I've purchased a few, and I don't think I've seen any ties under $100 that I would prefer over these (I mean, other than the <$100 ties Ben himself sells, that retail for ~$200-$300). You guys should jump on these before they're gone (since I already have mine...) Actually, Ben, I hope you get fabric to make more ties in the future.

Re: Lardini jackets ... spot blown. frown.gif
post #2090 of 2250
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisfits View Post

Re: Lardini jackets ... spot blown. frown.gif

Sort of how you were kind of a jerk and posted that guy's comment to your blog? The guy who asked you not to? Wait, that was worse than this actually.
post #2091 of 2250
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisfits View Post

Re: Lardini jackets ... spot blown. frown.gif

Well, he did send out an email announcing Lardini as new arrivals, so I didn't regard it as a secret.

But also, I'd like eHaberdasher to do well. Not only is Ben a true gentleman, but he sells great stuff. The more success he has selling his inventory, the more great things he will continue finding for us. I see it as good for everyone.
post #2092 of 2250
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

Sort of how you were kind of a jerk and posted that guy's comment to your blog? The guy who asked you not to? Wait, that was worse than this actually.

Yeah, about that? It was an accident.

On my phone's Tumblr app, the question got cut off at the "<" in "<$20", so I didn't see his tip AND I didn't see he asked me not to reveal it until after it was posted. I deleted the post as soon as I saw what happened, and I sent him an apology note. Total accident. I try not to be a jerk.

You're welcome to corroborate my story with him. User name is productoftheinternet.
post #2093 of 2250
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

Well, he did send out an email announcing Lardini as new arrivals, so I didn't regard it as a secret.

But also, I'd like eHaberdasher to do well. Not only is Ben a true gentleman, but he sells great stuff. The more success he has selling his inventory, the more great things he will continue finding for us. I see it as good for everyone.

Not everyone's on the email list ....

And I was totally kidding. I want Ben to succeed, too.

I was pretty happy to see some of the Lardinis have sleeves with attached, non-functional buttons. The functional cuffs aren't fun to deal with if you need sleeves shortened.
Edited by thisfits - 3/23/14 at 12:53am
post #2094 of 2250
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisfits View Post

Not everyone's on the email list ....

And I was totally kidding. I want Ben to succeed, too.

I was pretty happy to see some of the Lardinis have sleeves with attached, non-functional buttons. The functional cuffs aren't fun to deal with if you need sleeves shortened.

Yeah, I realized that later.

They do leave some room to shorten the sleeves, but I can see that they might not work for everybody. I'm fortunate to have "standard" length arms, so I didn't really think about that.

You and I agree - they are great jackets.
post #2095 of 2250

So I just found out about ehaberdasher and have a few questions. Is the location in NJ a store where you can try on the suits? Also what slim fit suits would you recommend that would fit an athletic 5'7 build about 165-170 pounds with broad shoulders & upper chest, very small waist (29-30 inch) and thick thighs and calves? Thanks in advance for the help.

post #2096 of 2250

Any idea on when the half-canvassed Benjamin suits are happening?


Edited by scatterbrain - 3/28/14 at 5:16pm
post #2097 of 2250
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post
 

Any idea on when the half-canvassed Benjamin suits are happening?

 

Actually I'm waiting for a spring themed Benjamin sportcoats that are unpadded and unlined (or half). That'd be awesome.

post #2098 of 2250

Ben,

 

I recently ordered a pair of classico II trousers and found them to be significantly tighter (in both the seat and legs) than the prior cut - did you change the model significantly?

post #2099 of 2250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post

So I just found out about ehaberdasher and have a few questions. Is the location in NJ a store where you can try on the suits? Also what slim fit suits would you recommend that would fit an athletic 5'7 build about 165-170 pounds with broad shoulders & upper chest, very small waist (29-30 inch) and thick thighs and calves? Thanks in advance for the help.

Sorry I have been traveling back and forth, and will be traveling again tomorrow (Amsterdam with the wife and kids for a few days!)

The NJ location is only a commercial office/warehouse - not a store. That being said the tailor across the street hangs a few of our garments - if you email service@ehaberdasher.com they can make sure what you're interested is there waiting for you at the tailor and you can set up a day/time with the tailor to swing by. He's a great guy - old school Italian named Lee (short for Pasquale - which he hates). Based on your size/height are you about a 42S (just a guess)? For most of the Benjamin suits we can swap out the trousers for a smaller size - if you have thick thighs/calves you might fare best with 32's and have the waist nipped a bit - certainly better than 35/36" waist trousers that normally come with that size.
post #2100 of 2250
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post

Any idea on when the half-canvassed Benjamin suits are happening?

Time... need more time. At this point don't hold your breath - I am still more focused on the Sartorial (fully canvassed) line...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page