or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page - Page 138

post #2056 of 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

Ben,

Is this the Napoli suit that you are wearing in these pictures? I know I've asked before about your stock of 40R in this model, but I got distracted.. and actually, I see something else on your site I like, too. But still curious...

That's the Napoli, which is shorter than the Classico by a smidge. I am modifying the Napoli also, though. Probably narrowing the shoulder by 1cm and also the sleeves a bit as well. Only one Napoli suit left in a 37/38S, although I have to check with Colleen to see if there are a few more hanging around that aren't on the site... still interested in the 50R?
post #2057 of 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post

That's the Napoli, which is shorter than the Classico by a smidge. I am modifying the Napoli also, though. Probably narrowing the shoulder by 1cm and also the sleeves a bit as well. Only one Napoli suit left in a 37/38S, although I have to check with Colleen to see if there are a few more hanging around that aren't on the site... still interested in the 50R?

Thanks, Ben. I'll shoot you an email.
post #2058 of 2200
In the market for a solid navy suit. 90% sure I'll buy the Benjamin. I'll probably decide in the next week or two. Perhaps it's been answered before, but is it a fairly structured garment or does it have softer shoulders, etc.? In the absence of a great deal on eBay for a Corneliani or Samuelsohn or something along those lines, it seems like a slam dunk purchase to me. Super 140s does seem a bit high to me, but I'm sure with the frequency that I'll wear it, it'll hold up.
post #2059 of 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossrockss View Post

In the market for a solid navy suit. 90% sure I'll buy the Benjamin. I'll probably decide in the next week or two. Perhaps it's been answered before, but is it a fairly structured garment or does it have softer shoulders, etc.? In the absence of a great deal on eBay for a Corneliani or Samuelsohn or something along those lines, it seems like a slam dunk purchase to me. Super 140s does seem a bit high to me, but I'm sure with the frequency that I'll wear it, it'll hold up.

There is some padding; but it's pretty light such that I'd definitely say it's on the softer side of things. Yeah, don't even think twice about it; it's a great suit for the money.
post #2060 of 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post

I will not be doing any cotton suits this spring... sorry...

 

If you ever do, I think you'll want to leave the sleeves buttons uninstalled as fake buttonholes always leave some marks on cotton when removed. We'd rather hem and finish them ourselves.

post #2061 of 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossrockss View Post

In the market for a solid navy suit. 90% sure I'll buy the Benjamin. I'll probably decide in the next week or two. Perhaps it's been answered before, but is it a fairly structured garment or does it have softer shoulders, etc.? In the absence of a great deal on eBay for a Corneliani or Samuelsohn or something along those lines, it seems like a slam dunk purchase to me. Super 140s does seem a bit high to me, but I'm sure with the frequency that I'll wear it, it'll hold up.


I mentioned before in another thread that I buy suits every other week as a hobby just to check out what's in the market. I haven't found a better OTR deal given the full canvas, complete features, comfort, construction, and fabric quality than the Benjamins for under $1k (inc discounted MSRP $1600 suits). Actually stuff like flower loop isn't even present in my far more expensive suits like Isaia. The cut does need some small tweaking but that's different for everyone. I was a bit concerned as well regarding the high Super but as the Benjamins are now my most worn suits, I don't see them breaking down faster than my other suits and I'm real picky about that. Actually going back to comparison with Isaia, there are little details like stitching position inside the pockets which to me doesn't make sense. Or stitching that won't hold up a few uses so I had to get my tailor reinforced so I far prefer Sartorio than Isaia. My Corneliani is Super 130 but the overall construction feels softer with the Benjamin. Wearing the Benjamins the first time I was immediately reminded of the same feeling with my Brioni.

 

As a consideration, Corneliani Trend 34 fits me perfect but the size is inbetween Benjamin 34 and 36.

post #2062 of 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post

In light of the fact that we have lots of stuff on our UK site that we don't have on our US site, we are going to make a few shipments of stuff in the next week... and taking requests! We would ship requested items over to the US then have them on our US site for you. Feel free to post/respond and/or email service@ehaberdasher.co.uk - please provide links AND product numbers! Prices will for the most part be equivalent to what you see on our US site - if you have any questions on specific items please feel free to email us service@ehaberdasher.co.uk.

Cheers,

Ben

www.ehaberdasher.co.uk

http://www.ehaberdasher.co.uk/servlet/the-411/Caruso-Sport-Coat-cln--39R-fdsh-40R/Detail

Too bad you don't have this in a long size bc it would already be in my closet. 30.25" is too short for my 6'1" frame. Shopping for suits and sport coats is the only time I wish I was a few inches shorter. It seems like the higher end brands (Caruso, Sartorio Napoli, Sartoria Partenopea, etc.) hardly ever make any pieces in long sizes. Sorry for the rant but it gets a little frustrating at times.
post #2063 of 2200
Ok I am convinced. Ordering now
post #2064 of 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post


That's the Napoli, which is shorter than the Classico by a smidge. I am modifying the Napoli also, though. Probably narrowing the shoulder by 1cm and also the sleeves a bit as well. 

It's a good new. When will you unleash the modified Napoli suit?

post #2065 of 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by azumi View Post

It's a good new. When will you unleash the modified Napoli suit?

I'll first do a test order. Not sure if I will put them for sale depending on how they come out this time around, but will keep you guys posted.
post #2066 of 2200
Long time lurker here. I am looking for a navy suit in 34S and see that you guys have one. The blazer measurements look perfect for me so far but the one thing is the 28 waist for the accompanying trousers. I have a 29 waist and was wondering if it is possible to get a 30 trouser or would the 28 waist still have enough fabric to be let out or would I have to up size on the whole suit?
post #2067 of 2200

Ben, since you already post detailed measurements for jackets, would it be too much trouble to add an approximate lapel width measurement :) ?

post #2068 of 2200

Ben, When are you expecting new Benjamin suits to come in?

post #2069 of 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega250 View Post

Long time lurker here. I am looking for a navy suit in 34S and see that you guys have one. The blazer measurements look perfect for me so far but the one thing is the 28 waist for the accompanying trousers. I have a 29 waist and was wondering if it is possible to get a 30 trouser or would the 28 waist still have enough fabric to be let out or would I have to up size on the whole suit?

 

I'm having the same exact problem. It would be very nice if we can choose the size of the trouser when ordering a suit seeing that it's considerably more costly for separates.

post #2070 of 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post


That's the Napoli, which is shorter than the Classico by a smidge. I am modifying the Napoli also, though. Probably narrowing the shoulder by 1cm and also the sleeves a bit as well. Only one Napoli suit left in a 37/38S, although I have to check with Colleen to see if there are a few more hanging around that aren't on the site... still interested in the 50R?

 

I'd narrow it by at least 2 cm then it'd be perfect for me on the 36S. The sleeves should be narrowed as well.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page