or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page - Page 116

post #1726 of 2254
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem12387 View Post

Sorry, but just to clear up something, since the existing Classico fits me perfectly: The classico 2 will keep the same measurements for shoulder and LO, yes? And the napoli will offer different measurements than the classico for each?

Classico II is going to pretty much be like the original Classico - just tightened up the collar even more so hopefully eliminating any issues with collar gap for those who had a problem with that in the past.

I haven't gathered enough data on the Napoli yet, but a few guys are returning them for being too snug - particularly in the mid-section of the jacket but also the trousers... 1 out of every 5 are being returned at this point, so I may have to tweak the model a bit more. No one has complained about the shoulders being too wide though (at least not yet).
post #1727 of 2254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Monium View Post

Just snagged one of the Saks cashmere coats in 46/48r. It's tough to find a good selection in larger sizes, so I wasn't about to turn this one down. Looking forward to it since this is my first order from Ben & Co. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Cool. Hopefully you sized down as those Saks coats do run very full. There are only a handful left - we originally had 180 of them IIRC!
post #1728 of 2254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrk200 View Post

I'll add another vote for a 42/43L Navy Napoli with a 19.5" shoulder. I have a similar body type as you, just a slightly larger waist. 6'2" with 19.5-19.75" shoulders, 42" chest and 34" waist.

Have you tried the 43L/44L Classico? I won't be making a 42/43, sorry to say... at least not off the rack.
post #1729 of 2254
Sounds great, re classico's. Looking forward to trying napoli sportcoats once that happens.
post #1730 of 2254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus357 View Post

I need some help with shirt sizing.

I'm normally a 15.5" x 35" in Brooks Brothers Slim shirting.  I've taken some measurements off that shirt, and I'm still not sure even a 16" Benjamin Sartorial shirt will fit.  Most of the measurements seem close, except for the shoulder.  The shoulder on the 16" Benjamin shirt is still 0.25' to 0.5" short of the BB slim depending on where I measure it from.

Now, I'm a skinny guy.  RLBL is the only suit off the rack that fits me well, but I'm not sure I'll be able to fit into these shirts.

Anyone have any experience with the fit?  Are they as overly slim as the measurements make them out to be?

The shoulders of the shirt are meant to hit a little bit higher up. I'll try to dig up pics I took of myself in a shirt so you can see. If you've ever worn Mastai Ferretti it is the same manufacturer (SAITT).
post #1731 of 2254
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post

The shoulders of the shirt are meant to hit a little bit higher up. I'll try to dig up pics I took of myself in a shirt so you can see. If you've ever worn Mastai Ferretti it is the same manufacturer (SAITT).

FYI I'm wearing a 15.5/39. I'm 5'10" 160 lbs.

Pics of Benjamin shirt fit


http://www.styleforum.net/g/i/298030/a/327018/b115-3-jpg/

http://www.styleforum.net/g/i/298032/a/327018/b115-2-jpg/

http://www.styleforum.net/g/i/298031/a/327018/b115-4-jpg/
post #1732 of 2254

It true you are only stocking the trim fit (B115) going forward?  I was looking at the medium fit (B102) but Colleen mentioned you will not be restocking these?

post #1733 of 2254
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsbebc View Post

It true you are only stocking the trim fit (B115) going forward?  I was looking at the medium fit (B102) but Colleen mentioned you will not be restocking these?

Yes this is true. The trim fit is in line with the silhouette of the Benjamin suits - the B102 is a very full fit (Amercian full fit).
post #1734 of 2254
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post


Yes this is true. The trim fit is in line with the silhouette of the Benjamin suits - the B102 is a very full fit (Amercian full fit).

 

I'm curious about figuring out the sleeve length on the Benjamin shirts.  How does one correspond the measurements listed to normal 33/34/35 sleeve length sizes?  Say for a 16.5 neck?

post #1735 of 2254

What's the latest ETA for more Benjamin suits?

 

Are you planning to restock charcoal in all sizes?  I'm in a wedding coming up in early November that I need a 41/42L suit for.

post #1736 of 2254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroaker View Post

I'm curious about figuring out the sleeve length on the Benjamin shirts.  How does one correspond the measurements listed to normal 33/34/35 sleeve length sizes?  Say for a 16.5 neck?

I take a 16.5 neck and a 34.5 sleeve, and the sleeve length on the benjamins I have works just fine. (Except the one end-on-end I got which was shorter overall than the others. Sleeve was a little short. There's a prior post about it and I think archibald said he had the same experience. Ben said something about checking on that fabric.)
post #1737 of 2254
So, this is my maiden wear of my benjamin suit, which fits very well. However, it has very quickly (into the morning, it didn't have it on the hanger) developed this bump on the shoulder? Any ideas? I'll head off to my tailor ASAP to try to figure it out with him, but thought I'd ask here also. Thanks

post #1738 of 2254
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem12387 View Post

So, this is my maiden wear of my benjamin suit, which fits very well. However, it has very quickly (into the morning, it didn't have it on the hanger) developed this bump on the shoulder? Any ideas? I'll head off to my tailor ASAP to try to figure it out with him, but thought I'd ask here also. Thanks


The suit looks good! I'd take it out slightly along the sides, but that's it. I don't see anything wrong with the shoulder.
post #1739 of 2254
Alright, the issue is more obvious in this photo. Thanks much

post #1740 of 2254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroaker View Post

I'm curious about figuring out the sleeve length on the Benjamin shirts.  How does one correspond the measurements listed to normal 33/34/35 sleeve length sizes?  Say for a 16.5 neck?

Email service@ehaberdasher.com and Colleen ought to be able to let you know exact full sleeve measurement (rather than the shoulder point to point and sleeve from shoulder measurements already provided on the site). I imagine it's roughly 35"+ or so for size 16.5, but she can confirm. If you have a specific shirt in mind you may want to provide the link to that exact shirt and she will measure that one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page