or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page - Page 110

post #1636 of 2200
I can't compare, but PRL jackets are a solid staple.

Shoulders are soft and if it has all the details you are after, should make a good addition to your wardrobe
post #1637 of 2200

Love my Barba Napoli Gold label shirts from eHaberdasher.  The real thing, hand-set sleeves and collar, all shanked buttons, a real luxury piece.  Keep sourcing gems like this, and grail standards are always welcome (but so hard to come by).

post #1638 of 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimitable View Post

Yes, it's mis labelled. It's not RLBL, nor is it made by Caruso.

Its Polo Ralph Lauren and made by Corneliani. Half canvassed as opposed to fully. Probably fairly soft shoulder. Would depend on the exact model. Nice though...

Actually I believe it is Caruso made, based on the manufacture tag inside inner chest pocket, along with the fact that we bought a whole bunch of Caruso made garments in this particular lot (Caruso, Lanvin, Smalto, Dior, RLBL, RLPL, etc.). Usually PRL is made by Corneliani, but this one is an anomaly. Regardless it is indeed a classic jacket - and a great buy/value!
post #1639 of 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post

Thank you for this info. I'm in the market for a Navy Blazer that is well constructed and has silver buttons instead of brass. I'm a bit worried about the fit, though. My Benjamin Suit Jacket in 38R fits me perfectly. Any comparison on the fit?

If the Benjamin 38R fits you, this PRL blazer is going to be just slightly fuller and slightly shorter, but could probably be tailored to fit.
post #1640 of 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDeKelver View Post

Love my Barba Napoli Gold label shirts from eHaberdasher.  The real thing, hand-set sleeves and collar, all shanked buttons, a real luxury piece.  Keep sourcing gems like this, and grail standards are always welcome (but so hard to come by).

Those shirts are the best. Amazing fabric and so much hand work... we have a bunch of them here in the UK and I'm surprised more haven't sold. It has indeed been more challenging getting the creme de la creme from Italy recently, but we're still on the hunt and will dig up some more!
post #1641 of 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post

Actually I believe it is Caruso made, based on the manufacture tag inside inner chest pocket, along with the fact that we bought a whole bunch of Caruso made garments in this particular lot (Caruso, Lanvin, Smalto, Dior, RLBL, RLPL, etc.). Usually PRL is made by Corneliani, but this one is an anomaly. Regardless it is indeed a classic jacket - and a great buy/value!

Id be interested to see a photo of the tag
post #1642 of 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimitable View Post

Id be interested to see a photo of the tag

I'll get Colleen to take the photo when she gets into the office later this morning EST... will post as soon as she does.
post #1643 of 2200
Here you go... the PRL navy blazer inside tag

post #1644 of 2200
Istand corrected then, that is indeed a caruso tag.

Nice jacket, hope the OP goes for it.
post #1645 of 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimitable View Post

Istand corrected then, that is indeed a caruso tag.

Nice jacket, hope the OP goes for it.

No worries - you are right in that most every other PRL Made in Italy is made by Corneliani... Caruso, Corneliani... they're both good!
post #1646 of 2200
The 41/42L Benjamin suit comes with 36" pants. Is it possible to take those down to a true waist size of 33"?
post #1647 of 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem12387 View Post

The 41/42L Benjamin suit comes with 36" pants. Is it possible to take those down to a true waist size of 33"?

I presume you're referring to the medium grey since that's the only one left (besides the tux)? I'm quite certain it should be OK. These trousers run pretty slim to begin with. Otherwise we do hope to be restocked with odd trousers in 8-10 weeks with the correct matching medium grey fabric and we would be able to make the switch for you.
post #1648 of 2200
Yep, that's the one. One other question, do you have the measurements available for a benjamin 40L jacket? I assume these will come back into stock at some point. I ask because the 18.4" shoulder is on the verge of too big for me.
post #1649 of 2200
Question about the Scala model tuxedos: I'm one of the guys for whom the collar gap issue on the Granoro was a problem. I haven't had a chance to try the Classico, but I understand that the collar was tweaked a bit and that the Scala is a similar model. Do you think the Scala should work, or if I had a problem with the Granoro, should I expect one with the Scala too.
post #1650 of 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem12387 View Post

Yep, that's the one. One other question, do you have the measurements available for a benjamin 40L jacket? I assume these will come back into stock at some point. I ask because the 18.4" shoulder is on the verge of too big for me.

39L/40L:

JACKET DETAILS/MEASUREMENTS:

Color: Solid charcoal gray
Fabric: 100% Super 140's Wool
Weight: Year round
Model: Slimmer 2-Button Classico model with notch lapels
Buttons: Genuine Corozo
Outer pockets: Welt chest & 2 flapped besom
Interior pockets: 5 including 2 chest "passport pockets", pen pocket, and lower ticket pockets
Lining: Full
Vents: 2
Sleeve buttons: Unattached - can be made functional by your tailor
Chest: 43"
Shoulders: 17.85"
Sleeve length: 27"
Length from bottom of collar: 30.75"

TROUSER DETAILS/MEASUREMENTS:

Pleats: None (Flat Front)
Closure: Zip fly & triple button tab and clip
Waist details: Split V-back, inner curtained waistband, belt keeper loop
Pockets: Front off seam, fob, and button welt back pockets
Lining: To knee
Trouser waist: 34"
Hem Inseam: 38" Unfinished
Rise: 10.75"
Leg width at bottom: 8.1"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page