or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page - Page 88

post #1306 of 2243

Just received a Benjamin suit for my brother, who is the same size, so I tried it on and am really impressed. Shoulders are stronger than I'd like for myself but it is an incredible value at $525.

post #1307 of 2243
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

Just received a Benjamin suit for my brother, who is the same size, so I tried it on and am really impressed. Shoulders are stronger than I'd like for myself but it is an incredible value at $525.

Nice - glad to hear it!

If you like more of a natural shoulder you'll like the new Napoli model coming out in a few months...
post #1308 of 2243

Just received my first suit from ehaberdasher.com - a 41L/42L Classico in medium grey.  The trousers fit great, as does the jacket - with the exception that it is a bit tight across the chest.  The shoulder width is fine, the collar is fine, the vent/seat is OK, so I am guessing that it is cut too narrowly for my back/chest.  Before I send this back with tremendous disappointment, can anyone let me know if it's possible to adequately let out the sides in this particular jacket?  I'm guessing i need up to 1" additional "room".

 

I plan on going to a local tailor in Portland, OR, but having never used them before, I'm afraid they'll say "Sure, we can fix that", and permanently screw it up.  So I'd rather get feedback and opinions from the objective ones here.  Maybe even Ben(?).

 

TIA.

post #1309 of 2243
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrude View Post

Just received my first suit from ehaberdasher.com - a 41L/42L Classico in medium grey.  The trousers fit great, as does the jacket - with the exception that it is a bit tight across the chest.  The shoulder width is fine, the collar is fine, the vent/seat is OK, so I am guessing that it is cut too narrowly for my back/chest.  Before I send this back with tremendous disappointment, can anyone let me know if it's possible to adequately let out the sides in this particular jacket?  I'm guessing i need up to 1" additional "room".

I plan on going to a local tailor in Portland, OR, but having never used them before, I'm afraid they'll say "Sure, we can fix that", and permanently screw it up.  So I'd rather get feedback and opinions from the objective ones here.  Maybe even Ben(?).

TIA.

I believe I just PM'ed you back... I generally don't recommend messing much with the chest, but the sides in the midsection can certainly be let out...
post #1310 of 2243
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post


I believe I just PM'ed you back... I generally don't recommend messing much with the chest, but the sides in the midsection can certainly be let out...

 

Got it!

 

Thanks,

post #1311 of 2243

If anyone needs flannel pents the Marco Pescarolos are beautiful. They are really slim and I have to send one pair back but the medium greys are going straight to the tailor!

 

Ben, is there any chance that you will get more Riviera jackets in 38s?


Edited by EMartNJ - 12/28/12 at 9:32am
post #1312 of 2243
EMart - show photos of the pants smile.gif
post #1313 of 2243

I'm no great photographer but here goes.

 

 

 

700

 

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

700700

post #1314 of 2243
What is the fit on the tuxedos like? I see it is called the "Scala" model? How does this compare to the other models?

I also see that it mentions soft tailoring--are the shoulders on it less structured than the other models?

Edit: Side note--looks like the measurements for the 39/40R tux are wrong--it says measurements for coat length from bottom of collar are 25.75". No way that is correct.
Edited by aravenel - 12/30/12 at 9:13am
post #1315 of 2243
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

What is the fit on the tuxedos like? I see it is called the "Scala" model? How does this compare to the other models?
I also see that it mentions soft tailoring--are the shoulders on it less structured than the other models?
Edit: Side note--looks like the measurements for the 39/40R tux are wrong--it says measurements for coat length from bottom of collar are 25.75". No way that is correct.

Thanks for pointing that out - I'll have that fixed asap...

Fit is pretty much like the Classico model - same with the shoulders - pretty much the same.

Hope that helps!
post #1316 of 2243
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

What is the fit on the tuxedos like? I see it is called the "Scala" model? How does this compare to the other models?
I also see that it mentions soft tailoring--are the shoulders on it less structured than the other models?
Edit: Side note--looks like the measurements for the 39/40R tux are wrong--it says measurements for coat length from bottom of collar are 25.75". No way that is correct.

BOC length is 29.25"... sorry for the confusion and thanks for pointing that out!
post #1317 of 2243
Thanks!
post #1318 of 2243
Any news on when you might start selling from the UK?
post #1319 of 2243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikias View Post

Any news on when you might start selling from the UK?

Hopefully before the end of the month. We will have to start:

Suits: Tom Ford,
Sport jackets: Hackett, Tom Ford, Zegna, Artini, Pal Zileri, Gabardine, Stile Latino, Isaia Napoli
Trousers: Marco Pescarolo Napoli
Shirts: Barba Napoli, Tom Ford
Ties: Mattabisch Napoli, Corneliani, Battisti Napoli, Borrelli
Jumpers (sweaters to the rest of you): Battisti Napoli, Pal Zileri, Andrea Fenzi
Scarves: Battisti Napoli
Outerwear: Zegna, Tom Ford, Longhi, Borrelli
Shoes: Tom Ford
Socks: Isaia Napoli

I may be forgetting a few things...
post #1320 of 2243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikias View Post

Any news on when you might start selling from the UK?

 

It'll be ehaberdasher.co.uk?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page