or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page - Page 85

post #1261 of 2193
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post

The factory is having problems locating all the swatches, and I'm not sure which ones they have and which ones they don't have now! Also one of my fabric sources in Italy never shipped, so those are still in transit. Once I get everything organized I will try to post swatches. Maybe I'll just post a bunch of them anyway, and hopefully all will be found soon...

That sounds like a headache. But yes, it would be great if you post swatches.

By the way, random question -- just received my Classico back from the tailor. It's the first time I've tried this guy out, and I appreciated his attention to detail. I noticed that there were rubber grippers on the waistband of the trousers, and a bit of fabric tape at the hem. Were these included with the suit?
post #1262 of 2193
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisfits View Post

I noticed that there were rubber grippers on the waistband of the trousers, and a bit of fabric tape at the hem. Were these included with the suit?

I believe my trousers also came with those. Very handy.
post #1263 of 2193
I found Caruso fits softer than Canali, and they're generally cut slimmer.
post #1264 of 2193
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisfits View Post

That sounds like a headache. But yes, it would be great if you post swatches.
By the way, random question -- just received my Classico back from the tailor. It's the first time I've tried this guy out, and I appreciated his attention to detail. I noticed that there were rubber grippers on the waistband of the trousers, and a bit of fabric tape at the hem. Were these included with the suit?

Rubber grippers are indeed part of the construction of the trousers. Fabric tape for the hem is not - likely added by your tailor. Indeed it seems you have a tailor that pays attention to detail - nice of him to do this without you asking. Fabric tape at the hem is sometimes added to 1) add a bit of weight at the bottom to keep the drape of the trousers lying nicely, and 2) can help protect from wear/fraying of the inside cuff.
post #1265 of 2193
Quote:
Originally Posted by yywwyy View Post

I found Caruso fits softer than Canali, and they're generally cut slimmer.

Agreed, although as I probably mentioned before, Caruso has about a gazillion different models. That being said, 99% of them are generally cut slimmer than the average suit.
post #1266 of 2193
any black friday sales from ehaberdasher?

i'm looking at buying a bunch of stuff for the christmas list.
post #1267 of 2193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bings View Post

any black friday sales from ehaberdasher?
i'm looking at buying a bunch of stuff for the christmas list.

Sorry, we don't have any additional promo codes. We do have the free SF shipping code for orders over $150: SFFRSHIP.
post #1268 of 2193
By the way we FINALLY got in our second shipment of Classico basic suits (charcoal, navy and medium grey) and trousers.
post #1269 of 2193

I  tried a Suit Supply( Napoli style) in a 44r and was too tight in chest and thighs.

 6' 5" , 210LBS, 36 arms, 39 US waist.   44L in JAB.    Maybe a 45/46l in Classico model ?

 

TIA

post #1270 of 2193
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman View Post

I  tried a Suit Supply( Napoli style) in a 44r and was too tight in chest and thighs.
 6' 5" , 210LBS, 36 arms, 39 US waist.   44L in JAB.    Maybe a 45/46l in Classico model ?

TIA

Tough to say sounds like it could work - worth a try at the very least.

These Caruso suits may be good possibilities as well:

http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-12956/Caruso-Suit-cln--45L-fdsh-46L/Detail

http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-12953/Caruso-Suit-cln--45L-fdsh-46L/Detail
post #1271 of 2193
Quote:
Originally posted by eHaberdasher

In my opinion it is probably passable, but just a hair short for my personal tastes... how tall are you dls?

 

eHaberdasher,

 

I'm 6'2" which makes it hard to find quality sport coats and suits long enough.  That is why I've been really looking forward to your upcoming sport coats and suits in new patterns.  Thats unfortunate that they can't find the material that you sent them.  Sounds like they have a customer service and quality control issue.  As much as it hurt to do, I returned the Riviera Sport Coat because it was just too short.  At my height, and probably with anyone as tall or taller than me, the jacket needs to be at least 32" from the bottom of the collar.  It fit perfect in the shoulders, chest (love that high armhole cut), and waist.  Well I hope they find the material soon! 


Edited by dls160 - 11/25/12 at 1:07pm
post #1272 of 2193
Quote:
Originally Posted by dls160 View Post

eHaberdasher,

I'm 6'2" which makes it hard to find quality sport coats and suits long enough.  That is why I've been really looking forward to your upcoming sport coats and suits in new patterns.  Thats unfortunate that they can't find the material that you sent them.  Sounds like they have a customer service and quality control issue.  As much as it hurt to do, I returned the Riviera Sport Coat because it was just too short.  At my height, and probably with anyone as tall or taller than me, the jacket needs to be at least 32" from the bottom of the collar.  It fit perfect in the shoulders, chest (love that high armhole cut), and waist.  Well I hope they find the material soon! 

Yes at 6'2" I would imagine you'd always need a long vs. regular. Seeing the Riviera was helpful - I'm pretty sure you'd need the e52L in the new Benjamin jackets and not the 50L. I think you're going to like the Benjamin jackets - once they come out that is! I'm just tweaking the jacket a bit more, and will probably make a 2 button model also. Will also make some with flapped besom pockets too - not just patch pockets.

They've found most of the fabrics now, thankfully. They're organizing everything and almost ready for me to give the final OK on the model and then hopefully things will move forward from here!
post #1273 of 2193
By the way, Benjamin shirts (made by SAITT - maker of Mastai Ferretti et tal) are marked down to $60 and Benjamin ties (many with Zegna and some Tom Ford fabrics) are now only $25.
post #1274 of 2193
are the benjamin trousers hemmed? i noticed the new stock has a slightly shorter inseam. for instance, the 34 waist has a 35 inseam...which if unhemmed wont have enough fabric for me frown.gif
post #1275 of 2193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmanouk View Post

are the benjamin trousers hemmed? i noticed the new stock has a slightly shorter inseam. for instance, the 34 waist has a 35 inseam...which if unhemmed wont have enough fabric for me frown.gif

No, not hemmed... I'll have someone double check in the warehouse tomorrow and let you know.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page