or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page - Page 82

post #1216 of 2228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Caber View Post

Has anyone had issues with the cut of the Classico trousers? I found the Maestro pants (size 38) to be slightly too snug in the seat, but the legs were fine. I recently had to return a pair of size 40 Classicos because, while the seat was fine, they were FAR too tight in the thighs - even slimmer than my (size 38) J. Crew Ludlow trousers. Are they supposed to be so skinny, or did I get a mislabeled pair of pants?

I'll let others weigh in, but from our standpoint, while the Classico trousers are slim, we don't find them to be nearly as slim as some of the Italian brands like Borrelli or the European Incotex lines. I actually found the Maestro and Verdi to be too full cut for my personal tastes, but obviously not one model fits all.
post #1217 of 2228
Separate question: How many of you guys out there would be interested in a Benjamin 34R or 34S suit? I ask because I've received two inquires in the past month requesting this size. Even if you were one of the guys who asked, please weigh in so I can get a sense of demand...
post #1218 of 2228
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post

I'll let others weigh in, but from our standpoint, while the Classico trousers are slim, we don't find them to be nearly as slim as some of the Italian brands like Borrelli or the European Incotex lines. I actually found the Maestro and Verdi to be too full cut for my personal tastes, but obviously not one model fits all.

I likewise found the size 32 Classico trousers a bit too tight in the thighs, and so exchanged for a 34. I'm kind of a big-thighed guy, though.

I own a pair of Incotex trousers in 32, and offhand I'd say the Classicos seemed a touch slimmer in the thighs.
post #1219 of 2228
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisfits View Post

I likewise found the size 32 Classico trousers a bit too tight in the thighs, and so exchanged for a 34. I'm kind of a big-thighed guy, though.
I own a pair of Incotex trousers in 32, and offhand I'd say the Classicos seemed a touch slimmer in the thighs.

Thanks for weighing in. Are your Incotex that you're comparing to made for the US market (with US sizing) or European market/sizing? Benjamin Classico model is definitely slimmer than the Incotex US...
post #1220 of 2228
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post

I actually found the Maestro and Verdi to be too full cut for my personal tastes, but obviously not one model fits all.
So the Verdis are a fuller cut than the Classico? I wish I'd known that before I had two pairs of Maestros cut down from a 42 to a 38!

censored.gif
Edited by Mr. Caber - 10/27/12 at 12:13pm
post #1221 of 2228
Quote:
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher View Post

Thanks for weighing in. Are your Incotex that you're comparing to made for the US market (with US sizing) or European market/sizing? Benjamin Classico model is definitely slimmer than the Incotex US...

Picked then up on eBay so I'm not positive, but I think it's US market.
post #1222 of 2228

Would definitely be interested in a Benjamin 34S suit! I'm sure there other small guys out there interested as well.

You should seriously look into getting some pieces..

post #1223 of 2228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Caber View Post

So the Verdis are a fuller cut than the Classico? I wish I'd known that before I had two pairs of Maestros cut down from a 42 to a 38!
censored.gif

Sorry... yes indeed.
post #1224 of 2228

Having searched on Internet, I found that the working button sleeves is better. It gives an implication that we can afford a tailor made suit, but I still don't know why someone prefer to leave the first button undone?

Ben: Are your suits have sleeve button holes done? When I have the suit in my hand, the only thing I need to do is have the buttons sewn on the sleeves?

Thank you.

post #1225 of 2228
The sleeves are basted for a working button hole if you want to add one--but they do not come with one. You can have your tailor attach the buttons normally or add working buttonholes.

Working buttonholes are fine (I prefer them), but you *DO NOT* want them already cut on a jacket. If they are already there, you cannot adjust the sleeve length except from the top of the sleeve where it meets the shoulder--a very difficult and expensive alteration. If you see a coat that has already-cut working buttonholes, this almost always means that it is a poor quality coat trying to take advantage of a false indicator of quality.
post #1226 of 2228

Will there be any 39S/40S Charcoal Classico suits available in the near future?

post #1227 of 2228
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

The sleeves are basted for a working button hole if you want to add one--but they do not come with one. You can have your tailor attach the buttons normally or add working buttonholes.
Working buttonholes are fine (I prefer them), but you *DO NOT* want them already cut on a jacket. If they are already there, you cannot adjust the sleeve length except from the top of the sleeve where it meets the shoulder--a very difficult and expensive alteration. If you see a coat that has already-cut working buttonholes, this almost always means that it is a poor quality coat trying to take advantage of a false indicator of quality.

Correct - thanks for responding to the original inquiry!
post #1228 of 2228
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post

Will there be any 39S/40S Charcoal Classico suits available in the near future?

Near future... no, unfortunately. I think all we have is the navy. Probably at least a few months out for charcoal to come in.
post #1229 of 2228
Ok, question. I am 5'8", 39 inch chest, 32 inch waist with a shorter torso relative to my legs. Do you think I could get by with the 38S suit or should I get the 39R/40R and have the length taken up an inch? I can't wait for the 39S/40S charcoal to come into stock as I need this suit within 5 weeks.
post #1230 of 2228

bump

 

above question

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page