• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RL Black Label Photos

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There aren't many photos posted of members wearing Black Label, yet there is a lot of interest in the line. Here is a photo from a friend's wedding a few months back for those who're curious. Suit, shirt, and tie are all RLBL, from Fall '07. Feel free to critique (though lets avoid making this a "you should wear a tux to an evening wedding" thread)! If others would like to add their own photos, please do so.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan on RL Black Label, I have a few pieces and I'm picking up my first BL suit tomorrow from the tailor. I had them go with the surgeons cuffs since the sleeve is already prepared to accept them. It's a gray suit with a light chalk stripe. I'll post up pics eventually.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't see the exact details of the suit
frown.gif

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
black label off the rack fits me better than anything else i have tried on.

literasyme

Reaction score
I really like the armholes and the lapels, but am not wild about the buttons -- not the stance so much as their closeness to each other. The top button doesn't look like it's too low, but the distance between the two buttons seems too short, and that throws off the balance a bit for me. Is that just me?

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my black label suit fits me a little bit long in the jacket hem, but i like it. everything else seems to be perfect as well.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here are pics of my black label navy pinstripe (sleeves need shortening)

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Satort are those pictures all the same suit? The pinstripe is surprisingly muted. And you look really good in them.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
Satort are those pictures all the same suit? The pinstripe is surprisingly muted. And you look really good in them.

Yes indeed, all the same suit. The lighting is poor and I was shooting it myself (my wife was gone last night when I took these) so the quality isn't the greatest.

The subtleness of the pinstripe was a + in my opinion as I find its subdued nature to add interest, but still be versatile like a solid.

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting... your buttons appear to be further apart (vertically) than mine. Do you wear an R?

I wear an S. Maybe that's why mine are so close together?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads