or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Get Smart--- The Movie
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Get Smart--- The Movie - Page 2

post #16 of 47
its my opinion and my mom says i have a right to it!
post #17 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Saw Get Smart tonight. It was actually pretty good-- more than what I was expecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
I expected it to be good and funny. It was better than I expected, which is exactly what I said. You've never gone to a movie that you thought could be good or could be a complete flop?
your initial post sounded to me like you thought it would be 'okay.' when we went to see king of kong, i thought it would either be really good or really bad, so i gambled and it paid off. if i thought it would just be okay, i would not waste $12 and 2 hours of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
I've been to movies expecting them to be really, really bad. Like, oh, Superman IV. We knew that would suck going in, and were not disappointed on any level.

???
post #18 of 47
Just my two cents....saw it last night and thought it was really good....
post #19 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta View Post
your initial post sounded to me like you thought it would be 'okay.' when we went to see king of kong, i thought it would either be really good or really bad, so i gambled and it paid off. if i thought it would just be okay, i would not waste $12 and 2 hours of my life.



???

Well, there's this little thing called personal preference; you can't make everyone go through the same grocery list like you do before seeing each movies. And didn't kwik already make it clear that he's a big fan of the TV show?




Anyway, just saw the movie. Neither I nor my friends had had experiences with the show, but we had a good time. So I guess I like it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Anne Hathaway looked AMAZING

I actually thought she looked sorta, for a lack of better word, plastic. Kinda fitting with her role though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart
oh yea, and it was cool to see Bernie Kopell do a cameo (the original Siegfried) and even deliver his lines O.G. siegfried style!
Where is this part? White it out if need be.
post #20 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
Sorry, we already have forum trolls here. Move along.

Sorry, gotta agree. She's not ugly and has decent rackage, but she's like your best friend's sort-of-cute sister that, if one night you and she both got drunk, maybe you'd hit it...
post #21 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
Sorry, gotta agree. She's not ugly and has decent rackage, but she's like your best friend's sort-of-cute sister that, if one night you and she both got drunk, maybe you'd hit it...

thaaaaaaaaaaank you! shes the kind of girl that is cute, nothing special, but would grow on you if she was real nice etc and you spent time with her. that kind of girl.
post #22 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
Sorry, gotta agree. She's not ugly and has decent rackage, but she's like your best friend's sort-of-cute sister that, if one night you and she both got drunk, maybe you'd hit it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by West24 View Post
thaaaaaaaaaaank you! shes the kind of girl that is cute, nothing special, but would grow on you if she was real nice etc and you spent time with her. that kind of girl.

+1

she is likable, but not particularly sexy.
post #23 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta View Post
+1 she is likable, but not particularly sexy.
You see, sometimes it just takes one child with the courage to point to the Emperor and say... Not that a "cute girl-next-door-type who seems really sweet" is not a wonderful thing in itself. But let's not confuse it with something else.
post #24 of 47
i feel so much better now. fuck you rj! fuck you!
post #25 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post

Where is this part? White it out if need be.


It was at the end, after he gets the blue Kharmann Ghia...he hits a car and the guy that comes out yelling at Smart is the original Siegfried, and he even uses the Siegfried accent and calls Smart the trademark "Dumbpkoff!"

the reasons the haters dont like Hathaway is why I do, she has that girl next door, your best bud's sister look that I find really hot.
post #26 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
the reasons the haters dont like Hathaway is why I do, she has that girl next door, your best bud's sister look that I find really easy.

Fixed.
post #27 of 47
#1 at the box office. Almost 40 million, but I heard bad things.
post #28 of 47
i aint no h4t0r, hater.
post #29 of 47
It's odd, I didn't think it that great of a movie, but I must have laughed at least 50 times aloud, and that's very rare for me.
post #30 of 47
I'm going to go see this largely on the endorsement of SF. I dig the old show, so I was skeptical of this. But it sounds entertaining enough, and I've liked how both Carrell and Hathaway have been praising their predecessors in interviews.

I'll second the comments about Don Adams' wardrobe. That skinny-lapeled 1960s style is possibly the high point of mens' style for me. I find Steed's stuff more appealing than Max's, but Max was no slouch.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Get Smart--- The Movie