or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › PSA: Ralph Lauren Outlet a@ Woodbury Opened Today 25% Off Promotion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PSA: Ralph Lauren Outlet a@ Woodbury Opened Today 25% Off Promotion - Page 9

post #121 of 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by sartort View Post
+1. my thoughts precisely.

wished i would have known they took phone orders as i would have called sooner and gotten the rlblklbl navy 38r before the sf rush.

I think that in the current retail climate everyone takes phone orders.
post #122 of 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post
Me too. I call BS on this. I can't imagine they cost $300-$500. That could be excluding material costs, maybe, but those are significant.

I think you are a bit confused here. The question posted to the forum was how much Ralph Lauren paid for these suits/clothing, NOT how much a retailer (i.e. Bloomingdales, Saks, etc) paid for these items.

It is true the traditional markup in the retailer business is ~2.5. Allow me to illustrate with an example:

A Ralph Lauren Blue Lable suit, selling for $1,000 at full retail price, using the rule of 2.5, we know the retailer paid ~$400 for this suit. The cost to Ralph Lauren will have to be far less than $400 for Ralph to make any money. As I claimed earlier in the post, Ralph paid approximately $100 - $150 for the suit. In addition to paying for the suit, he has to pay for transporting the suits, storing the suits at a warehouse, creating showroom for retailers to visit, shipping the suits to the retailers, advertising costs, runway shows, office rental and of course workers' salary. When you add all these up costs (General Selling Expenses), the suit would cost Ralph Lauren ~$300. In order to make a profit (he should, that is the only reason he is still in the business), Ralph Lauren turns around and sell the suit for $400 to a full price retailer.

As I stated in my prior post, I saw the cost sheet with my own eyes. These pricing structures are fairly common in the high end fashion industry. It is not a Ralph Lauren thing.
post #123 of 330
I don't know about any real store pricing structures (actually SoCal might be most helpful here) but I do have pretty good knowledge of a top line RTW tailored line that retails in the 3-4K range and wholesale's in the 1K range. When you take into account importer profit, import taxes etc (brands is not sold direct from manufacturer to store), you would assume that the manufacturer's cost is in the 3-400 range, but I could be off base.
post #124 of 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
I don't know about any real store pricing structures (actually SoCal might be most helpful here) but I do have pretty good knowledge of a top line RTW tailored line that retails in the 3-4K range and wholesale's in the 1K range. When you take into account importer profit, import taxes etc (brands is not sold direct from manufacturer to store), you would assume that the manufacturer's cost is in the 3-400 range, but I could be off base.

Agreed! Pricing structure is not the right words. Fashion industry common practice (pricing) might be a better description.
post #125 of 330
Hey gentlemen! So I decided to join, and yes i know that some of you hate me and some of you love me, but that's okay. So I'm basically here to let everyone know when my store gets stock and answer any questions. I'll try to be as helpful as possible of course. BTW, as busy and messy as it keeps us, my store loves all the phonecalls and business that we have gotton. I do have to say that i do appreciate an educated customer and i do agree with many of your comments. There is a few boxes left at our offsite, but we are having issues retrieving it for right now because of the storm that hit a few days ago. Hopefylly someone will be available at my store to handle any phone orders. And once these boxes are gone, no one knows when we'll get shipment again. Aside from that, when we find out when that will be, who's to say any suits will be available. If anyone would like on Friday i can do a run down of what's available in the store for any last minute phonecalls. I know we are out of size 38 and only have one 40 in a short available. It is a small windowpane pattern if anyone is interested. Just please be patient and understand that a store like ours, carrying this type of product, can be difficult to replish. It's not like a casual Polo store where there are buyers going to show rooms picking what they want and how much of it. We can only get whats available and really have no choice or say. Im sorry and i'm doing my best to get at everybody who has called, whom i've actually got the message about. And yes, you guys did run us out of stock! we didn't expect as many mens sales as we got. Anyone who has been to the store in person knows how small the mens section is compared to the womens and we were definately taken by surprise!!
post #126 of 330
...
post #127 of 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLgirl View Post
Hey gentlemen! So I decided to join, and yes i know that some of you hate me and some of you love me, but that's okay. So I'm basically here to let everyone know when my store gets stock and answer any questions. I'll try to be as helpful as possible of course. BTW, as busy and messy as it keeps us, my store loves all the phonecalls and business that we have gotton. I do have to say that i do appreciate an educated customer and i do agree with many of your comments. There is a few boxes left at our offsite, but we are having issues retrieving it for right now because of the storm that hit a few days ago. Hopefylly someone will be available at my store to handle any phone orders. And once these boxes are gone, no one knows when we'll get shipment again. Aside from that, when we find out when that will be, who's to say any suits will be available. If anyone would like on Friday i can do a run down of what's available in the store for any last minute phonecalls. I know we are out of size 38 and only have one 40 in a short available. It is a small windowpane pattern if anyone is interested. Just please be patient and understand that a store like ours, carrying this type of product, can be difficult to replish. It's not like a casual Polo store where there are buyers going to show rooms picking what they want and how much of it. We can only get whats available and really have no choice or say. Im sorry and i'm doing my best to get at everybody who has called, whom i've actually got the message about. And yes, you guys did run us out of stock! we didn't expect as many mens sales as we got. Anyone who has been to the store in person knows how small the mens section is compared to the womens and we were definately taken by surprise!!

Alex do you guys have any size 42R in stock?
post #128 of 330
Welcome to SF RLgirl, it's great to have you here and I really appreciate your looking out for us.
post #129 of 330
Welcome welcome.....RLgirl, your company should be proud of you!
Thank you for joining, we are honored...and it was nice talking to you earlier today.

Regards.
PS. so you know who I am.....46R
post #130 of 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLgirl View Post
Hey gentlemen! So I decided to join, and yes i know that some of you hate me and some of you love me, but that's okay. So I'm basically here to let everyone know when my store gets stock and answer any questions. I'll try to be as helpful as possible of course. BTW, as busy and messy as it keeps us, my store loves all the phonecalls and business that we have gotton. I do have to say that i do appreciate an educated customer and i do agree with many of your comments. There is a few boxes left at our offsite, but we are having issues retrieving it for right now because of the storm that hit a few days ago. Hopefylly someone will be available at my store to handle any phone orders. And once these boxes are gone, no one knows when we'll get shipment again. Aside from that, when we find out when that will be, who's to say any suits will be available. If anyone would like on Friday i can do a run down of what's available in the store for any last minute phonecalls. I know we are out of size 38 and only have one 40 in a short available. It is a small windowpane pattern if anyone is interested. Just please be patient and understand that a store like ours, carrying this type of product, can be difficult to replish. It's not like a casual Polo store where there are buyers going to show rooms picking what they want and how much of it. We can only get whats available and really have no choice or say. Im sorry and i'm doing my best to get at everybody who has called, whom i've actually got the message about. And yes, you guys did run us out of stock! we didn't expect as many mens sales as we got. Anyone who has been to the store in person knows how small the mens section is compared to the womens and we were definately taken by surprise!!


Welcome to the forum. What do you have in terms of overcoats?
post #131 of 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLgirl View Post
Hey gentlemen! So I decided to join, and yes i know that some of you hate me and some of you love me, but that's okay. So I'm basically here to let everyone know when my store gets stock and answer any questions. I'll try to be as helpful as possible of course. BTW, as busy and messy as it keeps us, my store loves all the phonecalls and business that we have gotton. I do have to say that i do appreciate an educated customer and i do agree with many of your comments. There is a few boxes left at our offsite, but we are having issues retrieving it for right now because of the storm that hit a few days ago. Hopefylly someone will be available at my store to handle any phone orders. And once these boxes are gone, no one knows when we'll get shipment again. Aside from that, when we find out when that will be, who's to say any suits will be available. If anyone would like on Friday i can do a run down of what's available in the store for any last minute phonecalls. I know we are out of size 38 and only have one 40 in a short available. It is a small windowpane pattern if anyone is interested. Just please be patient and understand that a store like ours, carrying this type of product, can be difficult to replish. It's not like a casual Polo store where there are buyers going to show rooms picking what they want and how much of it. We can only get whats available and really have no choice or say. Im sorry and i'm doing my best to get at everybody who has called, whom i've actually got the message about. And yes, you guys did run us out of stock! we didn't expect as many mens sales as we got. Anyone who has been to the store in person knows how small the mens section is compared to the womens and we were definately taken by surprise!!




What RL pants does your store carry? What are the prices like?
post #132 of 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackplatano View Post
What RL pants does your store carry? What are the prices like?

You expect her to just come on here and list out inventory for you and then to answer a general question like "What are the prices like"?

Wow.
post #133 of 330
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackplatano View Post
Pics or it never happened.

Hi all, first at the crime scene.......and here's what I got:

RLPL cashmere sports jacket
RLPL gray pinstripe suit
RLBL black suit

Fit is fantastic and waiting to see Pedro Cardelino.
post #134 of 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by haganah View Post
You expect her to just come on here and list out inventory for you and then to answer a general question like "What are the prices like"?

Wow.


LMAO. Shut up fool.

I didn't ask her to summarise Einstein's theory of relativity.
post #135 of 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw View Post
Hi all, first at the crime scene.......and here's what I got:

RLPL cashmere sports jacket
RLPL gray pinstripe suit
RLBL black suit

Fit is fantastic and waiting to see Pedro Cardelino.

You did good.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › PSA: Ralph Lauren Outlet a@ Woodbury Opened Today 25% Off Promotion