I wanted to share my great experience with Crane's. I placed my order via phone on May 23 and was told by Shawna (or Shayna? I am so bad with names!) that they were out of stock on the Filson tan 256s and that it would take about a week before they were re-stocked. I was a little bummed but thought, "Well, I've waited this long in my quest for the perfect bag. One week won't hurt anything." Since then, I went about my business. Imagine my delight when I found a box from Crane's at my doorstep this evening! What a pleasant surprise. Got the SF rate and love the service. Keep it up, Crane's!Bag Mini-review
The bag's everything I was hoping for. I was initially debating between the 256 vs. 257 but I am SO glad I went with my gut and got the 256. It has plenty of room for everything I have to carry:
- Main Compartment: my 15" IBM Thinkpad T42 (yeah, it's nearly vintage ),
- Interior side pocket #1: power cord and mouse
- Interior side pocket #2: Bar review book/notes
- External side pocket A: Snacks, granola bars
- External side pocket B (kept close to my side while walking): Wallet, etc.
I already had a "corporate", black Tumi expandable Alpha briefcase so this is perfect for streamlining my carryalongs while maintaining a more casual vibe.