or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crane's Country Store - affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crane's Country Store - affiliate thread - Page 46

post #676 of 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymo View Post

Since it seems easier to reach you here than any one of your two email addresses I used to contact you, I would like you to explicitly know that I am hereby cancelling my order. Please delete my credit card details from your records.

I find it unbelievable that my emails to you would be tagged as spam. You have communicated with me via email before on an earlier order and to tell me the discount code for this order -- any spam algorithm is smart enough to know that an email address which you have replied to multiple times is not spam. Furthermore I called the store and a lady said she has my order in front of her, that it was shipped, that it should arrive middle of next week. You're telling me that none of this is true. You're telling me she is either very confused or an outright liar.

There is something very fishy here. Nothing makes sense.

Few communications I have had with crane was good. They tend to be much easier to reach via Telephone than Email however. Odd that if the person who talked to you have the order in front of her yet she is unable to provide you a tracking number. I believe my Satchel had a USPS tracking number. When Crane fulfilled my order they also added my email to the USPS tracking notifications, so I got a separate tracking email from USPS.
post #677 of 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymo View Post

-- any spam algorithm is smart enough to know that an email address which you have replied to multiple times is not spam.

Please tell that to my "content catcher" at work.
post #678 of 863
I again apologize about the service, but since you didn't talk to me, and I am assuming I know your order since there are not real names on the forum, I could have made a mistake. If you are order number #4991, which is what I am assuming, the lady saw that we had the bag ordered from Filson and we were expecting to be here by next week.

If you are #4991, and I get a confermation that this is your order, I will cancel it gladly. And again, your credit card is not charged until the actual product is shipped.

I do not know why certain e-mails go to spam, but sometimes they do. I personally was on the "spam" list for Carhartt for a year even though we have been customers of theirs for 40 years.

David Crane
post #679 of 863
That was indeed #4991 and I want it cancelled.

I spoke to the lady in your store on the 8th July -- she said it takes "7 to 10 days" for the bag to reach me, so "about middle of next week" (this would make it Week 28 of this year). Nowhere was ANY mention made that she did not have stock and that it was backordered.
post #680 of 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymo View Post

That was indeed #4991 and I want it cancelled.

I spoke to the lady in your store on the 8th July -- she said it takes "7 to 10 days" for the bag to reach me, so "about middle of next week" (this would make it Week 28 of this year). Nowhere was ANY mention made that she did not have stock and that it was backordered.

It's been cancelled. Unlike some retailers Cranes is a good old fashioned brick and mortar store with an online presence.The online database is not the same as the one used in the store therefore inventory counts are not exact. I might have 6 tan 257s in stock in the morning on any given day and then be sold out in the afternoon on walk in sales alone. Don't think for a second that I haven't looked into running everything from a central database because I have. Plain and simply it would cost way to much money to implement and maintain. Everybody likes the deals we can swing. We can do this because we keep operating overhead as low as possible. Which would you rather have, a good deal or an order system with exact inventory counts and no deals?

As far as your complaints go about emails and not getting them is concerned take it up with your ISP and mail providers. I set up and run the domain mail servers and have had to deal with being black listed and blocked by all the big names over the years. Why? Because they thought we were mail bombers. I know for a fact the notification emails are going out. What happens after that is neither my concern or problem until I receive blanket non delivery notifications from mail providers.
post #681 of 863
I just checked my gmail spam folder. Nothing from Crane's this month (or in June, for that matter).
post #682 of 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymo View Post

I just checked my gmail spam folder. Nothing from Crane's this month (or in June, for that matter).

And what exactly is your point?
post #683 of 863
You understand my point.

Anyway, I'm not mad at you anymore (even though you caused me lots of aggravation) because my #220 in tan was shipped to me yesterday by another dealer. $180, free shipping in the US.
post #684 of 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymo View Post

You understand my point.

Anyway, I'm not mad at you anymore (even though you caused me lots of aggravation) because my #220 in tan was shipped to me yesterday by another dealer. $180, free shipping in the US.

Actually I don't get your point. Oh and you got a pretty good deal on the 220 as well. If that's an advertised price though the dealer will lose their dealership over it. What's also interesting is you mention free ship in CONUS. It's no secret that we do that as well. The interesting part though is your shipping address is Malaysia. Not mad anymore? LOL! Then why are you promoting an unnamed competitor in my paid for affiliate thread?
post #685 of 863
Less bickering; more Filson pics.

500
Edited by Johdus Fanfoozal - 7/26/11 at 12:57pm
post #686 of 863
^
I hope mine looks like this someday!
post #687 of 863
My duffle came in today and it is GORGEOUS. I got a 222 in tan, and I'm glad you told me to get the 222 instead of the 223, because that would have been enormous. Still, might end up getting one as well, but I'm sure I'll use the 222 a lot.

Thanks for the great service Crane's!
post #688 of 863

Does anyone have experience with Filson jackets?  I'm looking at a few models and am wondering which size to go with.  I normally wear a 42R, according to Filson this is a M, but I have heard that may even be too big?  Also for a Mackinaw would you go with standard size 42? or size down to 40 or even 38?

 

Thanks

post #689 of 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMac View Post

Does anyone have experience with Filson jackets?  I'm looking at a few models and am wondering which size to go with.  I normally wear a 42R, according to Filson this is a M, but I have heard that may even be too big?  Also for a Mackinaw would you go with standard size 42? or size down to 40 or even 38?

 

Thanks


I own a half dozen Filson coats. If the sizing is small medium large then stick with the guidelines. If they size using suit coat sizing then go with one size down if not layering heavily or stick with your suit size if you plan on wearing thick sweaters and so on as a mid layer. I wear a 41R so we take the same size for all practical matters. If you're looking at anything that takes a liner be aware that without one it will be big on you. Add a heavy liner and the fit is good. If I remember right the black label stuff is cut a bit slimmer. We don't have any in stock right now for me to try on and see if this is true or not.
post #690 of 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post



I own a half dozen Filson coats. If the sizing is small medium large then stick with the guidelines. If they size using suit coat sizing then go with one size down if not layering heavily or stick with your suit size if you plan on wearing thick sweaters and so on as a mid layer. I wear a 41R so we take the same size for all practical matters. If you're looking at anything that takes a liner be aware that without one it will be big on you. Add a heavy liner and the fit is good. If I remember right the black label stuff is cut a bit slimmer. We don't have any in stock right now for me to try on and see if this is true or not.


Thanks for the reply, now I just need to narrow down my choices.  Does the SFFilson1 code still apply?
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crane's Country Store - affiliate thread