or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › McDonalds and their "challenge to Starbucks"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

McDonalds and their "challenge to Starbucks" - Page 2

post #16 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBW View Post
I've never eaten at McDonalds ...tastes 1000000 times better than Mcdonalds

Seems to be a little bit of a problem with this statement.
post #17 of 75
You're expecting logic from someone who actually wrote "1000000 times better"?
post #18 of 75
So...you follks who don't eat McD's...what do you do at 3am when you're hammered and starving? There was only one allusion to this on the previous page: if Starbucks is worried about McCafes, it ain't because of the quality of the coffee. And yes, people hold business meetings and sit around and work in McCafes. They're no more soulless than the average Starbucks. Tom
post #19 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe View Post
i love mcd's iced coffees . nothing awful about them. rather drink that then starbucks four dollar version.

+1 I LOVE the McDs iced coffee.....when they first came out I think I got one almost every other day with a coworker.

The only drink I like at Starbucks is their Green Tea iced tea with half the sugar flavoring they normally put in
post #20 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger02 View Post
So...you follks who don't eat McD's...what do you do at 3am when you're hammered and starving?
Go to one of the 24 hour Starbucks?

In all seriousness to this, I live in Seattle and am of course a coffee snob. I look down on both.
post #21 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger02 View Post
So...you follks who don't eat McD's...what do you do at 3am when you're hammered and starving?


There was only one allusion to this on the previous page: if Starbucks is worried about McCafes, it ain't because of the quality of the coffee. And yes, people hold business meetings and sit around and work in McCafes. They're no more soulless than the average Starbucks.

Tom

Chinese food?
post #22 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
Go to one of the 24 hour Starbucks?

The correct response to that question for a Seattlite would be:

There's always Pioneer square street meat. Cream Cheese dog!

I'd have said Minnie's But they are closed cause they didn't pay their taxes. Theres 13 Coins, which has lost much of its Noirish appeal after the smoking ban. The Hurricane, which has lost much of its appeal after the 90's...

and for everyone else out there in the world outside Seattle, there's always Denny's!
post #23 of 75
I don't think that Starbucks is being challenged by McDonalds. It is more that they are having to face the reality that their days of unbridled growth and undying public affection are at an end. Now they have to justify themselves to consumers so you will see more advertising, more "specials" and probably more "feel good" tie ins with their stores and products. However, the fact remains that they have a ton of convenient locations that are an ideal place to meet others and surf. I don't see that changing. And, as long as those cute girls keep hanging out at my local 'bucks I'll continue to stop in and "read the paper".
post #24 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
Starbucks might be more tolerable if you bring your own flask of whiskey.

Most things are.
post #25 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger02 View Post
They're no more soulless than the average Starbucks. Tom
I disagree for two reasons. 1) the lighting at any Macs is glaring and awful. Starbucks usually has it right. 2) Starbucks smells better. I LOVE McDonalds french fries and some of their salads but the places have a bit of a greasy smell. I always get my food to go.
post #26 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger02 View Post
So...you follks who don't eat McD's...what do you do at 3am when you're hammered and starving?

There's a pizza place near many of our regular watering holes that's open until 4. I'd be willing to say it's pretty effing good, but I've never eaten it sober.
post #27 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger02 View Post
So...you follks who don't eat McD's...what do you do at 3am when you're hammered and starving?

Tom

I live in the land of ten million taco trucks.
post #28 of 75
all i get from sbux now is a green tea lemonade +strawberry +melon
=]_
post #29 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger02 View Post
So...you follks who don't eat McD's...what do you do at 3am when you're hammered and starving?

3am is prime Jack in the Box time!
post #30 of 75
I'm a food snob, but I still like my Chicken McNuggets.

I patronize Starbucks when I have no option. If there's a locally owned coffee shop nearby, I'd rather go there. But if there's not, c'est la vie.

As far as Starbucks goes, I like the chai tea misto. Made with chai tea bags, so it's much closer to real chai than the sugary-sweet "chai latte." Half the price, too. It's revealing that SB doesn't even list it on many of their menu signs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › McDonalds and their "challenge to Starbucks"