• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skinny suit

dinted voice

Reaction score
Like slimmer suits (not too slim) but don't size down because it won't fit correctly. Go H and M on the low end or TaT if you want something that will last. There is a great thread in here with TaT suits and Jason seems like a great guy. I am about to order my first one this fall.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scoundrel
So I got this reaction at HonestForum.com when I made a post saying I am going to give the skinny suit a try:

http://www.honestforum.com/fashion-f...y-suit-go.html

Are these kids haters, really ignorant or on the mark?

They are right on the mark. You don't get skinny suit from sizing down. It's more from the cut of the suit (slim lapels, cut closer to the body, high arm hole with tight sleeves, short skirt w/ open quarters, slim fitting pants, etc).

Try TaT for skinny suit look or maybe Brooks Brothers Black Fleece if you are willing to dash out the $$$$$$$.

Scoundrel

Reaction score
85ca1iy8.jpg

selbsttatig

Reaction score
It'd be much easier to tell if you weren't standing like that.

Scoundrel

Reaction score
lol

That's not me.

But visually, the body type and fit are similar.

selbsttatig

Reaction score
Then what did you post it for?

You can tell if it's too small by where exactly the shoulders are, where or if it stretches, etc.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That picture makes the suit look like it was made out of a painted potatoe sack.

Scoundrel

Reaction score
I posted that pic because the guy in it is wearing a jacket too small for him; I think he achieves the look desired.

selbsttatig

Reaction score
It looks just a bit too small to me actually. It's pulling at the shoulders and arms quite a bit.

It looks too small. Not really slim and fitted just small.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol

That's not me.

But visually, the body type and fit are similar.

Look at the snugly/close fit shoulders in the picture. If you size down, your shoulders wont fit and the whole silhouette will be damn ugly.

You don't size down tank-tops to create bra, and you wont be able to size down suits to create a slim silhouette.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted that pic because the guy in it is wearing a jacket too small for him; I think he achieves the look desired.

The shoulders fit pretty perfectly. The suit just have a narrow cut silhouette.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sick of this "two sizes down look" inspired by Pete Wentz and copied by every ******* emo kid. It's NOT a good look it just makes you look like you're squeezing into clothes that are too small for you.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
I'm sick of this "two sizes down look" inspired by Pete Wentz and copied by every ******* emo kid. It's NOT a good look it just makes you look like you're squeezing into clothes that are too small for you.

Skinny suits has been around before that dude is born...

Smells Like Poor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel

This is beyond ridiculous. I really hope this is some joke that went over my head.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads