or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › My Greenfield Fitting - Pics Inside
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Greenfield Fitting - Pics Inside - Page 3

post #31 of 75
Very nice suit. Well done!
post #32 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs View Post
They are minutes from the Williamsburg bridge. For the price and quality it's probably worth the trip.

Thanks for all the compliments!

Perhaps, but at that price and quality level, I think he would do very well if he made regular trips to New York. I am sure a lot of Style Forum members would be interested.
post #33 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
Perhaps, but at that price and quality level, I think he would do very well if he made regular trips to New York. I am sure a lot of Style Forum members would be interested.

Probably doesn't want to piss off his biggest customer (BB).
post #34 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post
Probably doesn't want to piss off his biggest customer (BB).

ya, why would I pay 500-600 dollar more for BB GF when I can get the same thing by going to his factory directly?

Suit looks good BTW, looks like they did a decent job with minimal shoulder request, def. looks softer than my GF suit.

Did you ask for waist suppresion? looks like the waist area is cut rather full.
post #35 of 75
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle View Post
ya, why would I pay 500-600 dollar more for BB GF when I can get the same thing by going to his factory directly? Suit looks good BTW, looks like they did a decent job with minimal shoulder request, def. looks softer than my GF suit. Did you ask for waist suppresion? looks like the waist area is cut rather full.
The jacket I tried on when I first went in definitely had more waist suppression. They are still going to take in the waist so I hope it comes naturally. If I had an appointment initially or I did not go so spur of the moment I would have started a thread discussing what to ask for. There are a few slight things I would have done different had I known to ask but the suit fits so well I can hardly complain. I think I would have just printed a picture of a Rubinacci and said just make me something like this. I'd have done something similar without the cuffs. Who is this, btw?
post #36 of 75
That's iammatt in (probably) Rubinacci.

If the cut doesn't give it away, the tie-space and home decor do :-)
post #37 of 75
Martin Greenfield is not going to make a Rubinacci knock off for you. He makes American cut suits, like Oxxford, and asking to deviate is asking for trouble.

Matt's shoes look like they were run over by a car.
post #38 of 75
I think your suit is shaping up extremely well, looking forward to the finished product when final alterations are done for you. I can only hope you are taking advantage of functional sleeve buttons with buttons lightly 'kissing' one another.

I always like reading about martin greenfield suits, which i think are a real value for a product made here in the usa. reminds me, I have a short promotional video made for neiman marcus called "The Soul of the Suit" that made me want to wear finely tailored clothing one day (it's on VHS, if that gives you an idea of how long i've been waiting for the suit 'big leagues')-- martin greenfield is featured, along with brioni, oxxford, and a short piece on zegna.
post #39 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by unpainted huffheinz View Post
Martin Greenfield is not going to make a Rubinacci knock off for you. He makes American cut suits, like Oxxford, and asking to deviate is asking for trouble.
That's all well in theory but simply not true in Greenfield's case. Stop by the Massimo Bizzocchi store in the MPG and have a look at the top line suits and jackets. They're made by MG and have a super soft shoulder, zero padding and are as close to a Neapolitan silhouette as it gets.

On the other end of the spectrum, I believe he makes Duncan Quinn's MTM suits which are very "British" (in the military tradition, not A&S style) and slim cut.
post #40 of 75
Todd Greenfield. (I met with Jay last time.) He offered to take me into the production room and was sure to point out that the sewing machines (in the picture below) are the only ones in the whole factory and everything else is sewn by hand

Who is Tod kidding.
Did he show you the sewing room where they make the uniforms and #2 make suits for the Hassids.
Carl
post #41 of 75
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven View Post

Who is Tod kidding.
Did he show you the sewing room where they make the uniforms and #2 make suits for the Hassids.
Carl

Haha!
post #42 of 75
This got posted all over the place (A continuous lean, Racked, Material Interest), but it's worth watching; an eight minute documentary on Martin Greenfield: http://racked.com/archives/2008/06/23/video_tailor_of_tailors_martin.php
post #43 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven View Post
Todd Greenfield. (I met with Jay last time.) He offered to take me into the production room and was sure to point out that the sewing machines (in the picture below) are the only ones in the whole factory and everything else is sewn by hand

Who is Tod kidding.
Did he show you the sewing room where they make the uniforms and #2 make suits for the Hassids.
Carl

+1 , in order to be precise, he should have taken ya to the ladies sewing the buttonholes and then point out that everything else is machine sewn (with a tiny bit skin-fused in the front, to be extra-precise)...
post #44 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs View Post
The jacket I tried on when I first went in definitely had more waist suppression. They are still going to take in the waist so I hope it comes naturally.

If I had an appointment initially or I did not go so spur of the moment I would have started a thread discussing what to ask for. There are a few slight things I would have done different had I known to ask but the suit fits so well I can hardly complain. I think I would have just printed a picture of a Rubinacci and said just make me something like this.

I'd have done something similar without the cuffs.
Who is this, btw?

I like the cuffs on your pants.
post #45 of 75
Thread Starter 
I think more people said "nice suit" than "mazal tov" by my wedding. I'll more post pics as soon as I have some.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › My Greenfield Fitting - Pics Inside