• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skull Jeans by an Alchemist

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a thread dedicated to anything related to Fab Four or Skull Jeans by an Alchemist..
Did a search and couldn't find any threads that were dedicated to this brand yet..

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Self Edge update...

Skull Jeans by an Alchemist - New Shirts and More..
Two new shirts from our favorite Fab Four company, Skull, have just come in.
One is a sawtooth denim shirt and another is a Black & White Striped shirt.
Along with the two new shirts we also got a restock of the 5010 (6x6 Indigo), 5507, 5010 Black Selvedge, and all the Skull Wallets we carry.

More info, photos, and specs on the new shirts, jeans, and wallets are in our online store now:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=70

SKULL2-743947.jpg

SKULL3-743991.jpg

stripe1-791185.jpg

stripe3-791215.jpg

BB035-754532-760663-708777.jpg

skull2-733177-760694-708861.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Any idea when polycotton thread is coming ?

Soon, but then again, they've been saying "soon" for over a year now.
In other news, look forward to the Meguro Mission project... more info on that **** later.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
That second shirt is rad, i've never seen pocket closures like that.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The indigo dye on that shirt looks great.

Dave Walker

Reaction score
I like the last shirt - ditto, those pocket buttons are awesome. Not sure about the first one though!

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea when polycotton thread is coming ?

polycotton thread is way overrated. Have worn mine for almost 8 months now with no problems.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by braidkid
polycotton thread is way overrated. Have worn mine for almost 8 months now with no problems.

Agreed.
It's more about the TYPE of cotton thread that's used..
I don't think anybody here realizes that ALL Sugar Cane jeans are stitched with 100% cotton thread, yet ever hear about SC jeans' thread coming apart?

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, skulls are KNOWN to have pretty bad cotton threads that fall apart, which is the only thing preventing me from buying them

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well, skulls are KNOWN to have pretty bad cotton threads that fall apart, which is the only thing preventing me from buying them

The issue is WAY overblown... it's not nearly as common as people think it is.
We sell more Skull jeans than anybody outside of Japan and i can tell you that we have the same number of Skulls come back for repair many months later than any other brand (with the exception of Iron Heart which never comes back..).

EDIT: If you really must have cotton poly-core thread, wait for the Meguro Mission.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
The issue is WAY overblown... it's not nearly as common as people think it is.
We sell more Skull jeans than anybody outside of Japan and i can tell you that we have the same number of Skulls come back for repair many months later than any other brand (with the exception of Iron Heart which never comes back..).

EDIT: If you really must have cotton poly-core thread, wait for the Meguro Mission.

agreed. if you're not buying skulls due to lack of polycotton thread, you're missing out on one of life's greatest opportunities.

i almost prefer cotton thread as it fades with the jeans. repairs are fun too and contribute to individuality.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by braidkid
agreed. if you're not buying skulls due to lack of polycotton thread, you're missing out on one of life's greatest opportunities.

i almost prefer cotton thread as it fades with the jeans. repairs are fun too and contribute to individuality.

being that going to a tailor is always a pain for me due to opportunities when I can go/the distance for a competent one, i prefer as little amount of tailor trips as possible

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just recieved a full restock of the Skull 5010 6x6, 5507, and 5010 Black Selvedge along with the Skull Sawtooth Denim shirt and Black & White Striped Fab shirt.

Check the online store for prices, photos, and specs on all these items from Dry Bones and Skull.

Skull:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...7ff901872ed36e

dp580_01-744102.jpg

typeIII1-771948-746065.jpg

SKULL2-743947.jpg

BB035-754532-760663-708777.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads