or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Bentley v Rolls Royce
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bentley v Rolls Royce - Page 6

post #76 of 168
Doesn't anyone have the cost of a lease for a black, power hard top, SLK 350 with the AMG handling package added?
post #77 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
The CLK Black is a serious car.
Yes it is......that thing looks and supposedly performs like a beast, I love the fact it's not typical Mercedes Benz.

It's what you get, when you actually want to track your car.
post #78 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe View Post
Yes it is......that thing looks and supposedly performs like a beast, I love the fact it's not typical Mercedes Benz.

It's what you get, when you actually want to track your car.

Somewhere, there's a video of it and an Alpina B7 at the track. Both cars were amazing. Unsurprisingly, the CLK ate the B7's lunch, but the B7 was incredible for a big body sedan.

Hey, take that back about "typical MBs." I happen to like them.
post #79 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe View Post
That's because MB doesn't race SLK's, whereas there is a SCCA class that does actually race MX-5's. When I think MB, the only cars I feel might be track or race worthy is the Black edition AMG CLK's. The SLK, along with it's bigger brother (SL) was built to be more of a luxury blvd cruiser.

Wow. Did you even bother to check on your facts before posting? The fact that you consider the CLK to be the most race-worthy car built by MBZ further convinces me the only experience you have around MBZ vehicles is what you read about in car magazines. Ever heard of the SLR McLaren? Oh, and since you don't bother to actually research anything you say before speaking (not entirely surprising), I thought you might appreciate this SLK350 (raced in the 24 hours of Nürburgring by the Carlsson team):



This is Carlsson's SLK-55:



Of course, you know, never let facts get in the way of a good argument. And what was your point again? Oh, that Mercedes doesn't race SLKs, and that the CLK is the only race-worthy car in their lineup. God, I think that statement is actually stupid enough you'd get confused looks from any of the AMG, Kleeman, Carlsson, Larinser, etc race tuning shops for MB products.

Are you seriously telling me you think the CLK is a better race vehicle than an SLR?
post #80 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by linux_pro View Post
God, I think that statement is actually stupid enough you'd get confused looks from any of the AMG, Kleeman, Carlsson, Larinser, etc race tuning shops for MB products.

I think you mean Lorinser.
post #81 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by linux_pro View Post
Wow. Did you even bother to check on your facts before posting? The fact that you consider the CLK to be the most race-worthy car built by MBZ further convinces me the only experience you have around MBZ vehicles is what you read about in car magazines. Ever heard of the SLR McLaren? Oh, and since you don't bother to actually research anything you say before speaking (not entirely surprising), I thought you might appreciate this SLK350 (raced in the 24 hours of Nürburgring by the Carlsson team):



This is Carlsson's SLK-55:



Of course, you know, never let facts get in the way of a good argument. And what was your point again? Oh, that Mercedes doesn't race SLKs, and that the CLK is the only race-worthy car in their lineup. God, I think that statement is actually stupid enough you'd get confused looks from any of the AMG, Kleeman, Carlsson, Larinser, etc race tuning shops for MB products.

Are you seriously telling me you think the CLK is a better race vehicle than an SLR?
lol....if you thought the SLR was a purposebuilt track car, you're sadly mistaken. Since it's induction, it's been claimed as a super GT, in which it was outperformed by all its competition.

And yes Mr. Benz, SLK's are very popular cars used on open tracks and auto X (saracsm).
post #82 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Doesn't anyone have the cost of a lease for a black, power hard top, SLK 350 with the AMG handling package added?

Pio, what is this AMG handling package you speak of? Would you not just get an AMG?
post #83 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by linux_pro View Post
The fact that you consider the CLK to be the most race-worthy car built by MBZ further convinces me the only experience you have around MBZ vehicles is what you read about in car magazines.
Are you seriously telling me you think the CLK is a better race vehicle than an SLR?
You're funny man....do you actually know what you're talking about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_CLK_GTR


If the SLR was such a great track car, why was it never used in racing? Last I checked, doesn't MB currently use the CLR?
post #84 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Pio, what is this AMG handling package you speak of? Would you not just get an AMG?
lol
post #85 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe View Post
lol....if you thought the SLR was a purposebuilt track car, you're sadly mistaken. Since it's induction, it's been claimed as a super GT, in which it was outperformed by all its competition.

And yes Mr. Benz, SLK's are very popular cars used on open tracks and auto X (saracsm).

So what point are you trying to make?

Have you actually been to a track? Do you own a CLK? What group did you race with, and in what bracket? Which track? And I'm sure you have cockpit video of you actually doing so.

I track my SLK, and when I've shown up, I've seen numerous SLK55s and SLK350s out there (at the Seattle PCA chapter down at SIR). I'd love to invite you out to come run with us, but since you are under the age of 25, I don't think your insurance will allow you to. Oh, and I'm sure your Civic with the fart tube would do great.

post #86 of 168
My Yugo would destroy your car at the track. I had Brabus do it up right.
post #87 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Pio, what is this AMG handling package you speak of? Would you not just get an AMG?

CLEARLY YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MBZ AND HAVE NEVER BEEN WITHIN SPITTING DISTANCE OF ONE!
post #88 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
CLEARLY YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MBZ AND HAVE NEVER BEEN WITHIN SPITTING DISTANCE OF ONE!

Alas, this is true.
post #89 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
My Yugo would destroy your car at the track. I had Brabus do it up right.


Jealousy's a bitch, eh? Must hurt to see other people enjoy their lives when you are so busy being so bitter about your own failures. That's okay, you have another homophobic friend here you can share your hatred with. You won't always be alone. Try to remember that while you're bagging my groceries.
post #90 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by linux_pro View Post
Jealousy's a bitch, eh? Must hurt to see other people enjoy their lives when you are so busy being so bitter about your own failures. That's okay, you have another homophobic friend here you can share your hatred with. You won't always be alone. Try to remember that while you're bagging my groceries.

Aww, that's sweet of you. You're quickly becoming my favorite SF friend. I forgot to ask, who's my homopobic friend here?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Bentley v Rolls Royce