or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread - Page 121

post #1801 of 2409
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

They're tweeds, so I'm waiting for tattersall shirts.

Minnis lambswool ready?
post #1802 of 2409
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

Minnis lambswool ready?
post #1803 of 2409
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

i-xRdFXdn-X2.jpg

Win!!!!
post #1804 of 2409
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Beautiful!
FWIW, I reiterate that the Brits do a better job for you than Mina.

+1 on both comments. But I am glad you are trying very hard to prove us wrong by getting more NSMs!
post #1805 of 2409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

I almost had W. Bill blue donegal tweed envy as for a moment my Chan version of a similar cloth with flap pockets felt inadequate. Luckily that has passed. Keep up the good work Edwin, Matthew and Bill!

you mean because of the pocket style? not overwhelmed by patch pockets myself. they fail to attract me.
post #1806 of 2409
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

you mean because of the pocket style? not overwhelmed by patch pockets myself. they fail to attract me.

I prefer patch pockets on summer jackets, on Bill's jacket, I'd prefer flap with ticket pocket. English make nice ticket pockets.
post #1807 of 2409
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

i-xRdFXdn-X2.jpg

worship.gifworship.gifworship.gif
post #1808 of 2409
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i-xRdFXdn-X2.jpg


As everybody, I like this a lot.
You really must be a sartorial pervert to ask british tailors to make such a jacket that has italian details (patch pockets, unpadded shoulders, lapels...) but seems to provide a real british fit.

Maybe you could ask to have your cuffs cut more diagonally so that the visible lenght of shirt cuff is equal all around your wrist. (don't know if I made myself clear shog[1].gif )
post #1809 of 2409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romain View Post

As everybody, I like this a lot.
You really must be a sartorial pervert to ask british tailors to make such a jacket that has italian details (patch pockets, unpadded shoulders, lapels...) but seems to provide a real british fit.

Steed tailors in the Anderson & Shepard style, so shoulders with no padding and only a bit of wadding are traditional to this cut. The patch pocket shapes are also inspired by old A&S.

As for having lapels, that is what I have on all my jackets, one on either side. So far. That's how perverted I am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romain View Post

Maybe you could ask to have your cuffs cut more diagonally so that the visible lenght of shirt cuff is equal all around your wrist. (don't know if I made myself clear shog[1].gif )

I understand exactly what you are saying. I plan to address this by remaining completely immobile, like the dead or people who live in Minnesota in the winter.
post #1810 of 2409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelman 17 View Post

worship.gifworship.gifworship.gif

eh8gx.gif
post #1811 of 2409
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

I understand exactly what you are saying. I plan to address this by remaining completely immobile, like the dead or people who live in Fargo in the winter.

I wonder if this cuffs paralleling issue can be corrected by having the same suit and shirt maker?

I can't remember if you've posted your NSM suit and shirt together . . .

- M
post #1812 of 2409
[Reminder to self: windmill arms before StyFo pics.]
post #1813 of 2409
One time Vox told me that cloth tape helps him keep the sleeves on his jackets and shirts parallel. His style a lot like yours, just a bit nicer.

You might want to look into that.
post #1814 of 2409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn View Post

One time Vox told me that cloth tape helps him keep the sleeves on his jackets and shirts parallel. His style a lot like yours, just a bit nicer.
You might want to look into that.

Ideally, one terminates shirtsleeves about four inches above the edge of the sleeve, like capris pants but for the arms. Then, CVS cloth tape is sewn permanently around around the interior edge of the jacket sleeve, leaving a perfect 0.25" reveal all round.

Whether hailing cabs, roughhousing with other members at meetups, fisticuffs with ruffians, eating oysters, or holding up an Android cell phone in a mens lavatory in front of a urinal for WAYWRN pics, this approach ensures a flawless presentation for the discriminating online audience.
post #1815 of 2409
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

you mean because of the pocket style? not overwhelmed by patch pockets myself. they fail to attract me.

Just in general. Like I said though, I'm over it now. I think.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread