or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Rubinacci Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Rubinacci Thread. - Page 48

post #706 of 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post
You don't think the green patterned jacket is FU enough?

it's a smidgen bold, but I am thinking something in a bolder color scheme, maybe bolder pattern. The navy DB is my favorite, so pimp.
post #707 of 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by sartort View Post
Foof,

I thought I read on your blog that you just got back all your repaired digs from Rubinacci including the 1Bs that they converted them to 3R2.

No, I got back all the ones I sent, but I didn't send all of them at once so that I'd have stuff to wear in the interim.
post #708 of 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post
You don't think the green patterned jacket is FU enough?

That's not an FU jacket.

This is an FU jacket:

post #709 of 4251
^^

well... this might be a FM jacket...
post #710 of 4251
the green and pink in that thing are too much for me.
post #711 of 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
the green and pink in that thing are too much for me.

and the fact that it looks like he walks into the barber shop with a "frosted tips pls" request.

I like the black buttonholes, however.
post #712 of 4251
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
it's a smidgen bold, but I am thinking something in a bolder color scheme, maybe bolder pattern. The navy DB is my favorite, so pimp.

Horse blanketish? I don't know - I feel like the green and my hardy thornproof I've got a few bold one's already.

I tell you what though - the current range of house fabrics at Huntsman are off the chain.
post #713 of 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post

I tell you what though - the current range of house fabrics at Huntsman are off the chain.

sounds good, except for the part about wearing a Hunstman coat
post #714 of 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post
Having tried every thing from flat front to double pleat - I think I've determined that my default from now on will be single pleat.

I only have three DBs from Rubinacci but they all have the same inner button placement.

forward or reverse?
post #715 of 4251
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohm View Post
forward or reverse?

Forward.
post #716 of 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post
Horse blanketish? I don't know - I feel like the green and my hardy thornproof I've got a few bold one's already.

I tell you what though - the current range of house fabrics at Huntsman are off the chain.

I have to agree with ed about the FU-ness of your jackets. Even if the patterns are somewhat bold or large, they're still traditional and the color ways suggest man walking the grounds with his Purdey more than used car salesman or old 70's couch. Looking like one of the latter, as Lapo accomplishes with aplomb, would win you serious FU points.
post #717 of 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
I have to agree with ed about the FU-ness of your jackets. Even if the patterns are somewhat bold or large, they're still traditional and the color ways suggest man walking the grounds with his Purdey more than used car salesman or old 70's couch. Looking like one of the latter, as Lapo accomplishes with aplomb, would win you serious FU points.

Old 70's couch is where is at, at least for one sportcoat, minus the plastic covering.
post #718 of 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
Old 70's couch is where is at, at least for one sportcoat, minus the plastic covering.

Plastic lining would be epic.
post #719 of 4251
Maybe plastic elbow patches?
post #720 of 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
^^

well... this might be a FM jacket...

LOL exactly.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Rubinacci Thread.