or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Rubinacci Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Rubinacci Thread. - Page 283

post #4231 of 4251
It was chilly this morning and will be tonight. Still a bit nippy. It's a 16oz LL tweed that doesn't wear too hot so it's doable. Per Se tonight should be nice and cool inside I would imagine.
post #4232 of 4251
Same here...A Carlo Barbera for Lesser flannel today.
post #4233 of 4251
I'm not even wearing pants.

Actually, I just ordered two fresco suits from LH. I seem to have my seasonal ordering pattern screwed up.
post #4234 of 4251

Yet cold for any flannel or tweed here - the sun's still strong. 

Lucky you!

post #4235 of 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpapa View Post

I'm not even wearing pants.
post #4236 of 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

foo_greatcoat_medium_zps28853b95.jpg

That coat is really great. Really. Then the part closest to the neck is even more beautiful. Compliments.

post #4237 of 4251
Who did hear about that relatively recent, mystical Milanese dinner where Luca supposedly said that he was actually cutting himself (I wonder since they are always pretty transparent on that) and then supposedly got his head washed by Migliarotti (who supposeldy also told the VBC people to fuck off at the same occasion; just after he made that film fo them)?
Sounded like fun and much more interesting than the lunches that Scott Schuman was filming...
post #4238 of 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post

Who did hear about that relatively recent, mystical Milanese dinner where Luca supposedly said that he was actually cutting himself (I wonder since they are always pretty transparent on that) and then supposedly got his head washed by Migliarotti (who supposeldy also told the VBC people to fuck off at the same occasion; just after he made that film fo them)?
Sounded like fun and much more interesting than the lunches that Scott Schuman was filming...

You should start your own film series...
post #4239 of 4251
Cross post from The Apparel Arts Re-enactment Thread:

This is an old idea of mine, so get out you cameras and get going, gentlemen!
bigstar[1].gif

axwi.jpg

pvml.jpg

Rubinacci cashmere coat/yellow trousers by Steven 1Hitchcock, NSM DB ivory linen suit, Loob St James's Nubucks
post #4240 of 4251
So I've made an appointment at Rubinacci in London, on December 11.

I intend to start off with a Suit, or a Sportscoat. Will return to Naples in September for my first fitting.

Thinking either a Navy Blue Wool / Linen Blazer, or a Wool Gunclub Check.

For current Customers, any advice on anything I need to think about before I go in 2 weeks time?

My only experience thus far is with WW Chan, or MTM Orazio Luciano.
post #4241 of 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler View Post

Cross post from The Apparel Arts Re-enactment Thread:

This is an old idea of mine, so get out you cameras and get going, gentlemen!
bigstar[1].gif

axwi.jpg

pvml.jpg

Rubinacci cashmere coat/yellow trousers by Steven 1Hitchcock, NSM DB ivory linen suit, Loob St James's Nubucks

And to end the day in style here is another detail that can make a difference ... of course everything always done by hand....

post #4242 of 4251
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by quar View Post

So I've made an appointment at Rubinacci in London, on December 11.

I intend to start off with a Suit, or a Sportscoat. Will return to Naples in September for my first fitting.

Thinking either a Navy Blue Wool / Linen Blazer, or a Wool Gunclub Check.

For current Customers, any advice on anything I need to think about before I go in 2 weeks time?

My only experience thus far is with WW Chan, or MTM Orazio Luciano.
Only to keep your mind open about fabric selection. Who are you meeting with?
post #4243 of 4251
I am meeting Chiara.

I intend to have my first fitting in Naples when I return to Europe in September. I hope then that I can see Mariano and the cutter.

I quite like the Porter & Harding Glorious Twelfth Book. I wonder what they will have available.
post #4244 of 4251
Thread Starter 
They have that among others, also ask to see the vintage stuff
post #4245 of 4251
OK, great, thanks for that.

Thanks for creating this thread, it has been a wealth of information for us all.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Rubinacci Thread.