or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Rubinacci Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Rubinacci Thread. - Page 281

post #4201 of 4251
Nice looking suit Bill! Did you even have a fitting for that as it seemed to come out quick? Or have they nailed down your pattern to the point where they make it and you wear it and do any minor adjustments later? Wear it in good health!
post #4202 of 4251
Lots of folks in the South spend pretty much zero time outside in the summer during the work day - it's home-car-work-car-home.

In the city I live in, I am home-bus-train-work-lunch across town (often by foot)-work-train-bus-home. Needless to say, 15 oz would be suicide for a hot summer day.

That said, we are sizing up a move to the burbs that would necessitate driving every day, so I'm pretty excited to join the "cloth weight agnostic" club.
post #4203 of 4251
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

Nice looking suit Bill! Did you even have a fitting for that as it seemed to come out quick? Or have they nailed down your pattern to the point where they make it and you wear it and do any minor adjustments later? Wear it in good health!
Thanks Slew

Pretty much dialed in, a few tweaks here and there but nothing major. For this suit I'll just need them to take out the pants by a few cms (more the result of working out and putting on butt and leg mass than anything else).
post #4204 of 4251
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaymanS View Post

Lots of folks in the South spend pretty much zero time outside in the summer during the work day - it's home-car-work-car-home.
+100
post #4205 of 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaymanS View Post

Lots of folks in the South spend pretty much zero time outside in the summer during the work day - it's home-car-work-car-home.

In the city I live in, I am home-bus-train-work-lunch across town (often by foot)-work-train-bus-home. Needless to say, 15 oz would be suicide for a hot summer day.

That said, we are sizing up a move to the burbs that would necessitate driving every day, so I'm pretty excited to join the "cloth weight agnostic" club.

15 oz worsted isn't that bad. For me all hard finished worsted cloth feels basically similar in terms of warmth. What sucks on hot/humid days is wearing any kind of jacket at all, as the heat gets trapped between layers.
post #4206 of 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanm View Post

15 oz worsted isn't that bad. For me all hard finished worsted cloth feels basically similar in terms of warmth. What sucks on hot/humid days is wearing any kind of jacket at all, as the heat gets trapped between layers.
Obviously, this isn't true at the extremes, but 12oz worsted is more or less the functional equivalent of 16oz most of the time for me (at least indoors). 9oz is a lot different.
post #4207 of 4251
I'm thinking of opting for steadfast hopsack instead of the new grey hopsack from LL for a DB suit
post #4208 of 4251
I just put in for the gray LL hopsack. I'm curious to see how it makes up.
post #4209 of 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

Obviously, this isn't true at the extremes, but 12oz worsted is more or less the functional equivalent of 16oz most of the time for me (at least indoors). 9oz is a lot different.

Agreed that tropical weight cloth does feel appreciably lighter. Still I don't feel uncomfortable wearing smooth finished worsteds of any weight in warm weather. A fuzzy finish, OTOH, can be very stifling.
post #4210 of 4251
The navy LL is awsome fabric, albeit at 100 pounds/m it better be
post #4211 of 4251
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

I'm thinking of opting for steadfast hopsack instead of the new grey hopsack from LL for a DB suit
I think you'll be pleased, not sure how it gets any better...at least based on my experience which includes LL fabrics.
post #4212 of 4251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

The navy LL is awsome fabric, albeit at 100 pounds/m it better be

I don't know why you think that is so expensive. It is about comparable to what I pay for Smiths and Lesser. Loro Piana is much more expensive.
post #4213 of 4251
Did you buy the fabric yourself and supply rubi or just ordered straight through them? I think I'll contact smiths for a price. They recently sent me some finmeresco samples, and it would be good to place the order together.
post #4214 of 4251
Thread Starter 
For regular way fabrics I just use LH, otherwise I'll send them stuff.
post #4215 of 4251
Whnay, a beautiful fabric and versatile color. Btw, the shoulder on your suit is Rubinnaci's "con rollino?"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Rubinacci Thread.