or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Rubinacci Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Rubinacci Thread. - Page 276

post #4126 of 4250
The fabric looks great (though hard to judge from the pics); would like to see close-up shots of the fabric and details. I don't understand/like the proportions: the huge lapels, pocket flaps, "sleeve cuffs" and "back belt", but they're probably exactly the way you wanted them.
post #4127 of 4250
Well, you could argue certain of those things could be smaller scale. But I think the lapels are simply correct for this sort of thing.
post #4128 of 4250
Okay. I don't like lapels that large in general; the word "armpit itch" comes to mind when I see them. On overcoats I don't dislike them that much, but I think smaller ones (relative to the shoulder width) look better, because they're less dominating, demand less attention for themselves, if you know what I mean.
post #4129 of 4250
The scale looks fine to me. It's supposed to be a "great coat" and it all works in the context.
post #4130 of 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

He now assumes I want "F U" everything.

18 months from order to delivery - you got the "FU"service,too! Luckily it's just gotten cold...
post #4131 of 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post

18 months from order to delivery - you got the "FU"service,too! Luckily it's just gotten cold...

Not at all, actually. The delay was because I couldn't make it back to Europe for a fitting with Mariano. Had I done it with Luca in New York, it wouldn't have taken so long. I waited because I started the project with Mariano. Otherwise, I would have been happy to do the fitting with Luca.

In fact, the service I got with this coat was really great.
post #4132 of 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Not at all, actually. The delay was because I couldn't make it back to Europe for a fitting with Mariano. Had I done it with Luca in New York, it wouldn't have taken so long. I waited because I started the project with Mariano. Otherwise, I would have been happy to do the fitting with Luca.

In fact, the service I got with this coat was really great.


it was a joke for those not versed in the ways of transatlantic MTM projects who might find the 1.5 year wait a little crazy.gif - also a nod to your pants adventures. sorry, should have added smile.gif
post #4133 of 4250
Given the way these things often go, 1.5 years might be considered light speed.
post #4134 of 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Not at all, actually. The delay was because I couldn't make it back to Europe for a fitting with Mariano. Had I done it with Luca in New York, it wouldn't have taken so long. I waited because I started the project with Mariano. Otherwise, I would have been happy to do the fitting with Luca.

In fact, the service I got with this coat was really great.

Who does the Fittings in the London Store? Do Luca and Mariano visit there? Or is there another fitter?
post #4135 of 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

Given the way these things often go, 1.5 years might be considered light speed.

For you, my tall friend, for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quar View Post

Who does the Fittings in the London Store? Do Luca and Mariano visit there? Or is there another fitter?

Depends who's there. You can request either. Mariano is in London all the time.
post #4136 of 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post

it was a joke for those not versed in the ways of transatlantic MTM projects who might find the 1.5 year wait a little crazy.gif - also a nod to your pants adventures. sorry, should have added smile.gif

I know, but if not for my insistence on waiting for Mariano, this probably would have taken 6 weeks, not 18 months. One benefit to Rubinacci is that they keep on schedule and Luca is in NYC and LA every other month or so.
post #4137 of 4250
I'm sure this has probably been addressed somewhere in this thread, but have people found a big difference in getting fitted with Luca vs. Mariano? Assuming one can specify that they'd like their garment made in Naples, and they already have a clear vision of what they'd like, is there a significant difference in outcomes?
post #4138 of 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

I know, but if not for my insistence on waiting for Mariano, this probably would have taken 6 weeks, not 18 months. One benefit to Rubinacci is that they keep on schedule and Luca is in NYC and LA every other month or so.
You've mentioned several times that this is one justification for the premium they charge and I agree. There's never any misunderstanding, unexplained delays, or excuses for not accommodating a client. They do what they say, when they say they will, and on the rare occasion they don't, they rectify the situation immediately. There is value in this to me.
post #4139 of 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

I know, but if not for my insistence on waiting for Mariano, this probably would have taken 6 weeks, not 18 months. One benefit to Rubinacci is that they keep on schedule and Luca is in NYC and LA every other month or so.

so you could have been wearing this last winter? that shows a lot of, errr, patience on your part. what made you so hesitant to mix the generations?
post #4140 of 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post

so you could have been wearing this last winter? that shows a lot of, errr, patience on your part. what made you so hesitant to mix the generations?

Like I said, and as may be obvious from the resulting overcoat, it was a complicated concept with a lot of details diverging from their standard practice. The idea was hatched with Mariano. I simply didn't want to get too many hands stirring the pot and muddle up the project.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Rubinacci Thread.