Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Style Question - Checked shirt w/ pinstripe suit Last post on 8/21/10 at 9:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Rubinacci Thread. - Page 253
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3782 of 42944/27/12 at 4:11pm
That reminds me of a coolstorybro. I met a guy wearing belgian loafers a couple of months ago. When he told me he was an art dealer, I got very excited and told him I felt like I was meeting a cliche - that belgian loafers are supposed to be the offical shoes of art dealers but that I had never seen an art dealer who really wore them. He pretended to not know what I was talking about, and the next time I saw him, same setting, he was in laceups.post #3783 of 42944/28/12 at 12:56pm
has anyone bought this type of loafer from Rubinacci? would anyone here actually wear them out?
the tiny bow makes them look very feminine indeed, what are others thoughts? i think id be quite concerned heading back home on the tube in london in these .. the only people ive seen wearing a shoe like this are on luca & poirot reruns!
dandypost #3784 of 42944/28/12 at 1:22pmpost #3785 of 42944/28/12 at 1:39pmpost #3786 of 42944/28/12 at 2:22pm
doc that made me laugh out loud .. the 'SF echo chamber' .. its so true there so is an SF 'look book', and sure i can spot a fellow SFer at 100 paces .. anyways ..
i was actually wondering if theyd look ok on a night out (really does just goes to show ive been spending far too much time in the SF echo chamber) .. ive got a niggling feeling though that on a night out in a bar i would face a long evening of ridicule from my friends & quite possibly get beaten up on leaving ..
would anyone wear this? or am i losing it ..
dandy.post #3787 of 42944/28/12 at 3:25pmpost #3788 of 42944/28/12 at 4:17pmpost #3789 of 42944/28/12 at 4:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
I think it's a shoe for wearing in the home. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)The sole doesn't look like it would stand up to a lot of use on pavement. If you're the sort of man who could pull off a smoking jacket, then I suspect you could pull off the Belgian.
it's for the croisette.post #3790 of 42944/28/12 at 4:28pmpost #3791 of 42944/28/12 at 4:32pmQuote:
linen trousers, shorts, casual summer clothes...
yes, the sole is flimsy. mine are full leather, unlined, as some of the models on the r. display.post #3792 of 42944/28/12 at 4:32pmpost #3793 of 42944/28/12 at 4:33pmpost #3794 of 42944/28/12 at 4:51pm
- The Rubinacci Thread.
Styleforum Top Picks
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 58 seconds ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Dress in Academia 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 9 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina Rain-Last Tomir Soled Cap-Toe/Quarter Brogue 15 minutes ago
- › Mihara Yasuhiro Deep Navy Taffeta Coat - Size 52 16 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...