Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Style Question - Checked shirt w/ pinstripe suit Last post on 8/21/10 at 9:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Rubinacci Thread. - Page 253
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3782 of 42514/27/12 at 4:11pm
That reminds me of a coolstorybro. I met a guy wearing belgian loafers a couple of months ago. When he told me he was an art dealer, I got very excited and told him I felt like I was meeting a cliche - that belgian loafers are supposed to be the offical shoes of art dealers but that I had never seen an art dealer who really wore them. He pretended to not know what I was talking about, and the next time I saw him, same setting, he was in laceups.post #3783 of 42514/28/12 at 12:56pm
has anyone bought this type of loafer from Rubinacci? would anyone here actually wear them out?
the tiny bow makes them look very feminine indeed, what are others thoughts? i think id be quite concerned heading back home on the tube in london in these .. the only people ive seen wearing a shoe like this are on luca & poirot reruns!
dandypost #3784 of 42514/28/12 at 1:22pmpost #3785 of 42514/28/12 at 1:39pmpost #3786 of 42514/28/12 at 2:22pm
doc that made me laugh out loud .. the 'SF echo chamber' .. its so true there so is an SF 'look book', and sure i can spot a fellow SFer at 100 paces .. anyways ..
i was actually wondering if theyd look ok on a night out (really does just goes to show ive been spending far too much time in the SF echo chamber) .. ive got a niggling feeling though that on a night out in a bar i would face a long evening of ridicule from my friends & quite possibly get beaten up on leaving ..
would anyone wear this? or am i losing it ..
dandy.post #3787 of 42514/28/12 at 3:25pmpost #3788 of 42514/28/12 at 4:17pmpost #3789 of 42514/28/12 at 4:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
I think it's a shoe for wearing in the home. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)The sole doesn't look like it would stand up to a lot of use on pavement. If you're the sort of man who could pull off a smoking jacket, then I suspect you could pull off the Belgian.
it's for the croisette.post #3790 of 42514/28/12 at 4:28pmpost #3791 of 42514/28/12 at 4:32pmQuote:
linen trousers, shorts, casual summer clothes...
yes, the sole is flimsy. mine are full leather, unlined, as some of the models on the r. display.post #3792 of 42514/28/12 at 4:32pmpost #3793 of 42514/28/12 at 4:33pmpost #3794 of 42514/28/12 at 4:51pm
- The Rubinacci Thread.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Crockett & Jones Harlech MTO - Whiskey Cordovan - UPDATE 09/25/13 53 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Need Supply - official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)