Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Style Question - Checked shirt w/ pinstripe suit Last post on 8/21/10 at 9:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Rubinacci Thread. - Page 227post #3391 of 42558/29/11 at 5:31am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3392 of 42558/29/11 at 7:33ampost #3393 of 42558/29/11 at 8:05am
I totally agree about the back - that and the fact that the trouser waist was 2 inches too big were the two factors Mariano was most concerned with correcting - along with the front right quarter being off from the left - who knew my shoulders were not perfectly symmetrical? ;)
You are absolutely spot on re. the experience - I felt like Mariano was more of a friend than my tailor, and I hope that will be the case for many years to come. . .post #3394 of 42558/29/11 at 2:57pmpost #3395 of 42558/30/11 at 1:17ampost #3396 of 42558/30/11 at 3:37ampost #3397 of 42558/30/11 at 1:45pmpost #3398 of 42558/30/11 at 2:09pmpost #3399 of 42558/31/11 at 12:01ampost #3400 of 42559/3/11 at 9:15amI just saw Foo's herringbone coating (still untouched in a cuttinh room), gooood stuff.
I also investigated on the rtw quality-pricing thing and it all makes sense (who would have thought!).
The jackets sold via the net are so so, while some others (none ofthem available via the online store as I overview the current situation), incl. new models are equal to the bespoke stuff or almost similar in construction.
First I was somewhat confused by the (lowish) online pricing of the jackets as the store in Milan only had the high end rtw collection which were made incredibly nicely and I asssumed they would be made all the same.
I find that a bit dangerous marketing wise, first time bespoke clients who glance at the rtw items may feel a little insecure, even when the bespoke is a completely dofferent story.post #3401 of 42559/9/11 at 11:44pm
Rubinacci Second Fitting
I'm in Naples for the weekend to have my second fitting with Mr. Rubinacci. The suit is coming along nicely, I skipped taking any pics (no beautiful women - i.e. photographers). The quarters needed some slight adjustment. I was told that although I have a good build (thank you running 30km+ per week) that my athletic build is difficult to fit. I am however quite pleased with the progress and expect the suit, shirts and trousers to be completed the first week of October. I'll be sure to post more pics when this order is complete.
...and the Next Order:
- Navy house-hopsack suit, patch pockets, 3R2, burgundy lining w/extra pants in Grey house-hopsack
- Grey flannel (14 gram) suit for winter in Berlin with faint blue pinstripe and a patterned baby blue lining, 3R2, cashmere blend
- Navy overcoat, double-breasted, belt in the back, sweeping peak lapels
...and a shameless plug in the next post for bespoke 7 fold ties from Giorgio Ricciardi.post #3402 of 42559/9/11 at 11:51pm
Bespoke Tie Order - TIES & DREAMS:
- Hand sewn, rolled edges
- 7 fold
- Minimal structure
- Length specific to my height, neck size and preferences
- Hand made means not perfect - these ties have character, as does the man who wears them…
If you visit Naples, Italy - you must visit Giorgio Ricciardi at TIES & DREAMS. This is a small shop making ties in the original hand-made methods that so many houses have left behind for mass production.
Skip Hermes, Ferragamo and Charvet - go bespoke!post #3403 of 42559/10/11 at 4:21ampost #3404 of 42559/10/11 at 5:41am
- The Rubinacci Thread.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 2 minutes ago
- › San Francisco SF Bay Area Meetup and Trunk Show Hosted by Epaulet... 3 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...