Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Style Question - Checked shirt w/ pinstripe suit Last post on 8/21/10 at 9:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
The Rubinacci Thread. - Page 227
Styleforum Top Picks
I totally agree about the back - that and the fact that the trouser waist was 2 inches too big were the two factors Mariano was most concerned with correcting - along with the front right quarter being off from the left - who knew my shoulders were not perfectly symmetrical? ;)
You are absolutely spot on re. the experience - I felt like Mariano was more of a friend than my tailor, and I hope that will be the case for many years to come. . .
I also investigated on the rtw quality-pricing thing and it all makes sense (who would have thought!).
The jackets sold via the net are so so, while some others (none ofthem available via the online store as I overview the current situation), incl. new models are equal to the bespoke stuff or almost similar in construction.
First I was somewhat confused by the (lowish) online pricing of the jackets as the store in Milan only had the high end rtw collection which were made incredibly nicely and I asssumed they would be made all the same.
I find that a bit dangerous marketing wise, first time bespoke clients who glance at the rtw items may feel a little insecure, even when the bespoke is a completely dofferent story.
Rubinacci Second Fitting
I'm in Naples for the weekend to have my second fitting with Mr. Rubinacci. The suit is coming along nicely, I skipped taking any pics (no beautiful women - i.e. photographers). The quarters needed some slight adjustment. I was told that although I have a good build (thank you running 30km+ per week) that my athletic build is difficult to fit. I am however quite pleased with the progress and expect the suit, shirts and trousers to be completed the first week of October. I'll be sure to post more pics when this order is complete.
...and the Next Order:
- Navy house-hopsack suit, patch pockets, 3R2, burgundy lining w/extra pants in Grey house-hopsack
- Grey flannel (14 gram) suit for winter in Berlin with faint blue pinstripe and a patterned baby blue lining, 3R2, cashmere blend
- Navy overcoat, double-breasted, belt in the back, sweeping peak lapels
...and a shameless plug in the next post for bespoke 7 fold ties from Giorgio Ricciardi.
Bespoke Tie Order - TIES & DREAMS:
- Hand sewn, rolled edges
- 7 fold
- Minimal structure
- Length specific to my height, neck size and preferences
- Hand made means not perfect - these ties have character, as does the man who wears them…
If you visit Naples, Italy - you must visit Giorgio Ricciardi at TIES & DREAMS. This is a small shop making ties in the original hand-made methods that so many houses have left behind for mass production.
Skip Hermes, Ferragamo and Charvet - go bespoke!
- The Rubinacci Thread.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › 2014 MLB Season Thread 12 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 17 seconds ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 37 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Gurka briefcase, JW Hulme or other? 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Air Jordan 1 Low, Size 10.5 Cool Grey / White / Cool Grey 3 minutes ago
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw