Indeed, the price difference would be a bit confusing if yes...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Style Question - Checked shirt w/ pinstripe suit Last post on 8/21/10 at 9:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Rubinacci Thread. - Page 218
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3257 of 42956/7/11 at 4:42pmpost #3258 of 42956/8/11 at 3:57ampost #3259 of 42956/8/11 at 12:52pmpost #3260 of 42956/8/11 at 2:04pmpost #3261 of 42956/13/11 at 7:29pmpost #3262 of 42956/13/11 at 10:27pmpost #3263 of 42956/13/11 at 10:35pmThread Starterpost #3264 of 42956/14/11 at 10:44ampost #3265 of 42957/14/11 at 6:29ampost #3266 of 42957/14/11 at 9:12ampost #3267 of 42957/14/11 at 9:51ampost #3268 of 42957/14/11 at 10:23ampost #3269 of 42957/14/11 at 12:12pmpost #3270 of 42957/27/11 at 5:51am
This is my first post to this thread, but I've been following along for almost a year now.
This Friday I make my first trip to Naples to visit M. Rubinacci to place my first order. I'll not subject myself to the often-found punishment on this thread by listing my reasons for choosing Rubinacci, but suffice it to say I am taking a careful approach.
First, I now live in Zurich so I can visit Naples as often as needed for fittings, etc. My plan is order 2 suits, 3R2, side vents - one blue and one grey - with a request for a traditional rollina shoulder. I am 6'1" and 190 pounds. I've been disappointed for many years by "bespoke" services in Washington DC, NYC, Hong Kong and elsewhere. I've spent from $1500 to $4500 per suit and yet am totally dissatisfied with the outcome. It seems no one can build a well proportioned suit for an athletic person over 6 feet tall. Anyhow, I am in love with a soft Neopolitan shoulder and Rubinacci seems the best choice to be "safe" for my first commission in Naples.
My main thought - cost is not out of the picture for me. I know after visiting Rubinacci, I'll walk away well over EUR 10,000 for two suits and some pants. I know the outcome will be great, but will it be worth the cost?
I'm really on the fence and would never cancel my appointment in 2 days with Mariano - but I'm interested in other's thoughts on here.
A "real" Napolean friend of mine in Zurich swears up and down by Solito at half the price. Should I visit Solito and have him commission one suit and Rubinacci one?
Is it worth visiting Anna M for shirts or will Rubinacci shirts in Riva cloth be of the same quality and detail?
I promise to post pics, feedback and comments as I start my foray into Napolean tailoring. . .
- The Rubinacci Thread.
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Help me recreate this style: Blue faced Omega watch with red... 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 15 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › Vintage NOS Tart Optical Arnel Frame, Dark Tortoise, Size 46mm 18 minutes ago
- › Shanghai Tailors: Midrange 20 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 20 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 27 minutes ago
- › Atlanta Tailors 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories