Indeed, the price difference would be a bit confusing if yes...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Style Question - Checked shirt w/ pinstripe suit Last post on 8/21/10 at 9:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Rubinacci Thread. - Page 218
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3257 of 42576/7/11 at 4:42pmpost #3258 of 42576/8/11 at 3:57ampost #3259 of 42576/8/11 at 12:52pmpost #3260 of 42576/8/11 at 2:04pmpost #3261 of 42576/13/11 at 7:29pmpost #3262 of 42576/13/11 at 10:27pmpost #3263 of 42576/13/11 at 10:35pmThread Starterpost #3264 of 42576/14/11 at 10:44ampost #3265 of 42577/14/11 at 6:29ampost #3266 of 42577/14/11 at 9:12ampost #3267 of 42577/14/11 at 9:51ampost #3268 of 42577/14/11 at 10:23ampost #3269 of 42577/14/11 at 12:12pmpost #3270 of 42577/27/11 at 5:51am
This is my first post to this thread, but I've been following along for almost a year now.
This Friday I make my first trip to Naples to visit M. Rubinacci to place my first order. I'll not subject myself to the often-found punishment on this thread by listing my reasons for choosing Rubinacci, but suffice it to say I am taking a careful approach.
First, I now live in Zurich so I can visit Naples as often as needed for fittings, etc. My plan is order 2 suits, 3R2, side vents - one blue and one grey - with a request for a traditional rollina shoulder. I am 6'1" and 190 pounds. I've been disappointed for many years by "bespoke" services in Washington DC, NYC, Hong Kong and elsewhere. I've spent from $1500 to $4500 per suit and yet am totally dissatisfied with the outcome. It seems no one can build a well proportioned suit for an athletic person over 6 feet tall. Anyhow, I am in love with a soft Neopolitan shoulder and Rubinacci seems the best choice to be "safe" for my first commission in Naples.
My main thought - cost is not out of the picture for me. I know after visiting Rubinacci, I'll walk away well over EUR 10,000 for two suits and some pants. I know the outcome will be great, but will it be worth the cost?
I'm really on the fence and would never cancel my appointment in 2 days with Mariano - but I'm interested in other's thoughts on here.
A "real" Napolean friend of mine in Zurich swears up and down by Solito at half the price. Should I visit Solito and have him commission one suit and Rubinacci one?
Is it worth visiting Anna M for shirts or will Rubinacci shirts in Riva cloth be of the same quality and detail?
I promise to post pics, feedback and comments as I start my foray into Napolean tailoring. . .
- The Rubinacci Thread.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › (+91-8890900967) VASHIKARAN specialist IN UK! USA!... 1 minute ago
- › (+91-8890900967) VASHIKARAN specialist IN UK! USA!... 3 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 4 minutes ago
- › (+91-8890900967) VASHIKARAN specialist IN UK! USA!... 5 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Il Cravattaio Matto (eBay) - Legit? 7 minutes ago
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 7 minutes ago
- › (+91-8890900967) VASHIKARAN specialist IN UK! USA!... 7 minutes ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...