Indeed, the price difference would be a bit confusing if yes...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Style Question - Checked shirt w/ pinstripe suit Last post on 1/18/16 at 10:41am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Rubinacci Thread. - Page 218post #3257 of 43056/7/11 at 4:42pmpost #3258 of 43056/8/11 at 3:57ampost #3259 of 43056/8/11 at 12:52pmpost #3260 of 43056/8/11 at 2:04pmpost #3261 of 43056/13/11 at 7:29pmpost #3262 of 43056/13/11 at 10:27pmpost #3263 of 43056/13/11 at 10:35pmThread Starterpost #3264 of 43056/14/11 at 10:44ampost #3265 of 43057/14/11 at 6:29ampost #3266 of 43057/14/11 at 9:12ampost #3267 of 43057/14/11 at 9:51ampost #3268 of 43057/14/11 at 10:23ampost #3269 of 43057/14/11 at 12:12pmpost #3270 of 43057/27/11 at 5:51am
This is my first post to this thread, but I've been following along for almost a year now.
This Friday I make my first trip to Naples to visit M. Rubinacci to place my first order. I'll not subject myself to the often-found punishment on this thread by listing my reasons for choosing Rubinacci, but suffice it to say I am taking a careful approach.
First, I now live in Zurich so I can visit Naples as often as needed for fittings, etc. My plan is order 2 suits, 3R2, side vents - one blue and one grey - with a request for a traditional rollina shoulder. I am 6'1" and 190 pounds. I've been disappointed for many years by "bespoke" services in Washington DC, NYC, Hong Kong and elsewhere. I've spent from $1500 to $4500 per suit and yet am totally dissatisfied with the outcome. It seems no one can build a well proportioned suit for an athletic person over 6 feet tall. Anyhow, I am in love with a soft Neopolitan shoulder and Rubinacci seems the best choice to be "safe" for my first commission in Naples.
My main thought - cost is not out of the picture for me. I know after visiting Rubinacci, I'll walk away well over EUR 10,000 for two suits and some pants. I know the outcome will be great, but will it be worth the cost?
I'm really on the fence and would never cancel my appointment in 2 days with Mariano - but I'm interested in other's thoughts on here.
A "real" Napolean friend of mine in Zurich swears up and down by Solito at half the price. Should I visit Solito and have him commission one suit and Rubinacci one?
Is it worth visiting Anna M for shirts or will Rubinacci shirts in Riva cloth be of the same quality and detail?
I promise to post pics, feedback and comments as I start my foray into Napolean tailoring. . .
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 26 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 29 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 35 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 57 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding