or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What is Incotex?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What is Incotex? - Page 3

post #31 of 55
How do they differ from Savane brand pants which I often find for around $20 at discount stores?
post #32 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph K. Bank View Post
How do they differ from Savane brand pants which I often find for around $20 at discount stores?
Materials, stitching, lining, cut, suspender buttons.....
post #33 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
Materials, stitching, lining, cut, suspender buttons.....

Do you think that Incotex are better in any of those categories? I generally cut off suspender buttons when they are included with the pants as I feel that they effect how my shirt sits when tucked in.
post #34 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph K. Bank View Post
Do you think that Incotex are better in any of those categories? I generally cut off suspender buttons when they are included with the pants as I feel that they effect how my shirt sits when tucked in.

They're better in all those categories.
post #35 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade View Post
They're better in all those categories.
I feel that Savane makes very good pants and I don't see how they could be significantly improved upon especially considering the price which they can be found for.
post #36 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph K. Bank View Post
I feel that Savane makes very good pants and I don't see how they could be significantly improved upon especially considering the price which they can be found for.

Awesome. You are a lucky man. Please don't give Incotex another thought.
post #37 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph K. Bank View Post
I feel that Savane makes very good pants and I don't see how they could be significantly improved upon especially considering the price which they can be found for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade View Post
Awesome. You are a lucky man. Please don't give Incotex another thought.

yes, leave it for us poor bastards who are not up to Savane standards.
post #38 of 55
Allow me to demonstrate: Here's the Savane Fit (did they steal their "craftsmen" from Dockers?): And here's Incotex: Please tell me you see the difference. Here's a bit from RobbReport about Incotex/Slowear http://www.robbreport.com/archived-i...?article=14205
post #39 of 55
That's funny, I was just going to post about this today.. then I saw this thread already. The guy in the 2nd photo almost looks like he's getting ready for the flood!
post #40 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
Allow me to demonstrate:
Here's the Savane Fit (did they steal their "craftsmen" from Dockers?):



And here's Incotex:


Please tell me you see the difference.

Here's a bit from RobbReport about Incotex/Slowear
http://www.robbreport.com/archived-i...?article=14205

I don't feel that the first photo is a very good representation of Savane pants. I don't think the company puts a lot of money into creative advertising photos and it looks almost as if the used a mannequin for that photo shot. I think the company is able to madee quality pants at a fair price because they don't spend a lot of money on their marketing.

Since I have never tried on a pair of Incotex I cannot say if the second photo accurately showcases the fit and general style of their pants but to my eye they look to be cut more like a chino or jean than a dress oant.
post #41 of 55
The photo I posted is of the Chino-Lino which is a casual pant. Dress pants have similarly sharp cuts. Look at the way the cotton drapes on the Savanes. It reeks of Dockers.

Once you see the pants in person, if you have any shred of taste and judgement, you'll be a convert. Savane is sold at JCPenneys for a reason.
post #42 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
The photo I posted is of the Chino-Lino which is a casual pant. Dress pants have similarly sharp cuts. Look at the way the cotton drapes on the Savanes. It reeks of Dockers.

Once you see the pants in person, if you have any shred of taste and judgement, you'll be a convert. Savane is sold at JCPenneys for a reason.

I am sorry but I don't wear CHinos which both those pants look likeI prefer wool or wool type fabric dress pants. Casually taupe is very nice for tyeh summer instead of those damn sloppy khaki chINOS.
post #43 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph K. Bank View Post
I am sorry but I don't wear CHinos which both those pants look likeI prefer wool or wool type fabric dress pants. Casually taupe is very nice for tyeh summer instead of those damn sloppy khaki chINOS.
Here are some Incotex wool pant pics for you...the pants have a much nicer cut and construction than any pair of Savane
post #44 of 55
Incotex.... It's pronounciation kinda sounds like "Income Tax." I've been losing weight like crazy (intentional) over the past few months (close to 20 ibs in the past 10 weeks!). And for the first time in many years I'm getting into a lot of my old, size 36/52 trousers and jeans. Yesterday I spent a couple of hours trying on many of my older pants (I probably tried on about 60 pairs). And I made three piles...the ones that now fit again, the ones that aren't quite there and either have just a little way to go or have enough material that they can be let out to fit.... and the pile of trousers that I may never be able to wear again (unless I were to lose another 30 lbs...I suppose anything's possible). The point of my little story... I'm VERY happy to say that I "re-discovered" 5 pairs of Incotex pants...and they're all in that first pile! Two of the pairs are casual, Khaki-types...one is closer to a "moleskin"...both were "Made in Portugal"...Another pair is a medium weight, dressy, black pair that feels like maybe Super 120's, with a box pleat (very flattering for a guy who's carrying a little "extra weight"). And then there's a luscious, winter weight in a midnight navy, that's a wool/cashmere blend...and man...do they ever feel awesome on! A luxurious "hand"... And finally... there is an exquisite pair, that are all-season, single pleated, in a drop dead, gorgeous creme color. They were my first pair of Incotex...and definitely one of my all-time finest pairs of trousers. I purchased them years ago at "Bruno Cipriani Menswear" (in the White Flynt Mall...Just outside the DC Beltway, near Rockville, MD...The store is still there...but the Mall has long passed its "glory days"). Eduardo (the owner) is a wonderful, distinguished, quite dapper, in his late 60's?, "old world" Italian...who also happens to have the designation of "master tailor." I had already known Eduardo for a number of years (from back when he had a small shop in Georgetown Park), when one day he called and said that he wanted to show me something that he thought was very "me"... A wonderful, beautifully detailed pair of trousers by Incotex (Incotex wasn't all that known in the States back then and I had never heard of the line). Eduardo explained that Incotex were among the finest trousers available. And then he pulled out this particular pair and said that they were his very best, and insisted that I try them on. I did, and I knew immediately that I had to have them. I can still recall that they were $375. A pretty hefty price at the time. That was something like 12 or 13 years ago..maybe longer (Although I had spent more...much more...for some of my Versace trousers...But nothing that looked and felt like these). Along with the other 4 pair of Incotex trousers that finally fit me again after all these years, I feel like those "special"...creme colored, Incotex trousers have once again "come alive"...and am I ever glad that he talked me into buying them! Dennis
post #45 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIEALIGN View Post
Here are some Incotex wool pant pics for you...the pants have a much nicer cut and construction than any pair of Savane
I apologize if it offends anyone who wears Incotex pants but to my eye these look like tight fitting jeans. I feel that it is more appropriate for a pair of dress pants to look tailored without being snug.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What is Incotex?