• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Atsui Tokyo - Official Affiliate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to welcome Atsui Tokyo, a boutique specializing in Japanese streetwear, as a new Styleforum affiliate. Labels difficult to find outside of Japan, like Man of Moods and Mister Olive, among others, are featured. I think that slimmer guys are going to find this store a godsend.

The online store is at www.atsuitokyo.com

Jay is offering a 20% discount on regularly priced goods. Please see the website or PM him (he will be posting shortly as "Atsui") for details.

Cheers,

Fok.

Who?

Reaction score
I have handled a few pieces from Mr. Olive and Man of Moods. The quality/construction was good, the pieces fit great if you are in favor of a slim silhouette. Overall the labels seem to warrant the price as they use pretty decent materials and the designs are wearable but not pedestrian.

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
What - exactly - is cutting edge about this website's fashions?

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello, this is Jay at Atsui. We are excited to be a part of the forum.

We offer 20% discount to all styleforum members on regular priced items. You can get this discount by telephone, e-mail, or on our online shop.

Via our online shop, when filling in your last name, type your last name, followed by a hyphen (-) and the words "Stylef" to get the discount. For example, if your last name is Smith, type "Smith-Stylef." We will go into our system and manually give the discount.

For those visiting our physical location in Seattle, please say you are a styleforum member at the register for the 20% discount (please do so discreetly).

We offer free shipping on domestic orders of over $100 after the discount, otherwise $10 flat fee will apply. For overseas, free shipping on orders over $200 after the discount, otherwise $30 flat fee will apply.

Please PM or e-mail me directly at [email protected] with any questions.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^hi jay,

i look forward to visiting your physical shop sometime soon, and welcome to SF! it's a fresh change in seattle when i can actually buy clothes (trying them on first as well) which are modeled for asians, as opposed to americans!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WayneGibbous
What - exactly - is cutting edge about this website's fashions?

A lot of what makes the styles carried at Atsui different from things you can find at most American and European stores is in the materials and the details. For example, I tried on a Man of Moods blazer over the weekend that is meant to fit super tight so that a pattern of square and circles stands out when you stretch an arm forward. Or, there were a pair of highly distressed Man of Moods jeans that, when you look at the underside, you see that both the warp and weft are dyed blue, so the wear pattern is actually a 3 dimensional dye job using a caramel ink and then a darker ink. There was also a hoodie made of a very spongey ramie/polyester blend that was very interesting.

The trims and construction of the pieces tends to be top notch as well. For example, the Mr. Olive zippers are all riri.

A lot of these details are much easier to see in person than over the web.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Atsui Tokyo is almost 1 year old and we are beginning to celebrate with our first Anniversary Sale which officially begins on Saturday June 7th. The best discount we have on summer collection items is the standard 20% discount, but there are many previous season items that will be discounted between 20-75% off. We are really busy preparing for the sale and discounted prices will not start to appear on our online shop until after the weekend. I want to give everyone here first shot so if there is anything of interest, PM or e-mail me.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Atsui, regarding Fok's comments below about details and materials easier to see in person, would you be able to post pics of said features on the website? Most of the pics that are up show how the items fit, but the details can't be seen. Closeup shots of what makes each item stand out would be very helpful to those not familiar with the brands.
Originally Posted by LA Guy
A lot of what makes the styles carried at Atsui different from things you can find at most American and European stores is in the materials and the details. For example, I tried on a Man of Moods blazer over the weekend that is meant to fit super tight so that a pattern of square and circles stands out when you stretch an arm forward. Or, there were a pair of highly distressed Man of Moods jeans that, when you look at the underside, you see that both the warp and weft are dyed blue, so the wear pattern is actually a 3 dimensional dye job using a caramel ink and then a darker ink. There was also a hoodie made of a very spongey ramie/polyester blend that was very interesting. The trims and construction of the pieces tends to be top notch as well. For example, the Mr. Olive zippers are all riri. A lot of these details are much easier to see in person than over the web.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Much respect Fok; you are one of the smoothest operators on the internets.

And it's probably still not enogh for me to recant my philosophical opposition to pre-distressed jawns, but this sounds goddamned incredible:

Originally Posted by LA Guy
there were a pair of highly distressed Man of Moods jeans that, when you look at the underside, you see that both the warp and weft are dyed blue, so the wear pattern is actually a 3 dimensional dye job using a caramel ink and then a darker ink

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Timpoblete - Thank you for the advice.

We unfortunately only have 4 photo spaces available on our online shop, but we do post more close-up detail photos and include further information about the product and designers on our blogsite, www.shopatsui.blogspot.com. We will work on posting more photos of close-ups and details in the future.

If anyone is interested in detail shots of a specific item, please PM me and I can post here on this thread.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I didn't have time take photos, but I want everyone to see this denim Fok is talking about. It is spectacular workmanship. This Japanese site has some good photos. Check the following link, http://www.matou.jp/SHOP/M08SPT12ST.html

Here is the item from our online shop, http://shop.atsuitokyo.com/scripts/p...detail&SKU=601

Our item is #601, Man of Moods "Used" Straight Selvage Denim. This is how the designer explained the process to me. The denim first goes through a blast process with the use of sand particles followed by a Bio wash to eliminate any roughness on the surface. Then it goes through a mulit-dye process where the underside is dyed dark blue and the front surface is then "over dyed" with a beige color to create the vintage look. The denim is then given dimensions by adding the whiskers and wrinkling.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry for the wait. I have taken some pictures of the MofM denim Fok has talked about:

mofmd1bg1.jpg

mofmd3iu7.jpg

mofmd4oy9.jpg

mofmd5nq5.jpg

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Jay, my stuff just arrived, thanks! Now boys, I ordered a Mr. Olive b/d shirt, the one in the link below in size medium and it fits superb but a bit tight in the arms so please be careful what sizes you order because these things really run extremely small. I might return it for a large but I'm not sure yet since these shirts are suppose to fit tight. http://shop.atsuitokyo.com/scripts/p...detail&SKU=625 I also ordered this Mofm t-shirt in the link below in size 3 and the fit is just right, no complaints..... http://shop.atsuitokyo.com/scripts/p...tail&SKU=330.1 For reference, I'm approx 5'10 150lbs.......
eh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads