Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any brands, clothiers, or retailers, that cater to the short (5'8"/1.70m)... Last post on 9/23/14 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- [SOLD] NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Italian CBD Last post on 11/17/14 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Double Breasted Style. - Page 66post #976 of 15217/22/12 at 9:51am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #977 of 15218/7/12 at 6:08pmpost #978 of 15218/7/12 at 6:18pmpost #979 of 15218/7/12 at 6:32pmpost #980 of 15218/7/12 at 7:09pmQuote:
I was just kidding! Jokingly referred it to as such because it looked like a mountain peak.
It doesn't appear to be anything fancy - just a square folded to a peak. I imagine its not than common because: a) plain white linen is typically folded square, and b) silk squares are 'poofed' rather than folded to a peak.post #981 of 15218/7/12 at 7:23pmpost #982 of 15219/12/12 at 2:34pmI've been thinking about getting my first DB suit. I was going to be very conservative: navy or charcoal, solid, etc. In reading about them on SF it seems like navy is more associated with the DB style than charcoal. Is that because of the military origins/influences of the DB coat? Or am I imagining things (again)?post #983 of 15219/12/12 at 2:39pmpost #984 of 15219/12/12 at 4:15pmpost #985 of 152110/11/12 at 5:55amThis monstrous Tiger of Sweden jacket deserves inclusion in this thread, if only to illustrate what often becomes of DB jackets when clueless designers start fiddling with their proportions. To add insult to injury, the jacket is about 350 EUR, despite the cloth being some shitty wool/poly blend.post #986 of 152110/14/12 at 9:33ampost #987 of 152110/14/12 at 10:14ampost #988 of 152110/14/12 at 10:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Ivar
This monstrous Tiger of Sweden jacket deserves inclusion in this thread, if only to illustrate what often becomes of DB jackets when clueless designers start fiddling with their proportions. To add insult to injury, the jacket is about 350 EUR, despite the cloth being some shitty wool/poly blend.
Seems a little long. I like my fashion-forward monstrosities to just touch my belt line. Why or why do they do this?post #989 of 152110/14/12 at 11:11am
- Double Breasted Style.
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 9 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 10 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 11 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 13 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 17 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › 9.5E Walnut Shell Dalton 18 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...