Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- GREY/GRAY FRIDAY CHALLENGE 30th October 2015 Last post on 11/4/15 at 4:27am in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Double Breasted Style. - Page 66post #976 of 22107/22/12 at 9:51am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #977 of 22108/7/12 at 6:08pmpost #978 of 22108/7/12 at 6:18pmpost #979 of 22108/7/12 at 6:32pmpost #980 of 22108/7/12 at 7:09pmQuote:
I was just kidding! Jokingly referred it to as such because it looked like a mountain peak.
It doesn't appear to be anything fancy - just a square folded to a peak. I imagine its not than common because: a) plain white linen is typically folded square, and b) silk squares are 'poofed' rather than folded to a peak.post #981 of 22108/7/12 at 7:23pmpost #982 of 22109/12/12 at 2:34pmI've been thinking about getting my first DB suit. I was going to be very conservative: navy or charcoal, solid, etc. In reading about them on SF it seems like navy is more associated with the DB style than charcoal. Is that because of the military origins/influences of the DB coat? Or am I imagining things (again)?post #983 of 22109/12/12 at 2:39pmpost #984 of 22109/12/12 at 4:15pmpost #985 of 221010/11/12 at 5:55amThis monstrous Tiger of Sweden jacket deserves inclusion in this thread, if only to illustrate what often becomes of DB jackets when clueless designers start fiddling with their proportions. To add insult to injury, the jacket is about 350 EUR, despite the cloth being some shitty wool/poly blend.post #986 of 221010/14/12 at 9:33ampost #987 of 221010/14/12 at 10:14ampost #988 of 221010/14/12 at 10:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Ivar
This monstrous Tiger of Sweden jacket deserves inclusion in this thread, if only to illustrate what often becomes of DB jackets when clueless designers start fiddling with their proportions. To add insult to injury, the jacket is about 350 EUR, despite the cloth being some shitty wool/poly blend.
Seems a little long. I like my fashion-forward monstrosities to just touch my belt line. Why or why do they do this?post #989 of 221010/14/12 at 11:11am
- Double Breasted Style.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?
- › Poor man's watch thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Help ID the maker of this beautiful bespoke shoe? 7 minutes ago
- › NWT 40R Canali Kei dark grey sportcoat 9 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 19 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 26 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 29 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. 30 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...