Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 4:36 am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR 23, 2015 Last post on 3/31/15 at 11:00am in Classic Menswear
- San Francisco Bay Area, SF, Styleforum Meetup Hosted by Khaki's Of Carmel- Ring Jacket... Last post on 4/26/15 at 9:10pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Double Breasted Style. - Page 66post #976 of 19937/22/12 at 9:51am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #977 of 19938/7/12 at 6:08pmpost #978 of 19938/7/12 at 6:18pmpost #979 of 19938/7/12 at 6:32pmpost #980 of 19938/7/12 at 7:09pmQuote:
I was just kidding! Jokingly referred it to as such because it looked like a mountain peak.
It doesn't appear to be anything fancy - just a square folded to a peak. I imagine its not than common because: a) plain white linen is typically folded square, and b) silk squares are 'poofed' rather than folded to a peak.post #981 of 19938/7/12 at 7:23pmpost #982 of 19939/12/12 at 2:34pmI've been thinking about getting my first DB suit. I was going to be very conservative: navy or charcoal, solid, etc. In reading about them on SF it seems like navy is more associated with the DB style than charcoal. Is that because of the military origins/influences of the DB coat? Or am I imagining things (again)?post #983 of 19939/12/12 at 2:39pmpost #984 of 19939/12/12 at 4:15pmpost #985 of 199310/11/12 at 5:55amThis monstrous Tiger of Sweden jacket deserves inclusion in this thread, if only to illustrate what often becomes of DB jackets when clueless designers start fiddling with their proportions. To add insult to injury, the jacket is about 350 EUR, despite the cloth being some shitty wool/poly blend.post #986 of 199310/14/12 at 9:33ampost #987 of 199310/14/12 at 10:14ampost #988 of 199310/14/12 at 10:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Ivar
This monstrous Tiger of Sweden jacket deserves inclusion in this thread, if only to illustrate what often becomes of DB jackets when clueless designers start fiddling with their proportions. To add insult to injury, the jacket is about 350 EUR, despite the cloth being some shitty wool/poly blend.
Seems a little long. I like my fashion-forward monstrosities to just touch my belt line. Why or why do they do this?post #989 of 199310/14/12 at 11:11am
- Double Breasted Style.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 20 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 52 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 5 minutes ago
- › Just bought this watch for $800 from Macys. Was it a good buy? 7 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 7 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...